Together we are stronger Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Together we are stronger Thursday

Postby Harmony » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:42 pm

Welcome back, Elizabeth!

Been puttering around doing things. S2Slippers/rollers. Did a pedicure which always takes a while. Happy with a new polish color.

1 bed stripped, sheets washed and hung up, another set folded and put away. 2nd LOL washed and hung. Did some floor sweeping and mopping. 2 rooms a hallway and behind a table that usually gets neglected. Some in the kitchen. Looks better around here now. Mini house blessing that all was I guess.

It does help to S2S first thing in the morning.

LadyM, do you remember when Helia had yellowing like that and thought it might be too many carrots? I sorta remember she was anemic, was that what she found out? I guess you could do a search here.

Have a couple things to do for DH next.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:51 pm

uGH. I feel so bad for our teachers. No matter what they do next week, they are conflicted. One of our local school just voted to return to school on Tuesday regardless of what the legislators do. There is a lot of back-n-forth going on. I wish there was a way to wrap the teachers in bubble wrap to protect them from the attacks from both sides. IMHO it is ridiculous to put this highly prized (but lowly paid) professionals through this. If I was queen for the day, I would make the teachers pay & benefits equal to the legislators. But that still wouldn't solve the problem of the schools not being funded or the bare essentials so they can buy books and pay the utility bills. RiDICULOUS!!

I called for an appointment with family doctor and told it would be mid-May. aRGH! He has started volunteering 2 days a week in a clinic so getting an appointment the 3 days he is in the office is a long term proect. I applaud his giving heart to help others and I acknowledge he is the same age we are so will want to reduce his hours....but...but....but. I trust him and would most definitely pick him as my first go-to choice, but it isn't an option this time. My skin is definitely yellow so I need to start the process of finding out what is happening in my body. I feel fine but know I have had 2 liver diseases so ignoring this is not an option. Need to make some phone calls.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:07 pm

LadyMaverick wrote: I wish there was a way to wrap the teachers in bubble wrap to protect them from the attacks from both sides.

Amen.

Absolutely no further progress here. I have filled in my food tracker but I only have 900 steps so there's another need-to-do.

Watching the time as well. The day is slipping away. I deserve a day off after 3 busy ones in a row and three more busy ones starting tomorrow, but that's not the point. The point is that I'm supposed to be productive on paperwork today while I'm at home.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:15 pm

I hope you are able to get in to see someone soon, LadyM.

I colored my hair this morning. Went to my hair appt and another great haircut from dgd21. We are finally on the same page.

Today the schools were only in session half a day and this afternoon is inservice. So I met dd2, babyK and his momma at a M exican restaurant. Uusally the food is good there but today was yuck. The taco shell was burned and the bottom soggy. The enchilada was so-so but the refried beans were good. No big deal, everybody and everything has good days and bad.

Guess I better get dh some tuna salad made. He has gone to HD to get what he needs to install the porch railing. They sent something with it but he wants to use something else that would make it more secure.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:53 pm

Conflicted because I had no idea anyone expected me at the Maundy Thursday service at church, and dd is firmly in class until late anyway. Also, I was under the impression it was a quiet service, and everyone would just sit together. Now received an email to those involved with music asking us to come for usual music in service, with 4 songs the congregation will be singing, one with completely unfamiliar words, the email admits. No rehearsing mentioned. What? The 3 usual people who play instruments have responded and say they will. Zero tally so far for those who have ever led singing. (the alto's email is suddenly not included in this list, I notice, so she won't even know. This seems abrupt to me, but maybe she asked to be taken off.)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:34 pm

I carved a spoon took all morning cannot believe that happened. I leaned something but was a huge time gobbler. S2s washed hair it is dry now. Walked the dog in the field she is tired. Hens are on free range time. I am taking a break now.

Having tuna or rather salmon salad for dinner here as well in a wrap maybe.

Did a rock drop this afternoon.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:48 pm

Wow, Harriet, short notice for the service, I'm not sure I'd make an effort to get there.

I've been thinking for three days that dfriends are having shiva here (last night and tonight) and I just realized they are still in FL, where dfriend's mother lived. :shock: So I don't have to do that.

I got my dcousin to see dmom for lunch today. I'm not sure that dmom knew who she was. Dcousin told her, but I don't think mother heard or understood and cousin didn't want to press the subject. Mother ate all her lunch, but just kept her head down. Wasn't really "with" us. Dcousin said it was still good for her to see dmom.

I am so sleepy since getting home. I allowed myself a nap of one hour. I had trouble getting to sleep last night, then woke up around 5 and was awake awhile, getting back to sleep and finally getting up before eight.

Going to try for a group of three tasks again today.....I just don't feel like doing anything.

-make the bed
-check on veggies for supper
-clear kitchen counters
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:22 pm

I was able to see PA at our local Dr office. It was my first time going to this doctor office. He just recently moved here and built a beautiful new office. I was totally impressed with the facility as well as the staff. They did blood work and everything came back okay except for elevated creatinine level but it was only out of range by .2 The test results ruled out anemia, thyroid, and liver problems. They are mildly concerned about how the kidneys are filtering but since it was just off slightly and the urine sample came back perfectly they want to wait and repeat the test in a month. If it is still off next month they will do a CT scan and/or ultrasound and check it further. At this point, the PA suspects my skin color is from eating excess beta-carotene. I did eat pumpkin, sweet potato and carrots this last week. I only eat 4 oz portions but I will cut back on how often I eat them and see how it goes. I am giddy with relief from having good liver test results.

Yikes! Another local school just voted to not participate in teacher strike. They will have school next week. There are some high emotions happening on both sides.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:28 pm

Good news, LadyM!

Waving to everyone... haven’t quite hit my stride today, but I am s2s and have been to the bank.
Tomorrow is another day.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:45 pm

Harriet...I don’t think I would show up on such short notice either. They, the church isn’t being very considerate towards any of you. To me it speaks volumes of how they are treating you.

Still having stomach issues so I’ve been on the couch most of the day.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”