Thoughtful Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Thoughtful Thursday

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:11 pm

Walked the dog more to day. Got two more gift bags done yea. It is time to start dinner.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:34 pm

I got caught looking at real estate last night. Bedtime way delayed.
There are some town houses that may be ok, and looked at retirement villages.
One is way out of my league by a good 100k, and has 1+k walk to transport, and crossing a busy road to a shop.
Another is a maybe, though nor handy to my current tai chi or yoga classes. I'd need to think of flooding, raising ocean levels, and is there a pedestrian crossing/refuge in road centre nearby. Also the question of pets, and possibility of little 'secure outdoor pet space'. Its closer to coastal shops/beach/river/ great fruit &veg, and other items shop.
Another is here in town. It has the same issues of no secure pet space/yard. It is on the same bus route I live near now, so getting to yoga and tai chi would not be difficult, and a shorter walk to town.
I'm short on sleep last night too. Looked at dog/puppy availability too.

This morning there is blue sky again. Rest of the bedding - quilt cover and cotton blanket - are on the line.

My attempted sleep was with radio on, and I woke to news of announcer wondering of the cyclone reforming for the third time. Its still a low, and a cloud mass off the coast. Possibly a bit far south to reform, imo, looking at a satelite pic.
Its still playing havoc at beaches though, with warnings not to go beyond waist deep between the flags, as rips often form a little way out, and people can't get back in.. 60 odd folk needed rescuing at a 'safe, more protected' beach yesterday.
School holidays this week.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:00 pm

LOL, Kathryn!
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:44 pm

Evening was spent on the phone.

Bed or Sermon?

Inquiring minds (i.e. mine!) want to know.

I'll take a shot at the sermon. Maybe God will bless me with something.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:51 pm

What a day. I see I'm not the only one very busy today.

Lynlee, is this cyclone season for you now? I sure hope you don't get this one. Are you planning on moving? I'm thinking about all the packing up... oh my...

I am bushed. Worked back out in the garage till 5:30. I am tired tired tired, and sore and achy. Need a hot shower. I did help DH with his and rebandaged his finger. It is all split open, probably should have had stitches. His neck has been stiff too and his knee and shoulder. I think he banged himself badly when he fell.

We drove out to bring the car back because parts ordered won't be here for a week. We paid him for the work he did on the truck. Sure nice to have wheels for a change. I was so tired I couldn't even begin to think about putting food together. So we got hamburgers, etc. on the way out. I haven't had take-out for weeks but I think I forgot to eat very much while I was doing all that work.

We rushed back so we could put some water on the grass. I helped DH hand-water the front while he set up 3 sprinklers in the back. Grass is really getting brown. I washed down 7 windows and sills as I went around. I'll be glad when our rains start.

Ok, off to the shower.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:04 am

April is the end of the regular cyclone season Harmony, though historically an odd one can come in any month of the year.
Will I ever move? Heaven knows and hasn't said yet. Last night was about looking at different places. Wondering the what ifs.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:47 am

Rain rain and more rain a bit of a break then more in the forecast next week at least it is not as cold.

Return to “Post When You Can”