Conga to Celebrate Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Conga to Celebrate Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:41 pm

I love a sunrise service too. I've done more than my share of them. I stopped once we moved here because it just became too early for me to get out to the village. But I loved doing them on the banks of the river with the fresh air and geese flying by. Except I don't like them when they fall on time-change weekend!

We've always had Good Friday services. Of course, we're all off that day so I guess Canadian churches make use of that. In our villages, the three denominations combine and we process from church to church. The other churches helping me with the refugees were doing the same thing in their community with other denominations. Maundy Thursday service was added about 20 years ago. From a theological point of view it is important not to rush from Palm Sunday to Easter without taking a good amount of time to appreciate the Passion throughout Holy Week. The level of hatred, the fear of having power challenged, the subversive person whipping up the crowd, how fickle the people were. Sounds terribly familiar. The story would play out exactly the same way were it to happen again today.

Dh and I have worked on the anthem (which falls at the beginning of the service - since the service really full I suggested we switch our anthem to the time for the musical meditation.) We are doing the Easter version of Hallelujah with just 3 of the verses. It is sound fantastic, way better than I expected since we only have dh strumming on the guitar. Plus we've never sung it as a duet before.

We had dinner and then we went out for a walk so I could get in my steps.

Now for me to clean up the kitchen. I think he's already gone to bed. I had a headache in the afternoon and dinner didn't fix it so I took some pills before the walk and am fine now.

Dd posted a cute video of dgs playing peek-a-boo with his Nonna by shutting the laptop lid while on video call.

She also posted stills from the video we shot at the butterflies. She captured dgs picking up a butterfly so cut it into a mini-drama illustrated in 4 acts.

Act 1: dgs looking at the pretty green butterfly that Nana missed when she freed up his hands to let him stand by the raised garden.
Act 2: Ds picking up the butterfly!
Act 3: Wide eyed startled look (I had called out "oh no!"),
Act 4: Big pout as he is deciding if he should cry and the butterfly sitting on the ledge looking OK. We can only hope it survived the scare. He actually didn't cry which was amazing because I certainly startled him with my reaction.

There were lots of shots of him with butterflies on him so that was good. There were a few shots that captured the idea of how many were flying by at any time.

His rash is getting worse. I haven't talked with her today but will be sure to text her tomorrow at least.

Our senior friend called and chatted a while. Lunch is off but we'll go over for a visit. Her family have decided to all visit her through the day so we aren't needed to spend as much time with her. That's good. I'll be exhausted after leading the music in two services.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:53 pm

The other thing I did this evening is work on changing my password for MyFitnessPal (they were hacked, all accounts had their passwords stolen.)

I'm still not sure how to relink MFP with MapMyWalk. My walk this evening didn't sync with it so I'll have to try again tomorrow since I've fiddled some more (deleted the app and reinstalled.) The passwords for the two accounts are different and both are random and weird since they are generated by LastPass. And MFP isn't linked to my primary email. Thankfully I was checking my secondary accounts and spotted the notification of the breach.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:01 pm

social anxiety here also.

I’ve said here I hardly want to leave the house these days. Made it to the Seder although dh poo-pooed taking separate cars and vowed we could leave whenever I wanted. Then I gave him a heads up as soon as it was over. He dilly-dallied, and when I went back to him he had the nerve to say “just waiting on you dear” and that was all it took for me to go ballistic.

And had a mix up on seats when we arrived thanks to committee chair not communicating where songleader should sit. And I was I tears and angry and had to get away and go off for awhile while they worked it out.

I feel like i’m Such a downer these days.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:56 pm

A lot going on in J and C.

Twins' Mom, you have been on my mind lately. Of course you find yourself just. on. that. edge. When I read that somehow you'd deleted something and it was a mistake, I knew it would bother you more now than it would at other times. The seating thing - same. (wonderful that your daughter is a part of things there and happy to be so.) As long as you haven't actually punched anybody, or screamed loud enough to draw a crowd, that's a win.

How cool is it, that we can hear from villagers about their participation in their houses of worship. That is just "sight for sore eyes" stuff, really. I would have said something about Kathryn's trek but I was speechless. I hope she's downright achy Sunday morning so she'll get to remember all the more.

Finished up all the mailing for extended family stuff. Still waiting on a callback for the one last thing. HRH is irritated, because he was the one who was going to remember the particulars of sending that PDF (so he considers this brain-draining), plus not having it completed means paper piles rather than filing and being finished with one thing.

Added to above to-mail stack a memorial for dear cousin who passed. HRH shook his head over my painstaking care of that card and envelope, with my best return address label, best handwriting. He said, "you'd think you were sending that to Margie herself" and I said, " I am."

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:40 pm

I have not participated/attended, but our church had Holy Week services at noon every day this week, with visiting preachers and special music from different churches in the area. In past years, we have included various denominations, but this year all the speakers were Methodist. After a 30-min service, they provide a small lunch.
Last night was a Maundy Thurs service and tonight, Good Friday service. So it’s bedn a busy week for our church, but like I said, I have not gone to any of the services. I should go. Just laziness, I guess.

School was out for spring break all week, but that was just a coincidence. Usually they do get Good Friday out, though.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:18 am

Watching CNN show on the pope.
Have a tenative time for brunch, w dson no word from dd that is normal.

Got an idea for the header for ky journal for April drew it out. H. Is thinking on yd. Wk Sat, not sure it I will help or not my shoulder is still sore.

Return to “Post When You Can”