Thoughtful Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Thoughtful Thursday

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:32 pm

dd younger is in the shower and she is coming with me for lunch w d aunt (she has a dr. appointment at 2)
beautiful cold but sunny day today! trying to use the sunshine to get me going.

the box that has been sitting out (from bathroom declutter of the end of February :shock: ;) ) is finally gone through.Over 1/2 gone! I put things on the dining room table (that I didn't toss) for dd's to go through. If it isn't gone by tomorrow it is gone for good.

washed gentles and they are now hanging on laundry rack
washing 2 cold water washables that can get dried after they are done.
saw the concert list and need to talk to dd's about this summer
made date with d sil #4 (we went to the opera this last year) - I will bring my catalog for the symphony - we want to go to Japanese drumming next February
I can't afford it this year even if I would love to go again or to the symphony- I have my upholstery on my card and I want to pay it off. Plus in July the Christmas tickets go on sale.

also registered on the ww app and am following inspiration people. hope it will give me inspiration.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:32 pm

Home from the IKEA run. $600 later we were done (but to be fair $40 of it was for me or dd!) It was a good time, I like doing these settlement tasks. And the move will be over by Sunday. Woot!

We were

I still need to buy a bed frame. It was out of stock. I cannot forget this. If I pick it up tomorrow, I can have dh and Z assemble it while the women are working on the kitchen. Slowly, the time slot tetris that is this move is filling in nicely.

I'm heating up my lunch now. Then I'll have some quiet time. At the moment the wind has died down and the apartment is completely quiet except for my typing and the clock.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:57 pm

Morning...at least for me.

Spring cleaning has begun. Easter decorations put away. New spring flowered wreath is on the front door. Winter electric blanket and comforter put up. New spring weight blanket and bed spread ordered. One for queen washed dried and put on our bed till new ones arrive. Finally Found a rug I want for under my dinning room table... the one I have is at least 15 years old. Hope to pick up my new one today.

After everything is organized and put away my home blessing will begin. Found at the At Home a refillable “swifler” type floor cleaner there. I can fill it with my own cleaner and it has micro fiber runners on the bottom I can wash after using.

Closets are talking to me but they will have to wait till the weekend. Willis class has been moved to 9 instead of 11 due to the heat. This week average temps are already 95* 10 degrees higher than normal.

Break over, back to work... waving to y’all
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:38 pm

Hi. Grand progress being made around here today. 5 hours spent in garage so far. I will post about that in our Declutter thread. Came in for a break and DH wanted to do statements so we got 2 completely done and 1 all ready but for the last invoice to come in. Big progress for both of us.

Paperwork just wears DH out. He is napping.

I am going back out to the garage.

Sunny, I was wondering why we hadn't heard from you in a while. I'm glad you had some help around the house and new fence! Wow. That's great, and I know you enjoyed seeing the family again.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:24 pm

Time for quiet time to end.

I'll walk to the store for my supper things. I've made up a grocery list for myself. I want to put together a healthy snack tray for Saturday to have for moving day so have added a hummus, cheese and crackers to my list.

Dh came through. He was at a business lunch when I came home and was heading off to a meeting. He's picking up the missing bed frame on his way back from the meeting. That makes one less errand for me.

I was supposed to chat with dd and CM today but neither called me after 1:30. CM will be at work but it should be nap time for dgs.

Ds apparently couldn't sleep today. He is on antibiotics and had to wake at 11:30 to take some. Dh said he complained he had not yet fallen asleep. So he will be short sleep today.

I need to get a bookcase from the furnace room which means I need to track down our super to let me in. He's been storing it for me since the beginning of December.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:46 pm

It is quiet here as well as at my apartment!

I walked to the store and back and dd called while I was getting my things off. She was to call at 1:30 but fell asleep for 3 hours with dgs. They both are under the weather. She was calling about plans for dniece's wedding in June. Since the baby is not included and it falls during his bedtime routine (wedding at 6:30, we're guessing meal at 8, he starts to bed at 7) she's rsvp for 1 and they'll tag team parent with grandparents filling in the gaps. If there is a family event the day after (there was for dnephew) then dgs will go to that. Otherwise, it will just be a family time for us on the Thursday and Friday until the wedding. Which will be nice since dh leaves for a month in Africa the day after the wedding.

Dh is now driving ds to the car place to pick up his car and then he'll pick up pizza for himself for his dinner. I have my dinner which I'll start in a few minutes.

We'll watch an episode of TV and then I'll hopefully work on my sermon.

I'm on the treadmill now because I still need 2500 steps to make my 10K. I haven't made 10K yet this week and today may be my only chance at it so I'm taking advantage of the time to get the pizza to get the steps in.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:27 pm

Approx 35 min. That is how long it takes to use the steam cleaner thing and do all three toilets. But part of that time is waiting for it to heat up. Timer said approx 41 min but I cleaned dh’s shower while waiting — 5 min task.
Have to wait for steamer to cool down to empty water and put away.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 pm

I haven’t had time to really cuop, but had to share progress above! :)
See, I was FORCED to do SOMETHING in the bathroom zone this week, bc I accidentally marked it “done” LAST week. LOL.
Today I have also run errands:
— Post office
— Bank
— Two drug stores
Plus,
Talked to dmom
Filled her dispensers for next week
Washed a load of clothes
Packed for College Town tomorrow
Talked to duncle

Cooking supper now...
Dgrands will be here ASAP
and dh and I plan to go see Chapaquidick (sp?)
The movie — later.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:05 pm

hi -
dd younger and I are going to the gym for 1/2 an hour
I did errands all afternoon
had a lovely time with d aunt. I will be shopping for her once a week as she can't do it anymore. She is an hour away so i may do every ten days. I feel bad but I can't do more.

heading out again
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:40 pm

I think we should take turns sneaking into Lucylee's house and marking random zones "Done." If that's what it takes to get her motivated, we, as the village, are ready to step up!

Dinner is over. I'm delighted to discover I started loading the dishwasher yesterday so today's dishes are now loaded as well. I am waiting for my decaf tea mug before starting it.

Dh took out the garbage and the recycle and brought up a lovely step-on garbage can from the garbage room. But it was missing the inner liner so I'm thinking something awful went really bad in the can and they tossed out the can and contents and put the exterior in the room for someone to salvage.

We moved the pantry cupboard waiting to be assembled into the car for tomorrow morning drop off and brought up some bins I'm donating as toy bins.

So that's all I'm doing for tonight. Tomorrow morning we have an early start.

Return to “Post When You Can”