Solemn Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Solemn Saturday

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:27 pm

I became sucked into computer land and no focus. but I have made banana and chocolate chip muffins, apple cheddar muffins and now for streusel coffee cake muffins

hello all
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:52 pm

At the pub. It has been a day. I don't even recall what my to do list was but it ain't complete.

Dh did not one but two runs so the excess clothing is out of the apartment.

I think we may have ruined the sofa. M wanted it cleaned so we took the cushions out of the cases and I washed them. Only when I was vacuuming the extra feathers up did I see the label that said to never do that. On was worn through so that part is ruined for sure. Sigh...

I have more washing to do and to pack away everything. M wants everything.

We need to get a blender and kettle. And look for a mixer.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:01 pm

I'm not ready for tomorrow but I'm stopping for the day. I'll start again in the morning and hopefully, finish before going to church. I think I can do the remaining items in about 2 hours. I am not concerned. This is my family tree branch and they love me even with all my mess ups. I did my best effort and that's good enough for me.

The house is back to its normal smell. I still have the oven mess to clean up but that isn't happening today or tomorrow. It needs to cool off so I'm not messing with it today. And tomorrow is Easter so it gets no attention then either. Sorry oven.....you're not on my priority list.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:50 pm

cooking bacon in oven - it's great! thank you d kathryn for the suggestion

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:57 pm

hi d kathryn - enjoy yourself

h d harmony

hi d rose

hi d lucy

hi d nancy

hi d lady

hello d everyone

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:20 pm

Not much cooking going on here just the microwave for whatever we can scrounge out of the freezer.

Filled 3 garbage cans with yard waste from pruning suckers from the bush we took out last spring. It looks better but only 3/4ths of the way done with it so that will be ongoing next week untill it is done then gutters, sigh and hauling stuff off to eco. Sigh. Glad to get this much done before it is too hot. So that is good news. One of the hens did not go in with rhe others had a good hiding place, the dog was in the back too and did not hurt it more good news yea!

Bacon is on the list for tomorrow to eat after lent I have cooked it in the oven before yum!
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:25 pm

Here's the new words to Three Blind Mice I wrote today:

Three poor mice
Three poor mice
See how they fall
See how they fall
They fell from boot that Roha tried
We screamed and screamed while they tried to hide
With my foot into the wall I guide
Three poor mice
now
Three cold mice.

Dh finally responded to my screams for him, he found something to scoop them into, and now they are in a well sealed bag, freezing to death in my freezer before going down the garbage chute.

I apologized and said "Welcome to Canada" to the refugees. What more could I do?

After dropping off my friends at their homes, I picked up mousetraps from dd's since the dollar store was out. I'm pretty sure I've got them all but in order to be able to sleep tonight, I'll be setting the traps.

All the excess donated clothing is now out of my house. The boots had been in a bag with other clothes so I didn't want the clothing that wasn't being taken by the refugees to be in my house a second longer. The clothing they selected is sealed in a garbage bag until I wash it. Thankfully they had worked through all the clothes and were working on the shoes and boots when this happened.

Poor Roha (she's the 12 year old), she was having trouble getting her foot into the boot so switched to the other one while I looked at the size on the one with the mice. I turned it on it upside down first to look for a size on the bottom and then on its side to look at the label inside. That when the mice came running out of the boot, falling to the floor.

R. heard our screams but couldn't see what was happening. Still she jumped up onto the bed. She's just 5' tall and the bed is on risers and had 1.5' of clothing piled on top and she still got up there. M (Roha's mom) was on bench in the room with her feet up and when Roha recovered from the shock, she jumped onto the bed too. I just kept soccer dribbling the mice into the wall. That would stun them for a moment and I kept them corralled until dh found something sturdy to put them in.

We were all shaking after so sat for a bit to settle down after I had sealed them in plastic bag and put them in the freezer to kill them.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:40 pm

goodness Kathryn
The ecosystem gets around ... At least the refugees had a good example of taking care of that business.
You are most resourceful.

woke to find bright moonlight @4.30am.
7.15 bus.
Home from church. 7 and 9 am congregations combined for a 8 am service today. Church was full to the upper choir stall. Where you normally sit, there was another stack of folk wanting to be there as well.
Lots of people to talk too afterwards.
Walked home.
Rang DM and also had good conversation with dsis.
I think I'll have an early lunch and try for an afternoon nap.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:05 pm

Ok, I just booked a rental car for Friday to Monday. We have so much to do that it makes sense to have two cars. I don't need the car on Sunday (I'm working) so will check with dd and see if she wants to be a driver on the car so she can use it that day.

Off to bed. I haven't done the prep for tomorrow or showered. My clothes are laid out though, so that is a start.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:25 pm

Church was a surprise. It was as full of people as regular services on Sunday morning. Service was very nice, though music as usual was too loud. Ran into a woman who is in our small group. She'd left for another church but came back as sometimes one gets attached to a particular denomination it's hard to be something else. That is the way I feel.

Ate half my dinner before going and half after I got back home. DH meanwhile had cleaned out his truck and burned a whole bunch of odd lumber. Neighbor has not complained about our last 2 fires. She's still hiding from us, it appears.

I wish everybody a wonderful holiday. Ours will be quiet, but that is fine by me. After all the work, I'll be glad to just take it easy. My back and legs are sore, and DH admitted he overworked himself. When he went to pick up his truck the last time (keeping it at homeowner's where he is remodeling their 2 bathrooms) the homeowner wanted him to demo the 2nd bathroom. And he helped. But it was a bit too much work after all the other work we did. I told him NO was a 1-word sentence. Yeah like he'd do that. :roll:

My pillow is calling me.

Return to “Post When You Can”