Thoughtful Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Thoughtful Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:43 am

What thinking should be done in preparation for the weekend?

What thoughtful gesture could you make to someone to make their lives brighter?

Whichever way you interpret the word thoughtful, I wish you a wonderful day!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Thoughtful Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:48 am

My thoughtful will be working on a sermon and maybe some shopping.

I need to keep the apartment quieter today because ds will be here sleeping. Thankfully, all the work I've done up to today means that the spare bedroom is back in order now. There is a green garbage bag of rejected outer clothing under a bedside table (actually my bedside table is a tv table) but aside from that, it is in order. I even vacuumed after the mice so the room is clean too.

The mouse trap remains out and remains empty.

Dh has someone coming over to pick him up for lunch and he'll be coming up to see the place. He knows we are in the middle of a move.

I want to wash the kitchen floor at some point today.

I need to get over to the store to buy my dinner (frozen lasagna and a salad.)

I have my load of laundry on now. Goodness knows if ds will show up with laundry as well. Not likely since he's dropping his car off for service and walking the half mile to my place.

First I need to s2s and I can't do that until ds arrives.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:04 am

Good morning and thanks for the opening Kathryn

Finished lib book - the captive queen of scots. Jean Palaidy.
Interesting to see the ingrained religious differences from that time. There are still repercussions. I think.

Walking 3 k daily this week - yoga and taichi lessons are on a break. Managed a rain free walk today.

I'm trying to get out and be in my yard daily, and spend some reflective time there.
Pull a few weeds as well.

There is no 'fall' here. Its autumn. leaf fall is more likely to be early spring for the few tree species that like a bare frame to hang blossom on. That's not due for a while. Maybe winter will happen first.

dishes and kitchen given a going over tonight.

Commonwealth Games is on. Cyclone is expected to fizzle out so hoping it fines up for the rest of that.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:50 am

hi d lynn! so interesting about the trees in autumn by you! wishing you the best! yay on walking 3 k daily!

hi d Kathryn! have a great day! yay on your work!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:59 am

I woke up at 5:15 and went back to bed and slept from 7 to 8 :shock: I wish I would have stayed awake.

Meeting an aunt at noon for lunch.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:34 am

Good morning! For a day that had so much unexpected changes in plans, I kicked butt! I pulled into xBFF's driveway just as she was pulling in with my traveling companion friend (TCF). They were relieved because xBFF had to teach a class, her daughter was not home yet, and no one wanted TCF to remain alone. While I was there, we got TCF's flight rescheduled, arranged her airport transportation (me), and looked at crochet patterns. The daughter arrived, she went to bed, then my second shift started. I got the webwork done, ran a LOL, but did not put it away, remembered to put trash and recycles out, and handled bills and budget except for checkbook balancing.

Briggs is back from the vet, minus 8 small teeth and two molars. They were able to save his canines. He can only eat canned food for two weeks and so must be kept away from Lara who should eat mostly dry. He also has to have pain meds 2x a day, which he doesn't like. If he knew what it did, he would be clamoring for it. Separating them for two weeks has huge pain in the tailbone potential BUT Lara has an adoption pending. Our org always has teeth checked before placing an animal, so she may end up with the same diet for a while. It will still be necessary to separate them, in case Briggs hogs all the food. However, he ate very little last night.

Tonight is Girls' Night Out with DD16, which I am going to encourage to be IN due to the state of my checkbook. For DD, I will tell her I want her to eat her favorite soup while she still can. If she has homework, I will put away the laundry and do the checkbook during that time. Otherwise, it will have to be after she leaves. The door lock will not happen today.

I have to ask lilac: what is a poke cake?

ETA: Just realized that by the end of the weekend, I must have the minutes and notes done for the animal org.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:48 am

I was up a later last nite and slept in a bit today. Was cold and realized I did not adjust furnace for day time. Putzing away at a m stuff.

Elizebeth ~ Poke cake is a cake with hole from a wooden spoon handle poked in it for pudding or jello before it sets to be poured in for a moist cake. You could do an all recipes search. I just saw one on fb with pastel colors. I just shared one on fb.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:54 am

morning routine done including shower2s
feeling spiffy

hi d nancy!

hi d elizabeth! yay on kicking franny (((poor briggs)))

leaving in 45 minutes.
errand day for me

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:01 pm

Aaack! I need to get my bottom off of this chair! I'm considering the last of the dark chocolate toffee matzah as my breakfast. :shock: At least it's gone now. I was up around 8. I heard dh let the ddog out earlier so I slept in a bit.

I need to be at dfriends' at 6 p.m. I think, with cheese/crackers/snacks stuff. She is cooking dinner and it's her dh's birthday.

Right now.....
-fold a load of laundry
-change clothes, brush teeth, walk the ddog
-make the bed
-kitchen clean up
-head out to go to dmom's house to take photos

I'll need a stop at grocery for cheese, etc. and a shower after I go to dmom's. Should take a zyrtec soon also.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:23 pm

hi d twins- sending little elves to help you off your chair! 8-) I was like this a lot this week! :lol: have fun tonight with your d friend!

Return to “Post When You Can”