Conga to Celebrate Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Conga to Celebrate Friday

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:00 pm

I wish he had some close IRL friends. IMHO, everyone needs a buddy (or more) to hang around with. He keeps his walls up and won't respond to those making effort.
LadyM, this is my ds too. His self confidence is building as he matures and that is helping. He is going to an out of town wedding soon that will involve almost a 4 hour drive, in college he wouldn't drive to/from Atlanta and now he's going to seminars there.

I need to get busy. Just talked to dfriend realtor who sold dsis' house about an appraiser/estate sale/selling dmom's house so I feel a tiny bit energized. He suggested that we do a "Do it yourself" estate sale. :shock:

What do I need to do today?
-grocery (yuck)
-vet's office to pick up new collar for ddog?
-temple tonight for seder
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:57 pm

I vacuumed the living room swept traffic areas, and cooked up noodles for h chili mac for his dinner mine just chili, will also make up mac. Salad for his lunches. waiting 4 my knitting show. Made digging stick, I have a eye screw so I do not have to drill hole lol!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:02 pm

my paperwork took an hour :shock: I had to finish the process once I started it because it was getting cluttered after two days and this paperwork needed my attention.
gave dh a check for the state income tax
our forms are filled out and ready to go.
I picked up a bunch of paint samples so I attached them to white paper, put in (temporarily until I can figure out what colour is needed) in page protectors and put in my decorating binder. (otherwise they would be all over the place and I would have to go and get more samples)

I swiped and swished powder room

That little brat in me is yelling louder
:roll:

oh my gosh I have to ignore it.
shep/lab is whining again - spring makes her want to play over and over and over. ;)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:08 pm

His self confidence is building as he matures and that is helping.
that is what happened with dd older as well.
The more confidence she gains the more she is open and her anxiety lessons. Every so often the anxiety pops up and she needs to talk it out.

Rah rah rah, Yay on your energy coming back d twins! have a great day d twins!

Rah rah rah d nancy as well!
look at all you have done as well.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:21 pm

15 minutes in front weeding and cleaning up a bit - got rid of old broken house that dh left out all winter in front (bought a new one - set a reminder card in October to put it away. (I also bought a link that easy on and easy off), after wards - cleaned japenese tool,then oiled it and put it away. put weeds in our city's compost bin that is picked up once a week now that spring is here - you are allowed to put weeds in (?), recycled some things. Started with the bleach for the above ground pool - I need to buy some on errand day and start work on it soon even if swimming is months away (our climate)

15 minutes approx in car - washed the foot thingy's but did not vacuum - (I know i know but I dejunked the car and swiped it a bit and I didn't want to do any more (per inner brat).

My inner brat is screaming so loud at me - she is very cranky but I know that since I will have off Saturday from round robin and zone work; I might as well encourage her along. 8-)

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:38 pm

Haven't cuop yet, but had to stop and tell Cathy, I have seen this done! :lol:
A neighbor suggested hooking something up to the exhaust of the bike, sticking it down a hole, and then turning on the bike and trying to get them out and shooting them as they come out of the holes. We'll see how that works.

Yep -- as if any of you doubted my Southern heritage, LOL!
When I was little, my great-grandmother lived in a little two-room house my grandfather had built for her just outside my grandparents' house. At some point -- it may have been after she passed away -- they started having a huge problem with rats and mice in that little house, so my uncles hooked up the car exhaust and blew the smoke under the house to run the rats out.
I'm sorry -- I don't really remember if it was as successful as they hoped or not. I don't even remember seeing the rats run out. I think I expected something like a scene in a movie, like "Ben" or something -- and it wasn't quite that dramatic.
But the house is still there and my stepgm used it for a sewing room, so something must have worked eventually. :D
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:45 pm

hi d lucy!

heading upstairs

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:02 pm

Celebrating!
I am celebrating being home alone for the SECOND time this week! What about THAT?
DH is golfing again. He got recruited into a charity golf tournament and had to leave at 6:00 a.m. this morning. Of course, he may be home any time now, and I slept away most of the time he was gone.
I have s2s and have been to the post office...
read the paper... worked the Sudoku...
called the bank and added our deposits into the checkbook -- celebrating pay day, too!
Talked to dfriend who bought our SUV -- dh needs to call him later. He just needs information.
Double checked dmom's rx's -- I need 4 refills for next week, but I wonder if I will be too soon if I ask for them today.
I may just wait until Monday. That is when dmom's current supply runs out.

I also need to vacuum the master bedroom and bathroom, and then I want to take my zone cards and really think about how much time each room takes. I'm going to divide those again.
(YES, I can hear y'all groaning...) I just don't like having all the bedrooms together. Our bedroom and the baby room take too long in themselves and it doesn't make any sense to try to do those -- plus the guest room -- at the same time. OTOH, the dining room takes virtually no time at all, so I think I could balance these out in a little more manageable way. There's no law that I HAVE TO do the exact same rooms as anyone else, and I have to remember that.

(((Hugs))) for ds9 and dgs, LadyM! I hope ds has a good time, however he decides to participate in the egg hunt... and for dgs, b/c I know what you mean about wishing he had a good friend his own age to pal around with. BUT -- it is sooo wonderful that he has YOU at this stage in his life. He can gain so much more wisdom and good influence from you than he could from a lot of kids his age. He will be a much more "grounded," mature young man because of the time he has spent with you.
I am so thankful for the influence of ds's older friends. He really didn't have a close friend his own age when he was a teenager, and even when he went to college and shared an apt with his life-long buddy, I don't think he minded when his friend moved out. Hanging around with a bunch of old men may have made ds more eager to get married -- remember, he wanted to marry the girl he dated in college -- but that didn't work out and as it was, he waited till he was almost 27 years old. So that worked out fine, too.

I don't know if ddil is taking dgrands to our community egg hunt or not. Last year they went, and she said it was just chaos -- sooo sooo many kids -- it just made her crazy and she didn't think dgrands enjoyed it all that much anyway. If they don't go, they will have an egg hunt at church Sunday, so that will be plenty for them, IMHO!

(((BookSaver))) I am so sorry about the car troubles! Nothing is more aggravating! (Well, computer troubles come close, but at least a computer doesn't leave you stranded on the road!) I hope you have no more problems, and if you do, I hope this time, the solution will be obvious to all!

Dmom on phone now. She sounds like she's doing pretty well, but I'll have to cuop more later...
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:06 pm

I went out. Visited dmom for about 5 min and she knew me and was sitting up at the Dining room table. Stopped at the vet and talked to them about dMuffin itching and they gave me a Nexguard to try (oral meds for fleas/ticks.) If that helps, we know the Seresto collar wasn't working. THey have some doubts on its efficacy on bigger dogs. Also dropped off a bowl left here at shiva for dbro, and mailed a thank you note, and got groceries.

I'm in trouble with temple admin/secretary for arbitrarily deleting a facebook posting for a job at the temple working Fri night and Sat a.m. I was tired of the message dings and got one in the middle of the night this week. Bad judgement on my part, and I thought she had hired someone.

Dfriend whose husband is helping today with temple seder reports that they have 160 reservations and she and hubby are bowing out of attendance. I discussed with dd, who wants me there. If it's too much, I'll get a headache and need to come home anyway. As a temple employee she has snagged "reserved seating" for us. Realistically, we only have seating for about 100 but were planning on 120. this feels like a nightmare, but the temple feels they can't refuse people who want to come. I'm going to plan to drive myself so I can get out if I need to.

I need to put away perishables and then s2s and get ready to go to temple.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:33 pm

Great advice shared back and forth on our first page today. (which is as far as I have read! )

won't do a quotation here, but worth reading again is blessed's last paragraph of our open this morning.

I'm just tired of the fried food and lack of vegetables at our local restaurants.
- BookSaver

This is so true. We were, at first, pleased with the choice of restaurant for HRH's family get-together because they brag about a long list of "sides". Um... ..no. Before reaching their kitchen, those choices may have been actual food, but they fried it out of 'em. :( Basically, they served oiled this and oiled that. And there was a side called coleslaw, but instead it was mayonnaise with floating bits of cabbage. Broccoli was awash in a thin yellow grease which was also the substance into which dd's surprisingly fried sandwich had been dunked.

Priority today was work on my part of the extended family bequest-type stuff, which has kept me busy. There is still one pdf I'm supposed to get out and waiting on callback about that. Do ya'll have days in your lives you wish you could go back to and say, "why, NO, it turns out I WONT have time to do that work".

Guess I should just get a bday card in the mail but the boys may be coming here the weekend after Easter, and if that happens I'd rather hold off and do everything in person ... ... hmmm.... ..

Next-ups
darks laundry
master bathroom spif

Return to “Post When You Can”