Tuesday tricks

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Tuesday tricks

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:03 pm

I have been having good luck with united site lately for prices - it's like all things- prices go up and down - one time united will be great and another time someone else will be great. A df told me she loves jet blue - I have heard that multiple times. who knows.
sometimes they aren't great but I think lately they have been putting a little more customer service in.

so much for trip
found out our siding and roof needs to be replaced. No cheap venture.

hello all
hi d kathryn
hi d book
hi d dee
hi d harmony
hi d harriet - be happy that you are only 5 lbs away! you deserve the best and if you don't like the fit you can return it! be kind to our d harriet. You should be so proud already!

I went to ww this morning
There were 8 life time members in the room today - nice perspective
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:10 pm

received call from upholsterer and he will be picking up the front room couch and the wing back chairs Friday. :D That means i have a shorter time to wash and paint that room before the furniture comes back than I thought.

It is cold and rainy here again!

today: find turpentine
stop by hardware store: Spackle
sticky cloth for dust.

Hoping to work on bathroom door
Today is normally bathrooms but I am pushing that back to the end of the week.

Cleaning focus thread: Bathrooms
FL zone: number 1: front entrance.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:42 pm

Fumes are under control. The bedroom was fine so I just shut the door. Same in the kitchen. Closed off the stinking office and then sealed the door as best I could.

Living and dining room are faint. Front hall is still bad and the office is unbearable
When I go to the bank I'll open it to the kitchen and maybe the air from the balcony will clear out the smell.

Having lunch now, then a walk and errands.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:08 pm

I am posting from hospital waiting room on my phone. Never phone posted before. DD16 getting endoscopy. Worst case scenario = celiac, chronic but manageable. Horrible television blaring incessantly. DD turned the one in her room off immediately. She got the princess room, eye rolling ensued.

Have whole day off. Gotta get Briggs to cat coordinator for dental tomorrow. Someone coming to see Lara tomorrow too. Lara was an obnoxious yowly cat last night.

Got errands and LOLs done and PUT AWAY! Elizabeth's Own Handyman Service will install my new fan lights and speaker wire soon.

Harriet: Could the other top be a teen size?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:36 pm

Back at my computer in the living room. It is 'fresh' in here (I should have socks on because my ankles are cold) but there is not smell. The kitchen door to the dining room is shut but I've opened up the door from the kitchen to the office so that room can air out now.

I had to get back to my computer because MF wants my sermon title for May 13. Uhmmm, no, not ready. In fact, I had contacted him because I was looking for what he wants me to preach on (Easter 7 or Ascension Sunday.) So the balls back in his court. I'm hoping Ascension because I have something written for that. I'm pretty sure he doesn't read the SHE boards because he's tough and would probably make me do Easter 7 so I have more work to do. It would be 'good' for me to wrestle with a different text.

I had something else to say but can't for the life of me remember what. So I guess I should put on my socks and do my errands now.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:50 pm

I remember what I came here to ask!

Sewing help

In two spots the upholstery on the couch slipcover has worn thin in one spot, slight ragged 'ladder' (the British term for it or 'run' in American English.) If it was a sock, I'd darn it.

I have no idea how to repair properly so am aiming for a patch.

Should I darn it, (it is a thin, more silky like material rather than thick wooly upholstery.)

Alternatively, I have fusing material here so could fuse the underside of the ladder to reinforce it

In either case, the repaired bit will be out of sight so quality of the repair shouldn't matter.

Thoughts?

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:58 pm

Sorry I can't help d kathryn, I am sure d harriet would know! or many of our other SHE'S

emptied dw
ate lunch with dh
ordered groceries - I didn't want to go out in the rain - lazy and having a bit of a headache.

At one cancel an appointment
write d brother about a flight

No laundry to wash but laundry to put away

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:03 pm

As for me, I really like the idea of adding the fusible, even if you stitch, Kathryn - could be a big help. In general, fusibles can't be trusted alone if the fabric will be tugged with use. If that's going to be the case, I'd stitch in some way as well, even if you just top-stitched the fusible. Glad to hear the areas that worry you will be hidden.

All best wishes to Elizabeth's dd, and grateful on her behalf that she will have answers and a plan.

LOL about top :D

The "lose five pounds" is just something I have said many times when putting a disappointing garment in the closet!! :lol: :oops: thinking maybe something will look better on me later. I'm not really five pounds away from a point that is guaranteed to make everything okay! But I'm thinking the bodice has a chance of looking better. The neck opening does squiggle over my head, so that I've been able to try it on - I have to take off my glasses off, but I guess no one knows that when I'm wearing it!!

Difficult morning and will put that in J and C.

Overwhelmed when I think about the rest of the week. Still no idea what to get either grandchild for their bdays and it's this weekend!! Wondering what I'll do with ds' children tomorrow for 6 more hours. In a way, I wish I'd had set plans for us but in another way, I know the enjoyment of being spontaneous is a good thing.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:07 pm

quick hi -
I am getting a headache (weather one) and I am getting so tired.
ordered groceries

recycled old magazines
also did some personal fun paperwork
trying to stay awake ;)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:15 pm

Back from my walk. Errands are done. Unfortunately, I was caught in wind blown silica spray from a construction site so I have some cleaning of my coat and hat to do.

The first of 3 parcels from Costco have arrived. Two are either for me or the refugees. Depends on if the refugees want to spend the money on these items (folding table to work at in the kitchen or use for extra dining space, folding chairs.) The third is a nice baker's rack to expand storage room. First I need to see if the person who is donating items from her kitchen had nice things. I'll find that out tomorrow.

MF sent me the upcoming service notes and he gave me Ascension Sunday so my sermon is half written. I have 2 Sundays I could go up in June to worship and then spend the afternoon with him so I've asked him which is better. I thought I only had one so it is nice to know I have two.

Dd posted a hilarious video of dgs struggling to stay awake through lunch. It is exhausting to watch! She wants to come to the wedding in June badly but the timing is awful and no children at either the wedding or reception. Wedding is at 6:30 and dgs goes to sleep at 7. On the other hand it is only a few minutes away from her good friend's parents home. We know the parents as well and they are lovely and excellent babysitters. So we are going to try it and see what happens. All 5 adults in our family will be there and we'll have 3 cars so between us we should be able to pull this off.

I need to get back to work now. The walk and a snack were enough of a break. What I want to do is work on church services. What I have to do is move planning.

Return to “Post When You Can”