Last Wednesday of March

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Last Wednesday of March

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:57 pm

I'm on the treadmill now. Going slightly slower than usual so I can cuop and post myself. I will have to get off shortly and still will be short the 10K steps so will likely walk around the building to get those extra steps in.

Got home at 7:20, put away the groceries I remembered to buy on the way home and then cooked myself dinner. On the way home I decided to have bacon and eggs and salad which I often have for lunch since I had a burger (dinner food) at lunch today. I'll be 200 calories over for the day but that's a lot better than it could have been. I'm surprised how low my fibre count is, though, since I had salad both at lunch and dinner. Not to say this would be a good plan but my chocolate in the morning has as much fibre as the salad I had. I'll take an extra fibre pill tonight to make up for the low number.

I worked so hard today and have so little to show for it. Of course the refugees didn't want much of the clothes I had and none of the hats because they had hats already. Now why did I get told to bring hats and mitts and boots if they already had them? Thankfully, the woman who told me to bring them was there to see they were rejected (except the mitts.)

I still have two more loads to bring up from the car. One of clothing, the other of 'stuff'. I gave the boys a box of toys today and they immediately started playing with one game which didn't need language so that was great. It was good to see the eldest boy playing for a little bit. One of the toys was a learn your letters and sounds, which he already knows so he can help his younger brothers with it.

I'm getting overwhelmed. My guess is about 1/4 of what is donated will be used by the family and the remainder (a lot of duplicates, bought new) will be given away to a thrift store. I begged for gift cards so the refugees could buy what they wanted and without duplicates, but people want to give something. If you ask for something specific, you'll get that item plus everything that goes with that item, even though the rest wasn't needed.

Sigh... I hate waste.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:30 pm

Done the treadmill. Went to get the mail to add to my step count. I may have to go around the apartment a few times before bed but I'll make the 10K.

I have 24 emails that came in today. Plus the kitchen to clean up. I'm desperate for sleep. Something may give.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:17 pm

Home from church. It was an excellent service.

I stopped on the way home and picked up some fresh vegetables. Not really fresh, but as fresh as I can get during winter. I sooo miss having a garden and have ruined myself from ever thinking vegetables are fresh if I didn't pick them that day. ANYway, squash, zucchini, asparagus, and mushrooms are on my menu for the next few days.

I woke up this morning with a sore throat. It hasn't got any worse but it is still there every time I swallow or turn my head. GO AWAY SORE THROAT. You are not welcome in my body! In church tonight I noticed my hands looked yellow. Strange. Too many sweet potatoes & carrots in my diet? If they still look weird tomorrow I'll get an appointment with our family doctor.

Sweet Dreams!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:30 pm

OK, all email is handled. Two more came in while I was writing the responses to the 24. That took just over an hour.

Now to get to the kitchen.

One of the emails was from my daughter suggesting a movie. Hah! I told her perhaps after April 9.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:40 pm

I have spiffed up the kitchen. Put half of the stuff I made up this afternoon in the freezer. I needed to use up some applesauce. Had these mixes for a while that needed to be used.

I got the laundry current, and cut out more bags to be seamed up in April. Glad to have them cut out before hand yea!

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:46 pm

I need to clarify that our amazing $100.00 deductible is for glass only. I am sure the deductible for anything else is higher. I am just glad that our insurance agent put a low deductible on glass.

I ran errands today and dd1 and I walked. Other than that I didn't accomplish much. Tomorrow is a hair appt and a recheck visit with the oral surgeon. I also need to do more cleaning tomorrow in between appts. and after.

I had dosed off earlier and I woke up choking, gagging and coughing. My throat is now raw. Fun, fun.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:16 am

(((Lilac))) — hope your throat feels better soon!

I wonder if our insurance differentiates for glass or anything. Hmmmm...

Okay y’all... wait for it... drum roll...

I AM NOT A SLUG AFTER ALL!!!!!

I just spent ONE HOUR AND THIRTY MINUTES in the zone... dusting/vacuuming high & low, etc etc...
Whew. I’m exhausted.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”