Last Wednesday of March

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Last Wednesday of March

Postby Lilac » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:09 am

Can hardly believe that March is almost over. But I love spring.

Well both hutches are dust free for a minute anyway. I mopped the kitchen and breakfast area. Also done the wood cleaning on the hardwood floors in the living room and dining room. After I dusted, I brought out my Easter decorations and set them out. The last time I thought about it, it seemed too early and now it's almost too late. I just need to put everything away once Easter is over and not procrastinate.

We are leaving on April 10 to go to N ashville. Dh's bucket list includes seeing the Grand Ole Opry at the Ryman Auditorium. We toured it when we were there 6+ years ago. There were musical acts practicing for the Americana awards show, but that wasn't enough for dh. We seen the Avett brothers when we were there. We had never heard of them before that but we were really impressed with them.

lucylee, I am sure that you have been to both the Ryman and at Opryland for the Grand Ole Opry.

Someone hit the motorhome's windshield with a bb gun. It didn't go through so dh hoped that they could fix that spot. Well of course, it was on the rounded area of the windshield and they couldn't do it. Dh will have to call the insurance company again tomorrow. I am sure glad we have a $100.00 deductible on the glass of the motorhome, because if it has to be replaced, it won't be cheap. Our local place that said they can't fix it and told dh to contact the insurance company to see if they know a place that can do it.

When dd2 heard about this happening, she said we could park it at their house. I guess she doesn't realize that dh had to buy an older Jeep to drive to her house, because he doesn't want to take our other Jeep, the car or dh's 1971 pickup on 1 1/2 miles of dirt road to get there. Besides that we don't want mice or snakes getting in there. We know there is always that chance in town, but a much larger chance in the country.

Still waiting on an estimate from the plumbing company on replacing the hot water heater. Dh says if it is outrageous he will just replace it himself.

Before I was able to do my taxes, I had to go through a bunch of piled up paperwork. I shredded everything that I didn't need. Then I had 2 large bags of paperwork that needed shredded. Once I got to looking at that, I realized it was all since dh had retired, which is now 3 years and almost 3 months ago. So I decided to keep the shredder close to where I file everything. I am planning to a better job of filing and shredding, so that I don't have such a drawn out mess. I am also going to try and keep track of the anything deductible as I pay for it. Sure would make next year's taxes easier. I am also throwing away junk mail as it comes in the door, because if I put one days mail down and don't throw away the junk mail, then I just let it pile up.

Next week after dm leaves, I need to through all my clothes. April 7 is the churches annual day of free service. I like to donate clothes to that cause.

I have 2 new library books that will need read before our trip. I had reserved both of them and want to read them, so will just have to make time.

Tonight was the 2 little girls first soccer practice. They are on the same team and dd2 said she likes the coach plus the girls had a good time. Their games will start April 7. They will have 2 games each Saturday through April.

I do not know where my head was at when we planned this trip. Dgd6 will turn 7 on April 18. The boys will be with them that week, so dd2 will undoubtedly have her family birthday party on the Sunday before and we will be gone. I hope to be home on the 17th but dh wants to take a southern route home. If we are home on her birthday, we can go out to eat with them for her birthday dinner. That might not work though, because the girls go to Wednesday night church and they don't ever want to miss it, unless they have to.

The reason I am up and posting is that when I tested my blood, I was low. So have had a snack and need to check it again, so I can get to bed.

lucylee

Re: Last Wednesday of March

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:45 am

Yes, Lilac — I like the Opry both places, but there’s something special about the Ryman.
Call and make sure the show you want to see is at the Ryman, though. Dh here is a purist — he is saying the “official” Grand Ole Opry (on Saturday nights) is already moved back to the Opryland/Opry Mills location. The Friday night Opry also. They won’t be back at the Ryman till November.
Dh says they call the Thurs night show “Opry Country Classics” (at the Ryman) till June or July, and then they do bluegrass shows through the summer.
The Country Classics show probably is just a slightly shortened version of the Fri or Sat night Opry. Oh my goodness — I hope I’m not making this sound bad — dh says they have good entertainers — it will be the same entertainers you’d see on Fri or Sat, just not as many of them. Just wanted to make sure you knew they’re at the newer Opry house already on the weekends. You’ve probably already checked this all out!
Tomorrow is another day.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:52 am

lucylee, our tickets are for the Thursday night show of the Opry Country Classics at the Ryman.

Guess I better head to bed.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:56 am

Oh — I just looked up your lineup! :) opry.com
The Oak Ridge Boys are there! You’ll see a good show!

Lots of good food near the Ryman. We love Demo’s, a steak and spaghetti restaurant.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:04 am

I also love the candy store on Broadway... ;) Savannah Candy Kitchen, I think they call it.

Dh says if you can fit it in, go to the Station Inn. It’s a really old, traditional club in an area surrounded by skyscrapers. The new development is called The Gulch, I think. It isn’t far from Broadway — you can google it and see who’s playing. All the big bluegrass people played there — Bill Monroe, Flatt and Scruggs, everyone. Sometimes you’ll see someone really famous there now... sometimes not, but it’s neat to see. Ds has played there before and got to guest with Curly Seckler, a member of Flatt and Scruggs. :)
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:24 am

d lilac thank you so much for starting us! good morning to you!
well done on your work!
So happy you are going to Nashville.
So frustrating that someone would use a bb gun to hit your windshield.
You are doing great work d lilac - BWTG
hope your sugars regulate.

hi d lucy!

I can't believe it is almost April!

Wishing you all a good day. :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:25 am

today is my physical therapy appointment.
how exciting is that. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuAYQwa2630 kat
Wednesday

Diane in Denmark today is on Easter in Denmark

today: is anti-procrastination day for me
and planning menu day

always hopeful:
ANTI - procrastination
1. look at the concerts for family (we do the lawn at R a vin ia) we place an order with 2 family members who have memberships
look at calendar and see everyones choices and decide
2. balance check book and charge card again :shock:
3. baking day for fun and anti procrastination day
4. planning for easter meal my part for grocery store
5. passport form
6. take off the paper label stuck to window on 2 doors

zone: bedroom 15 minutes (i know :shock: ;) ! but it works for me because of my ADHD)

round robin: 10 minutes in basement

project: 15 on wallpaper - it's really coming along

fitness: 20 minutes putting that first.. dd older asked me to take care of myself before i do other things. She asked me to put myself first before anyone else. I agree. done :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:15 am

I'm envious due to the Nashville talk. I loved it there but we didn't do enough of the music. I was at a preaching conference so aside from the Opry (at Opryland) I just did the performances attached to the conference. We toured the Ryman and dh went back to see a show there while I was at the conference.

I certainly loved the town but didn't see enough of it. I'm also interested in getting to Branson sometime. But not within the next 3 - 8 years. Dh is supposed to be in Maryland at the end of July and I suggested driving and stopping at NYC for a show but then I remembered I'm boycotting the US. Sigh...

I'm up, s2s but just finishing up tea and chocolate. Handled one email from last night and the washer is buzzing to remind me to deal with that. I need to drive out to the village today and I'm soooo tired.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:20 am

Only thing I know about the Opry is from the days when HRH's grandfather was a member of the house band. Oh, and that it was a main reason my great-grandmother was one of the first people in our area blessed to have her son " throw up a creosote pole in the front yard" (prepare for electricity). She could then sit and listen to the Opry on radio in her very old age.

HRH is still talking about a trip out to home improvement store today. I'm supposed to pick storm doors. I want to buy wood for a couple raised bed frames, but this is such an iffy thing - in what time are we going to accomplish gardening. that's the question.

I need to
get a bday card
check household bills
do a lot of work on extended family stuff
fold laundry

I want to
read

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:07 am

I got up at 5 w h have done planning. Warch=d hiw ro carve a wooden spoon thwt is all. Waving to every single one of you! Heading out to feed hens. Sore mysckes from my bush crafting adventures so need a day off from that.

Return to “Post When You Can”