Working Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Working Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:29 pm

Remember that email I took forever to craft with all the information in it accurate? Z just wrote me to say his new apartment is in building 11 not 12. They went to sign the lease today.

<later>

Just got a stream of emails. The apartment that had been rented was not available so they've been moved up to the middle floor (people above and below.) From a sound point of view this is bad. From a light point of view this is better. From a heating point of view it will be the same; from a cooling point of view, they'll get more breeze above ground. So, all in all, a positive.

Except, now I'm the one handing out false information. I argued with the ladies arranging the moving that knowing the complex was sufficient, they didn't have to have the exact address until the lease was signed. Obviously, I was right about that.

I have another email to send.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:38 pm

Where did this energy come from? I've made three DPCs just now.

I need to go back out and unload groceries and clean out my car.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:38 pm

Ok, email sent. I'm in a grumpy mood now. I have no idea what the layout of the new apartment is. I'm making up signs for the rooms but won't know until Friday what the rooms will be like for sure. This is a mental setback for me. Each time I think I've crossed something off my mental list, it pops in again. Yesterday it was the sermon title (I was asked for April's which I gave, so item accomplished - then I was asked for May.)

I'm frustrated.

Dh just got home. That's good, I was getting worried about him.

As Cathy said, it is windy. Earlier today I put on a fleece vest and then took it off because I was too hot. I got cold again so put it on and was wondering what was up because I hadn't warmed up. When I was worried about dh, I got up to walk around and discovered the wind pushed open the office window. It is absolutely freezing in there. So that explains why I was a bit chilly!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:51 pm

I am sorry you are frustrated d kathryn - hope it all works out!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:52 pm

finished 1-1/2 hours of removing wallpaper as I had more time today. Leaving here in 20 minutes to pick up dd younger from the airport
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:10 pm

Twins, I love days when I have unexpected energy! Just a heads up: we don't post our permits either most of the time. Sometimes we do, but not always. We always have it on site in case anyone asks and we are there with it when we get inspections. It's annoying when subcontractors look at the permit/plans and don't put it back and it gets blown away or goes home with them in their truck. Happens a lot. Also, people who are jealous or angry that work is being done (noise) will come steal permit - yes that happens too. Technically we're supposed to do it. I'd check too like you are.

Just did a big job in the garage. a 3-shelf storage unit 48" long sorted, cleaned, reorganized. It was so bad. A catch-all for DH overflow. When he works on a vehicle in the garage that's where everything gets put. Whole rest of the garage needs done. It's very hard. Nowhere to put things because the shop is so full. Brushed down all the walls with brush on long pole.

I will do some each day until it looks better and doesn't drive me crazy to see.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:30 pm

Trying to regroup and get moving again. The pollen count is sky high here and I can tell it. Just took a zyrtec but sometimes that doesn't stop the reaction.

-put away groceries
-make the bed
-start a lol
-figure out the rest of the afternoon
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:31 pm

OK, got word the new apartment is the same layout. So now all I have to think about with furniture placement is access to the window for a little boy falling out. That was the luxury with the below-ground apartment!

I go get the keys on Friday at 9. I pick up the extra car at noon. Wonder if I can change that to earlier.

More frustration: I've waited at home all day for a delivery. I just checked and one item is on the truck. The second, which was to come today is now pushed to Friday. Except I won't be around much on Friday to be here to accept delivery. Arghhhh.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:13 pm

DH has said that it's extremely windy up home too, Kathryn & Cathy. Dh said earlier he'd been on 3 fire calls and was on his way back to station at the fire hall. Been trying to figure some financial reports and I keep getting messed up. I'll get it right sometime this week and send it off to dh.

Called our cardiologist's office this morning to get our appointments in June consolidated. He went Tuesday and they made an appointment for him on June 25th. I have one on the 21st. It was an easy switch for them since I'm seeing the PA and dh is seeing the Dr. Made them both for 10am on the 21st. Dh has an echocardiogram and I just see the PA. Then we need to consolidate our appointments in October.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:26 pm

I did that little round and also got the mail and visited a little with neighbor across the street. I perused the book I got at the antique mall - a civil war diary from the area where my ancestors lived, a county just east of here. One of the messages I left earlier was for a guy to do the glass repair at dmom's house - realtor friend told me I should have it fixed before appraisal - so hoping he calls back and I can meet him there tomorrow and take some photos at the same time.

I need to text/email both dnephews and my dkids and dh and put all on notice about meeting at mother's this weekend for stuff they may want.

I'm going to go see dmom for a minute. When I get back, I need to repot the aloe that I separated the other day.

Return to “Post When You Can”