Last Wednesday of March

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Last Wednesday of March

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:17 pm

And I did that round of three and trying again.

This time:
-s2s
-fold a lol (sheets)
-write a thank you note
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:19 pm

I've tried to load my printer on this laptop. Hoping I have it now. Took a little nap.

Dh has called me at least three times today. He's gone shopping 2 days in a row and has managed to spend over $200 for groceries. REALLY? ;) He now knows who will be working with him and his hours will be lowered. He knows the other guy as he's been there to do electrical work with dh. This guy will be the 'boss' and dh is okay with that.

Campground manager called today to tell dd they had a site available but it's way on the other side of the park -which she and dsonil really don't want.

Have to go help dd with our dinner. We're not really cooking all that much for just us. In fact we don't have anything planned for Easter dinner. Found out yesterday that dbil/dsisil are going to friends of theirs for dinner. Was glad to hear that as we hadn't planned to have dinner.

Thanks for all the 'welcome backs'. At least I know I can come on here for this site. Yay!!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:26 pm

dearest twins sending you a big hug. ((())) loss is so overwhelming and having other worries with your d mom does make one which they could get off the world just a bit (shutting down))) I am glad you doing your genealogy while everything has been difficult. just do what you feel - the next right thing for you. I am so sorry that your d friend's loss of her d mom. It sounds like a good plan - doing three at a time - so it is not overwhelming. Be kind to yourself (())

dd said she is getting ready for dinner (she took a quick nap on the beach - more like closing her eyes). i think taking a shower will make her feel better.
mom hasn't spoken to her yet. I hope they will work it out - d mom loves dd younger - dd knows that. Hopefully d mom will be less stressed tonight and just enjoys the company she is in right now.

I did 15 minutes of a home blessing in the front room/living room - vacuumed, swiffer fluffy duster, feather duster for lamps, rinse floor with swiffer, cleaned glass coffee table. :D

did 3 x 15 wallpaper removal in front room/living room. :o

what's left on this heavy cleaning day/anti-procrastination day
dinner
vacuum kitchen floor and swiffer rinse :D
taking the paper off the 2 doors - anti procrastination thing. :D
flip flop laundry :D
tomorrow is errand day. dh will pick up my cleaning on Friday (I hope)
noticed the hall and dining room and family room needed a quick surface vacuuming - did it - not great - but enough. :D
I am not going to be able to bake today because it ended up being a heavy cleaning day. :arrow:
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:28 pm

d twins Yay on your work!!! hi d dee - glad you had a nap. I am sure that made you feel good.
I hope a site becomes free closer.
Glad you are back!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:43 pm

I received the best self journal for dd younger. i love the the way it is set up! Thank you to d twins (I believe) for talking about this book - I know dd younger will find it helpful

okay time to move on and then have an evening (knock on wood) to myself 8-)

took care of the stickers that were on the doors - I can''t tell you how many years those have been there :shock: but it is done ;)
my whites were finally enough to wash - washing now
drying my kitchen towels

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:21 pm

Twins... just be kind to yourself. No one says you have to push it but yourself. Taking care of your mom is mentally exhausting. Do some things nice for yourself even if it means taking yourself out for a nice lunch. The stress you’re feeling take time to work through.

Lucylee no one says you can’t cook a dinner for yourself as you cook for your dh. I do it all the time because Sweetie wants the same basics all the time. Make spaghetti for yourself, it’s easy and eat your meal along with your dh. I eat different from Sweetie 5 out of 7 times in a week. Usually a different meat, sometimes we share the same vegetables or salad.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:22 pm

I received the best self journal for dd younger.

So glad you like it bw2! The planning pages, and taking things in 13 week chunks are great!

I finished s2s but now feel more than a little queasy. I thought it was blood sugar so I ate an apple and hummus and I'm not sure that helped. Now I'm not sure whether to go see dmom or not.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:38 pm

I have not wanred to go to the store just got 2 things yesterday. Tosay did 15 min. I the front yard thinking I should dig out 2 Canadian thistles and transplant a daff. Tried last year but it was too close to the fence this year I was more careful and got it out and moved agere I can see it tossed one more piece of wood out glad I did got to see my tulips in bloom that was a surprise! These were my anti p. Tasks.

Baked brownies and ch. Cherry cobbler for h. Lunches. Some days h has clam chowder, I am not a fan of that so I have something else for dinner.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:43 pm

Rose, I hate to eat something he likes so well though, knowing he’s not supposed to have it! :(

I didn’t do 15 min n the zone OR weeklies, either. I have just Ben a slug today. A clean, s2s slug, but a slug nonetheless.

(((Twins))) You are definitely in a stage of life where YOU should be a priority. With all you’ve been through and all you are still facing, any minute you can be kind to yourself, you should. No guilt.
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:25 pm

tai chi, groceries and washing done yesterday
today - I need a bath and get ready for appointment.
Outside showers are running past outside every so often today.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”