Tuesday tricks

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Tuesday tricks

Postby CathyS » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:15 pm

Hi everyone!!

Spent a lot of time and probably too much money doing some serious grocery shopping today. A grocery store, Walmart and Costco. When I left home it was not raining. By the time I got home it was a drizzling rain, but not a down pour. I do believe that the pantry is almost 100% stocked again. Weird things too, like soy sauce, HP sauce (like A1 sort of) and sour keys candy from Costco for my dd. I also needed a litre of 35% cream for the scalloped potatoes.

I don't have to go anywhere other than the bank tomorrow. I can leave that until Thursday IF the weather is too bad.

We had grilled cheese on rye bread tonight and dh had pea soup and I had vegetable soup. Like dh says, we don't need a fancy roast every night.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:12 pm

I have pulled a few weeds next to the house plus I got the hens hearded back inside their rin and coop. H is home now has been feeling punky.

Watching news clips an hr. Ago u tube had shooting that is in Ca.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:27 pm

what was I thinking???! Obviously, I didn't think it through well. Removing all access to screens (aka internet & TV) is maybe not the best consequence for DS9 because it means "I" have limited internet. This too will pass....

Yesterday was a full day
** DS9 to Homeschool Coop. I asked DH to attend with us because they are using real tools (hammer, drills, saws, etc) and I wasn't 100% sure of the safety. I think now that DH has been introduced to the Coop process that he might take over this weekly event. I'm not counting on it (yet) but that would mean I will have 4 hours free each Monday!! I was surprised that the men attending the homeschool coop exceed the # of women. I expected it to be mostly Mom's.
** Test drove a Nissan Armada. During my search for the tallest SUV the Armada was tied with Toyota Sequoia as the tallest. However, the cargo carrying areas are smaller than Yukon XL or Suburban. Sooo I am no closer to knowing what vehicle I want. At the rate I'm going in this decision tree I will be 90 years old before I make my mind up. I'm thinking Harmony's dump truck might fit my needs. Tall and able to haul lots of stuff.
** Sam's buying trip for the church and us. Just buying what was on the lists the back of the Suburban was filled even with half of the second-row seats and all of the 3rd row of seats laid down.
** Another 3 hours of homeschool done with DS9 after we arrived home in late afternoon.
** I painted some more metal flowers for the various flower gardens. I like having real and fake (metal) flowers mixed together.

Today's doings -
** 5 hours of homeschool with DS9.
** Took DMom and DMIL some EAster Lilly plants. Sam's had them marked down to $5 (from $15) so I thought they needed some. They were both thrilled. I take them flowers or plants about once a month and they are always very appreciative.
** I made some phone calls about DMom's medical bills. I think it is straightened out and paid now.
** It took me 5 hours and 7 minutes to finish my OA homework today. I didn't work on it the entire time but kept at it bits and pieces at a time with continual interruptions. It's a good thing that I am stubborn or I would have given up.
** Voted in the election to support the votech schools. Wish we could vote on whether to fund our teachers pay and buy new school books or the kids. I am fairly sure it would pass easily.

Emotions continue to be high in our little corner of the world as the teachers walk-out continues. Our local school is alone in voting to continue school. It might be the only one in our county that is not participating in the walk-out. It is the only one that I know of. I hate the teachers being put in this no-win situation. Yesterday children was left by their parents at the public library in the nearest big city. Parents drop the kids off at the public library because the children aren't in school is a bad idea! The library called the police but they didn't do anything. I suspect it is going to get worse before it gets better.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:58 pm

I cleaned up my dishes from dinner in an attempt to do evening routine. Swept traffic area in carport, and the driveway.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:15 pm

It took over 90 minutes but I got the cushions darned and then fused. I put the fusing on the 'good' side of the slipcase so madly was pulling it off. Thankfully, I'm impatient and it wasn't fully cooled before I was flipping the case right side out and realized my mistake. The fusing fills in any 'holes' in my darning so it looks pretty good with the 'bad' sides up. You can't see until you are closeup. But we'll still put them bad side down. The stain that prompted M to take off the cushions and wash them is now gone so that's a plus. On the other hand, the couch doesn't look as good because the back and side cushion covers are a bit shrunk so there are gaps now. The cases close but the fluffy cushions are smaller now.

Dinner was expensive because dh dropped something onto the Corelle plate the defrosted steaks were on, which shattered, and I pointed out because it explodes into tiny shards there was too great a risk of eating glass. The steaks were delicious. It's only money. I think the plates are still open stock at Walmart so I'll pick another up. That's the first one we've broken in almost 4 years. I thought they'd break falling on the tile floor but it was something falling on them that did one in.

The window next to my desk is rattling in the wind. Not sure if the freezing rain has started or if we are still under an advisory. Dh has an emergency dental appointment tomorrow at noon. A crown is causing him great pain. He also had an outbreak of hives on his elbows today. I had cream to sooth that and now the elbows are just really red but no hives.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:12 pm

Hah! My trick for the day: FINALLY getting the laundry started! Monday is my normal laundry day, but yesterday, I just did nothing -- except (re)-read the book I told y'all about, that duncle had loaned me (the one I already had a copy of and had forgotten!)
And today, when I got home from doctor with dmom, I was starving to death, but I was also having terrible cramps in my stomach. Probably gas pains, if y'all don't mind TMI, but oh my goodness... it was terrible. And a thousand times worse after I ate supper.
So I took 2 Gas-X pills, went to bed with a heating pad, and after I woke up from a nap, I felt much better...
Washed dishes...
Started the laundry...
And now the power is about to go out. :roll:
(Stormy weather.)

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Update from dmom in J&C... mostly just a big nothing for today. No decision.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”