Working Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Working Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:39 pm

I got the kitchen all cleaned up and feel better about that. The wind is something awful over there although it is also bad in the living room. Wearying. I went to the bedroom and it is calm. The window rattling in the living room must be the north window and not the east window. So sleeping shouldn't be too hard.

I need to start my bedtime routine now. I'm too tired to sleep again.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:17 pm

LOL — looking at my last post. I really should not type when I’m that sleepy!

I do feel better, though I’ve eaten waaay too many sweets tonight...

Waving to all!
Tomorrow is another day.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:22 pm

Finally cuop.

Sunny, how wonderful that ds#3 and family came for spring break. That was quite a work crew and they sound very organized.

Helia, so very sorry to hear about the loss of your dfil. I am glad that you were all able to go to the Netherlands and celebrate the life of your dfil with family and friends.

Dm arrived Saturday afternoon around 4:30. Everyone was here to eat except for dgd21, babyK, her fiance, dgs12 and dgs14. They were at a cookout at their other grandmother's. This was a very rare occasion where she hosted only her kids and their families. The boys had to spend the night at their dads but dgd21 and her little family came over later that night. It was too windy to grill so we ordered pizza, breadsticks with cheese, pasta and wings. It was oldestdgs's 24th birthday, so dd1 brought a large ice cream cake, a German chocolate cake and brownies.

Sunday afternoon we went to dd2s for Easter dinner. We ate about 2. I had taken cheesy potatoes, deviled eggs, baked beans and a poke cake. Dd2 had fixed a brisket, ham, dinner rolls and a carrot cake. Dd1 rounded out the meal with a chopped salad and a fruit salad. Even though it was windy and in the 30's the kids had an Easter egg hunt. Most of us played the Wits and wagers board game. Dh, dm and I got home around 6:30. We were still full and didn't eat anything the rest of the day. Dm and I had tea and played F arkel.

Monday morning dm planned to leave at 11. Dd1, dgd21, other dgd21 with babyK and dd2 and the 4 kids came over to visit and tell her goodbye. After dm left dd1 and dgd21 left. Dd2 decided to take her kids to IHOP, so invited me to go with them. That evening dgs14 had a double header baseball game, so I met dd2 there and watched the games. Dgs12 had a double header tonight also but it was cold and windy, so I didn't go tonight.

Monday I started a library book that was due yesterday. Dh installed the new hot water heater yesterday and I read all day. When I returned the book today and tried to pay a fine, she said they don't charge if it is only one day. I didn't know that because I never turn in a book a day late.

We leave for Nashville next Tuesday so I have another book to read before then, that is due while we are gone.

Our weather is so crazy 80 one day, cold the next. We have a chance for snow on Friday.

Return to “Post When You Can”