Last Wednesday of March

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Last Wednesday of March

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:12 pm

Whoa! Good news. Not sure if all the museums are doing it but at least a few have announced they are offering free admission for school-age children during the teacher strike. Looks like a good opportunity to add some field trips.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:28 pm

I was thinking the same thing about missing Dee and yeah, she is here again on her to new to her computer.

Dh's computer is 15 months old and despite being a D ell, it has been a piece of junk from the get go. I keep telling him to get a new one but he keeps on using this one and griping about it every time it acts up. It truly has a mind of it's own. It is like it is possessed. It will quit out of the blue and then later it comes back on, etc.

The windshield on the motorhome is in 2 sections. Just to replace the one section with the bb damage is $1700.00. So glad we have $100.00 deductible for that. It has to be specially ordered and then inspected before sending it to our local glass company.

Better get my errands ran.

I have a hair appt tomorrow and had planned to color my hair today. I ended up moving it to tomorrow.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:42 pm

My hernia is really bothering me so I am taking it easy to day. Have a recommendation for some gastro guys and plan on making an appointment with them.

LadyM... here’s something that will help ds9 with math is I can draw it here.

Take a piece of notebook paper and turn it so the three holes are on the top of the paper. The printed lines should now be vertical.

The problem could be 234 x 55
Think of each line as a wall, and the space between them as a room.

Talks the number 234 and put each one in a room. Then do the same for 55 below them

I2I3I4I
I5I5I
—————

Draw a line under neath and then work the problem keeping the numbers in the appropriate rooms.

This should help ds9 keep his numbers lined in the right places.

Hope you can understand what I am saying with this drawing. When I hit submit the 55 jumps to the left. One 5 should be directly under the 3 and the other 5 should be directly under the 4
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:06 pm

worked on bedrooms - vacuum, put away some, dust-ish, garbage toss,
15 minutes each room (I am cranky ;) ) I still have to put things away that I tossed down the stairs that didn't belong in the bedrooms.
swiped surfacely the upstairs bathrooms - don't tell anyone but I didn't swish :D 8-)
dh went to get his port flushed

I know I should do a put away first of that stuff --- tapping my foot - being a little stinker inside

dd younger called crying - d mom is not d mom. she tried to tell mom but she said she is being nice. :roll: I will call again - mom tried calling but I gave dd 5 minutes before I call so that she can go for a walk
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:13 pm

RR - I think I get what you are describing. Here is how we are currently doing it. Thanks for your input and sharing of wisdom!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:24 pm

hi d lady wonderful on field trips. We have once a week free days here during certain months - sounds like fun. have a good school day!

hi d cathy - so frustrating! my d mom in law had a catch for the bottom of her own birds cage - what if you had something like that under the bird feeder? and then put away the bird feeder and toss the extra hulled seed - We put dh's bird seed in a heavy plastic container. Are you getting the small ants - we get those every spring. yuck.

enjoy your time out together tonight.

hi d harmony hello hello wonderful on rearranging your kitchen.

hello hello d dee - so good to see you!

waving to everyone!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:28 pm

Okay... DAY THREE... I s2s before I left the bathroom, but that's about as far as my accomplishments go today. I just woke up tired and I'm still tired.
In the words of blessed... I too have sat and sat and sat, to infinity. ;)

I will do the 15 min in the baby room today. Sometime.
Also need to do dh's shower. It only takes about 5 minutes.
Trying to remind myself, the MINUTE I start thinking "I donwanna" -- THAT is the time I should just jump in there and do it, and not waste time thinking about it.

(((Rose))) -- hope you feel better soon.

I like Rose's idea for keeping the math lines straight, LadyM! I was thinking graph paper, but it might be hard to find it with spaces large enough for a 9 yr old.

Good to see you, Dee! Hope things work out for your dsil so he can work and spend some time away for a while. I'm thinking some time removed from the stress of home and spending time with your dh might be good for him -- but I know if he's worried about his dmom, it will just make it harder for him. (((HUGS))) and prayers for all.

Lilac, that IS expensive, isn't it? Good to have the deductible. I think we have a $1000 deductible. * sheesh * That's pretty much ridiculous, isn't it? DS has that, too, and he is STILL out $1000 for the wreck last fall (?) that wasn't even his fault! TWO cars slammed in behind him and damaged his car. His insurance company said he should get his deductible back, since he was not at fault.

LadyM, that's great about the museums offering free admission during the teacher strike! Hope you and ds9 get to enjoy something fun!
DDIL posted pics of them at WonderWorks (?) in Panama City Beach. She said she thinks there is one in Gatlinburg, so there may be others. Apparently it is a children's museum. Looked like they were having fun. She had a video of dgs on a huge piano -- one of those where you play with your feet. But it wasn't just the keyboard, it had the top part where the sheet music goes and everything.
She has not sent pictures of the beach yet, but it must be pretty calm down there. She said the traffic wasn't bad, and you have to be 25 to check in to their hotel, so that probably eliminated some of the college crowd. I think the city also banned alcohol on the beaches, so that helps, too.
* Thank you all for praying with me about this little adventure! :)

Oh.... Cathy.... oh.... pasta and pizza sounds sooo sooo good. I tell y'all... I am just about to lose my mind with these four meals dh will eat. We do go out usually on Saturday nights (but that's mainly just hamburgers b/c dgs is with us) and sometimes we eat something quick on Sunday nights before we do the Wmart trip... but otherwise, it is these FOUR boring meals Every. Single. Week. And he's afraid to branch out...
I am sooo craving spaghetti or bar-b-que or SOMETHING.
I do eat pizza on Sundays, b/c he treats himself to Campbell's chunky gumbo soup, and I don't care for it.

Harmony, I've got a feeling Mr. Harmony will keep you occupied somehow, if and when he ever decides to retire. He'll be wanting you to go here and there with him or he'll have some sort of project going at your house that he needs help with. I can tell from all you've said, he's enough like my ddad that no one is going to get to sit around much wherever he is, LOL! BUT -- MAYBE -- he will have more fun, less stressful projects.

And ditto remarks about dgs, LadyM -- you have been amazing with all you have done for all of your dgrands! You have no reason to EVER look back with any regrets at all!

Blessed -- who are the others with your dd & dmom at this time? You mentioned a lady and two children, I think? Are they staying at your dmom's with dd?
fear sends them into protection mode and can't see/listen/understand - it's about her and I get that. It is hard for her beyond her comfort zone even if people are trying to be kind.

I know my dmom is going through some of this, even though it is hard for me to believe. She has always been such a tower of strength for me, but she is so nervous about the foot surgery and the following recovery. She doesn't want to leave her comfort zone (her home) to rehab at assisted living... she said to me, "And you, of all people, should understand that," Well, I DO... but I also understand that if she stays at home, I am going to be running back and forth out there constantly, not to mention worrying myself crazy when the hired help calls to say they have an emergency. PLUS I have the first two weekends of April scheduled to be out of town, and I can't disappoint dh with that -- I mean, certainly not for an elective surgery that should have been done sometime in the last four months! * sheesh *

So neat that Harriet had a relative in the Opry house band!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:43 pm

Trying to remind myself, the MINUTE I start thinking "I donwanna" -- THAT is the time I should just jump in there and do it, and not waste time thinking about it.
I have to remember that d lucy!

I think this happens (re: your d mom) more times than not. I read this today to dd younger to give her perspective:

Frightened, angry people often really don't realize how their feelings are being displaced onto those they love. They are too focused on how they feel to attend to how there actions are impacting their loved ones.They go into survival mode not exact quote but almost. - elder care site.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:54 pm

Wondering how things are going with Twins...
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:35 pm

Lucylee, I was just looking in and about to post. I just feel "shut down." All I want to do is sit around with my head in the sand. OTOH, I've done some genealogy and last night binge watched "The Crown" until past midnight.

Mother has actually been a bit better - not so sleepy and out of it the last several days. I don't stay long to visit, but try to drop in about every day. DH was away overnight last night - in Nashville, actually - and home tonight.

I'm trying to decide what to do with the rest of my day. I should go to tai chi tonight but it's the last night and I've missed so much anyway. Or I could go to the "Shiva" for the mother of a friend who passed away recently. I could also go tomorrow night. Or I could get busy and actually do something here at home, or finish a.m. routine or any number of other things.

So I will at least try to get to a.m. routine, and will go see dmom soon also....

-clear kitchen counters (I did empty dishwasher earlier)
-clear breakfast bar counter
-make the bed

I'm trying for three this time....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”