New Beginning Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: New Beginning Sunday

Postby Harriet » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:20 pm

Cathy, I believe the Cadbury Creme Egg is appropriate for all occasions!

blessed, yes it is a joy to see and hear her. I teared up a little today when she took the descant - high - on one song. I know this must have been requested - she wouldn't have decided it on her own. She sounded so nice and a few of the ladies with higher voices followed.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:24 pm

We're done church services, visiting with my senior friend and lunch. On our way to DD's next. Dgs should be up by the time we get there.

Music went really well. We nailed the anthem at the first church. We recorded ourselves at the second but I forgot one end of verse variation, so it wasn't perfect. Still it was a chance to hear myself sing. I've never agreed to record us before.

Lots of smiling people in the church when I was singing. At one point I was singing a hymn while passing through the pews handing out chocolate. Oh and we had the confetti canon at both churches although this year the adults were clued in because of heart issues. One member has already been revived from death in the past month. Let's not push our luck even if it is Easter!

Time to move on to the next part of the day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:23 pm

Church, egg hunt, and lunch happened without any problems. The last car just pulled out of our driveway. We had multiple members of the 4 generations here. Most everyone sat around our double tables (12' long) and visited over an hour after we finished eating. Then the adults moved into the living room and visited another hour. I am thrilled with how it all went so smoothly. Cleanup was a breeze.

I am going to enjoy this moment in time by sitting with my feet up and drinking a glass of tea.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:41 pm

I have done almost nothing today, but need to do some kitchen clean up and misc straighten up and planning for the week. Dh has gone to a movie with ds and he is making matzah brei for us for supper. It's kind of like french toast if you made it with broken up matzah - I'm honestly not a fan but dkids and dh are.

-clear kitchen counters
-clear breakfast bar counter
-sort laundry and start a load
-straighten great room
-clear kitchen table

and again....
-quick shower
-make the bed
-sweep kitchen floor
-start planning for week
-get rid of 10 pieces of paper
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:24 pm

Home after a visit with dgs. He was adorable as usual. Gave both of us lovely hugs. We didn't stay long because we are very, very tire.

I'm watching The Windsors while working on the living room. I managed to get all but two of the cushions into their slipcases and it looks OK. The two I haven't put on are the two edge seat cushions because both have worn bits. I'm just realized, there's a chance I can't 'repair' with fusing tape and just put the worn side down if the weak points aren't on matching sides. I don't think I have the brain power to thing that through, at least not at the moment.

Worst comes to worse, we make a simple slip cover out of an old sheet that will cover all three seat cushions. The dropcloth sheet I have over the whole sofa at the moment compliments the upholstery well enough that we can use that if we have to.

Dh has put supper on. I need to keep up the work here, I have an hour to clear our sofa enough that we can sit at it with tv trays and watch an episode of tv.

Donna's Lifestyle

Postby Donna's Lifestyle » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:40 pm

Happy Easter All:)
No this is not a April Fool's joke, I am back:) With everything going on in Feb. with my Dmom I forgot to let you all know that I had given up
anything and everything on the internet, at first it was hard, but soon I found myself finishing up unfinished cross stitch projects, actually going to the library and checking out books,instead of going to the web site, I actually got more done around the house, it opened my eyes on how much time I waste on the computer
Our Easter gathering was nice 20+family members, I made 2 hams, had all the sandwich makings(for those who wanted just a sandwich) condiments. drinks, and a carrot cake, everyone brought a side dish/dessert lots of yummy food, the kids Egg Hunt had to be held inside as we have been deluged with a lot of rain the past few days, making the yard a swamp, now it is currently sleeting along with freezing rain, they are forecasting possibly 3-4 inches of snow thru tonite, but tomorrow it will all be washed away with more rain :roll:
Going to close here,get into some comfy clothes and relax, will see you all tomorrow morning :)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:49 pm

Great news dinner was good, store was not so busy like yesterday the checker said they were slammed so feeling like I made a good choice to wait for a diff day for shopping. H changed a light bulb for me. Dd said she lost her job Fri. Some office politics going on I think. It has been rough there for a while for her she had said she was going to change jobs this spring anyway. She can hang out with her kids on spring break this week a blessing.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:08 pm

what a blessing to be there and see and hear her sing!!!d dharriet
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:25 pm

OK, things are packed up and I have my table back. And most of the floor of the living room.

I was exhausted after dinner but powered through. It is good to have some breathing room around. If I had more tv tables, I could put away the card table but I don't have enough. There's a folded stool somewhere I might try opening up. But after I vacuum.

Two of the shirts that I saw in the piles of clothing struck a bell with the label so I put them aside. They are technical wear and I was pretty sure ds wore pants by that company. I was right so they are in my wash pile. He asked the size and I said 'small.' He has a lot of trouble finding size small and should be a medium himself but has lost weight this year despite an atrocious diet. When there are too many nights in a row, he goes down to one meal and a snack each 24 hour period because cooking and eating takes away from sleeping time. And the snack is a frozen dinner he can zap if he gets a dinner break (not always the case because they often don't have break-relief.)

I now need to spend time planning but I'm going to wait until the morning. Now to peek at my email. I'm feeling free to ignore it because it is Easter.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:46 pm

BTW: we sang Jesus! Chris is risen today! for our opening hymn. It isn't as if the bulletin wasn't sent out to dh and I multiple times for approval. We just glanced over it quickly, noting hymn numbers and where they were in the service completely missing the typo. (To be fair, the first exclamation point wasn't there, I just added it in my head and then couldn't stop giggling because, you know, I'm so mature!)

Return to “Post When You Can”