Working Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Working Wednesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:33 am

Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds. -Gordon B. Hinckley

Quote from my B est S elf Journal this a.m.

I'm finally feeling like getting things done again so I'm looking for a working mindset.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Working Wednesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:54 am

We had storms overnight, like Lucylee, but they passed quickly. I woke up to hard rain once in the night but went right back to sleep.

I need to get the recycling out soon.

Dcousin in K-town was to visit but has pushed it off until next week. I alarmed him with reports of dmom so he was planning to visit ASAP. She will still know him, I think. That frees me up to go to a graveside funeral this a.m. - we are planning to go to the shiva next week (has to be scheduled after Passover) so if I had missed it that would have been okay.

Also for today:
-groceries
-steak for dinner, need fresh veggies
-dog food
-Goodwill
-shred to UPS store
-a couple of DPCs
-looking ahead to next week, which will be busy
-repotting aloe, which I separated the other day

Editing...
Right now:
-breakfast and meds
-get recycling to the street
-get ready for funeral at 11 (two hours, but still)
-walk the dog
-fold a lol
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:15 am

Grey, messy, day here.

Short night of sleep. I was up late doing exegesis and getting sermon sparks right up until bedtime (dh made a note on his phone for me and emailed me a copy) and first thing this morning, more came. I looked at a few of the sermons online but it would be as much work for me to rewrite for my congregation (all retirement home residents, not people ready to go out and spread the word to the world beyond) as to write something short myself. So I'm listening to every podcast I can discussing the lections and making notes. If I don't succeed, I'll do a hymn sing. They'll forgive me. The rest of the service is complete (just copied my service from 3 years ago.)

First load of laundry (mine) is in the dryer. Second load (duvet covers for the kids) is in the washer and I have 2 of towels to do, but will add dark clothes of theirs with the second load. Then 2 loads of their clothes which I will do over the next two days. I need to find my bins I'm giving them and get them cleaned out so I can put the clothes into them to keep clean on the way over to the apartment in the trailer.

helia

Postby helia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:21 am

Hi friends! I'm just popping in to say HI! I have a normal non-cramped schedule today for a novel change and so thought I'd post greetings here. I've been to the vet with Maia this morning already and will be getting ready to go to the groc. store soon. I also need to do a lot of laundry. Then I have payroll this afternoon. I also hope to exercise but the weather is so uninspiring that I'll probably just go to the gym. We're getting snow flurries as I type. *bleh* We're tired of winter.

I'm not on facebook either so I'm not keeping up with many of you at all. I hope you are all well.

We're having very gray weather here too, Kathryn. Nice to see you're still working on sermons!
I'm sorry to hear about your mother, Twins. I resonate with your quote this morning. I hope to get things done today too!

In helia news: Dfil passed away about 2 weeks ago, and we all went to the funeral in the Netherlands last weekend. Dd19 was home for spring break, so she flew with dh, dd22, and myself. Ds flew separately from Seattle. It was a really nice time of remembering dfil's life and being together, though rather socially intense for some of us with a large family event Friday night, 3 events on Saturday, the day of the funeral, and one more on Sunday. Dh's family is just so numerous - dh's siblings and spouses + children make 33 people. And extended family members and close family friends were a part of the family events as well. But they're all really lovely people, so it's always a pleasure to be with them.

One snafu: dd19 started throwing up Sunday morning, the day she was to fly back to NYC. We changed her ticket by a day, so she flew back Monday, the same day the rest of us did. She had an important meeting Monday morning -- but had to miss it. There was really nothing else she could do. The professor was very kind about it, but the meeting was with a critic from the NYC fashion world to critique one of her projects, and dd19 was not happy to miss it. She'll meet with the critic again in a week or 2, but this meeting would have been helpful.

Next for me:
- some qt
- make the bed
- start the laundry!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:36 am

Hi everyone!

Not in the mood to work today because it is very windy and overcast and feels cold, even though it isn't that cold.

Tonight's supper is left over turkey and medium sized shells as a casserole. (Re imagined from a tuna casserole recipe from a famous soup company.)

I have all those groceries to put away still. I put all of the bags in front of the shelves when I brought them in yesterday.

I also want to finish some paperwork tidying in here that I started over the weekend.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:57 am

hello d twins so happy your are feeling able to get things done again! thank you for starting us and I wish you a great day

hello d kathryn wishing you a great day too! great job on laundry

d helia what a joy to see you! WE got snow last night too. I agree yuck. ours stuck to the ground and it shocked me this morning.
oh d helia I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear father in law in the netherlands. My wishes of sympathy to your dear husband and your family (families)!
hope your dd is feeling better and I know it was hard for her to miss that meeting.
Enjoy your day as well! Happy to spend time with you this morning!

hi d Cathy
I know we had that weather too - yuck - I think all of us are getting ready for the rest of spring (except our d lynlee who is enjoying fall)
have a great day!

hello to all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:01 am

still not 100%
as I needed to sleep yesterday because of sinus headache - weather related.
dd younger comes home today

I already have money on my credit card again for this month - not what I wanted but no choice - I need to pay it off May 1rst.
I did get d mom a present for mothers day.
I still have to plan our summer with her

started ww again today. moving forward not backward.

things to prepare for:
furniture pick up

anti procrastination day:
big one - socks have not been put away in 5 days
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Donna's Lifestyle

Postby Donna's Lifestyle » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:04 am

Good Morning Ladies:)
Have a lot to work to do today, with a Cardiologist appointment smack dab in the middle of the day,originally had a nice early appointment, but he had to cancel(understandable) but hate losing the early time slot :roll:
Finished up the Morning Stuff, now going to stick a roast in the Crockpot, today is my Kitchen/Meal planning day, so going to get started on that, I also need to finish up what I didnt get done yesterday with watching the Grandkids all day, and hopefully have time to work on April's Goal of cleaning out Closets.
Best get moving. Hope to get back later :)

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:18 am

It's a joy to see helia. Hoping dd19 feels completely well soon. helia, noticing your comment to Twins', I don't believe you are aware she lost her dbrother. It sounds as if you had a great experience in the Netherlands with so much family, although I'm sure there was grief. You've always spoken so highly of your dfil.

Today is definitely working Wednesday. I have so much housework to do to get ready for the weekend.

I also must finish up our household Desk Day.

I did get to the bank and pharmacy 1 yesterday.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:53 am

We had rain in the nite. I slept okay but my back was stiff when I got up. Breakfasts are done.

I will do a bit of weeding despite the rain. Temps. Are warmer today yea. I will work on sewimg getting bobbins filled for my anti-P task. sewing has been ignored for too long.

Muddy dog prints needs attn. Bc of the rains.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”