Monday Magic

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Monday Magic

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:50 am

What magic can you manage today?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Monday Magic

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:55 am

Up be4 five today. We had a rain snow mix in the night and after tomorriw we have rain the rest of the week. I need to do outside stuff today done.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:59 am

At this point, getting out of bed counts as magic for me. I'm physically exhausted but no rest for the weary.

When we moved from the house to the apartment, the move was fueled by Diet Dr. Pepper. I'm afraid this move is being fueled by that as well.

I have spent over an hour making up the shopping list for 'must haves' by Saturday. Non-stick pots, mattress topper, twin mattress, duvet covers in twin and double size (return extra twin duvet cover), hand towels and wash cloths (if needed, not all cultures use them), bed frame for the parents. All these items are available at IKEA and almost all are lower cost than anywhere else so maybe it will be one stop shopping.

There is also a bed with storage drawers underneath for $260 more than just the bed frame so I need to ask if they'd like to spend some money on that and get the perfect solution for their apartment. I can see me spending another $100 on underbed bins so in fact this might be a very cost and space efficient way of solving their bedroom issues. If we can have one less dresser in their room, that means there'd be room for a clothes drying rack. So I need to discuss this with them.

On the other hand, I don't have room for it in the car if they are with me and delivery is way too much money. And where would it be delivered too, my place? They need the bed on Saturday night but they don't have the keys to their apartment until some time on Friday.

I've started another load of laundry. I probably have 5 more to do for them.

I also have to exchange the mattress covers for ones that are plastic or buy plastic ones too (probably the best idea.) These are little boys we are dealing with, no point ruining the mattress. The reason I have to buy one mattress is the person had the bed and mattress but they weren't passing the mattress along due to an 'accident.'

Now to go get dressed and then have my breakfast.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:10 am

Carry on, Kathryn.

I had a "so-so" night, and was up for good a little after 6:30am. I've done my usual things and have one LOL in the dryer twin. Got the dishes done. Have a new 'have to' as per dh to take care of this afternoon. Means getting out our present health insurance info. Dcampowner gave him the name of someone in Ithaca, NY who may be able to help us decide what to do about health care this fall. We have to find something that will be sure to cover us as much as our present one does but for both up north and down here in FL. Know that it will make a difference what county we're in down here too. Just another thing to add to my growing list of to-do's.

Went to church yesterday morning. I do absolutely love this new pastor. He was down here (from NJ) for the holy weekend. He was flying back today and leaving his one car down here. He officially starts at our church May 1st.

Need to get busy and get a check written to our investment company. Have another large check to deposit there as well. Will deposit them in an office down here and then dh can meet with our investment counselor next week to decide where to put it. She's off this week or he'd go in today. He sees his cardiologist later today. His pulmonologist put him on a new inhaled med for mornings and want to make sure it's okay for him to take with heart conditions and other meds.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:15 am

Happy Monday d everyone

hi dee! I am so happy you love the new pastor!

hi d kathryn hope you feel energy during your day! Do you have a place you are moving to soon?

hi d nancy good morning - we had that weather the other day. hope you get a bit of beautiful sunshine!

Hello all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU0zuEZRDck kat (good one about doing 10 minutes and stop and go to the next thing for home blessing) you know the job remains there but each week it will get better.

I don't know about you, but leaving an area after 10 minutes is hard - It's hard to talk myself into moving on even though it works well for me and the work overall is getting done over and over. I think it is my perfectionism - even though that sounds crazy from a disorganized person internally.
Does anyone else struggle with all or nothing thinking? I would love to know.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:42 am

Hello. I enjoyed reading how you all spent your holiday.

We got a call from NC relative who had driven down here with his family and he said we could come out to DSis-i-law's in the afternoon so we did. In the afternoon. So vague. We left here about 1 and got there 1:30. They had already eaten. Last 2 get-togethers S-i-l didn't invite us out I suppose because we didn't accept their last invitation because all my grandkids were going to be here... and they come from across the state and we seldom see them. She has quit inviting us. But this one was awkward because it was evident we missed things today...

I set DSisiL straight about how often we go up to see my kids up there and what was going on in both families. Last time they had a get-together (Christmas) we were the only ones not invited and everybody was asking where we were and she said she didn't invite us because we were probably not in town... and DStepMiL spoke up and said no they had been here the day before and we were all alone.

DH's family is just weird. I have a DSisiL who keeps "throwing us under the bus" and has been detrimental to our relationship with our NC family. She knew they were coming for months and never told us. Anyway, we made the best of things and got to see 3 of DH grandkids we never see.

Big sigh. Hurts worse when I think about it all a day later. DH has sorta steeled himself against his hurt feelings.

Trying to move on here.

House is in good shape. Dailies done.

Donna's Lifestyle

Postby Donna's Lifestyle » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:02 am

Good Morning
As I said in my brief post late yesterday afternoon, I am back, I forgot to let you ladies( had so much going on with Dmom) that I gave up anything and everything internet for the lenten season, it was hard, but it really opened my eyes on how much time I waste on the computer :o
I am moving slow this morning, have not completed all of my morning sturff yet, hope to create Magic by completing all my personal/cleaning jobs today so I can start my April goal of decluttering all the closets.
Be back later:)

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:06 am

(((Harmony))) Those hurts, hurt worst of all sometimes.

Meant to say that dd and I went to see "I Can Only Imagine" yesterday. Very inspirational! We loved it. Did tell dd to write it down: "I want that song at my funeral some day." Afterwards we went to dinner out since there was only the 2 of is.

Made the call to the insurance man and have some homework to do -not too bad. Will email the info to this guy. He was actually a neighbor to dcampowner down here in Englewood. Up there -he's from same area as dh.

See a lot of the remaining 'brown' =allergens, from trees is falling today. Will be glad when it's all gone.

Hi, Donna. Glad to see you back. My computer time has been limited by the fact that my computer and phone both pretty well died. I'm using a new (to me) computer now but need dd to get it really set up for me. Her dmil is still administrator on it and I need to be so I can change or add some things. It's actually 4 years old but she only probably put 10 hours on it. Dsonil got it from her but it's not what he wants and told me to use it. I've discovered I can't 'use' it but need to make it mine and will pay them for it so I feel it's really mine.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:10 am

hello sweet harmony
(sorry you were not able to spend time with NC relative - I wish she would have invited you - so wrong). (())
Well done on your home and Dailies done already!

Good Morning d donna
well done on giving up the internet for lent. (a hard one) I just gave up fb and that too was enlightening.
We will cheer you on while you delve into your closets!

well done on your insurance call d dee!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:16 am

so far
as soon as I got up and let the dogs out - frost everywhere by the way - I threw in a load of laundry
fed animals and myself 8-)
changed animals water bowls (rinse out)
emptied the dw
(I have to glass large pans soaking from yesterday)
straightened family room bc I didn't do it last night - while my water was heating and toast was toasting

later flip flopped and then threw in my kitchen towels and wash cloths
pulled my Monday cards and flipped my journal (in page protectors that I mark) open

Zone: for us here - Bathrooms (I am not doing any work in the bathrooms except repair and paint the powder room door this week)
Fly lady is doing - Front entrance as their zone 1.

For me this week: a heavy duty (I have been pulling one heavy duty job from the kitchen each week - this week is cleaning the oven and stove top)

BWP: laundry room 15 minutes, kitchen 15 minutes home blessing
white laundry
kitchen towels - washing now

Return to “Post When You Can”