Solemn Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Solemn Saturday

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:30 pm

A little worried. dd19 is babysitting ds' children and having some kind of trouble. I only called because it seems late. She says there's no time to talk to me and is handling it herself, with calls to her brother. Doesn't sound good, though, at 3 hours past their bedtimes. She says she will just have to call me back and I hear a forced calm in her whispers. No children sounds. i know that someone would ask us to go over there if we could help. Hmmm... ... Isn't it hard to let go... ..

Okay, just a middle of the night laundry crisis for toddlerC, with tragic tears over the wet mattress, an awakened brother, and dd breaking the bad news that Daddy says bath. (smile) Nothing an old hand at baby-sitting couldn't handle. :roll: Except next time she could tell her mother a few more calming words.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:54 pm

Kathryn, new cushion covers could be made by an upholsterer just by measuring the cushions. Might not be cheap, but could look like "I meant to do that" and could possibly be less money or trouble than buying and moving a new couch. I had it done once and though I wished everything could match exactly, the two contrasting fabrics were attractive enough to keep us content.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:41 pm

Kathryn
The directions on one set of lounge cushion covers was to replace the covers onto the cushion while the washed cover was still damp, to help the fabric dry tight onto the cushion.
On the other hand, I made some loose cushion covers by cutting up a plush microfiber quilt cover from a discount store. Tiger stripes was my choice, for an item to go outdoors or wherever.

My time zone is GMT + 10, otherwise known as 10 or 9 hours after your Eastern time zone, only its mostly tomorrow here.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:41 am

Can’t cuop yet but had to tell y’all —
I finally finished my WHB vacuuming — at 11:35 pm on Sat night.
Oh well... better late than never!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”