Finishing Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Finishing Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:45 am

What big things will you be finishing up this weekend?

What little things can you finish up so you can move on with a light heart?

At the SHE conference in Cleveland, I recall one of the SHEs commenting that a certain organization/time management book was the best book she had ever started. Started. Not read. As SHEs she knew we'd identify with that statement. We aren't always the best at finishing what we've started.

I often think all my unfinished things are holding me back, not because the item needs to be done but because the unfinished items tip my mental scales to 'failure' or 'unfocused' or 'incomplete' when I should be enjoying the feeling of 'accomplished', 'loved', or 'active.'

Take the time today to focus on something to finish, in order to help tip the mental scale to the positive.

Something as simple as a shiny sink, a cleared off table, an empty laundry hamper, a gassed up and tidied car, the bills paid, your work desk tidied, will help you feel better about yourself as you move into the weekend with its Sabbath rest.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Finishing Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:49 am

In the not-so-little department, my sermon is finished. (I have 35 minutes to get out the door for my big project of the day and still have to eat and s2s, but the bed is made and the clean dishes are put away.)

In the big department, this is day 1 of the move. Today's goal is to finish the kitchen, furniture assembled, everything unpacked and missing items grabbed from the dollar store. I have lots of helpers. I hope they are dependable and productive so this project will be completed early in the evening.

So, off I go!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:36 am

Best wishes coming your way, Kathryn, toward what looks to be a very long day for you. I like this statement and have to copy it to my SHE file.
I often think all my unfinished things are holding me back, not because the item needs to be done but because the unfinished items tip my mental scales to 'failure' or 'unfocused' or 'incomplete' when I should be enjoying the feeling of 'accomplished', 'loved', or 'active.'
I have a lot that's 'unfinished' at this point. Not the least of which is settling on a GOOD plan for losing this weight.

DD plans to go to an FCA hockey tournament in Estero for the weekend. She was just going to go for tomorrow but decided it's was a pretty long drive back after dark and it would be very late when she finally got back home. So she's decided to get a room and stay and work again on Sunday.

We really were bad at Trivia last night. I've really gone very seldom this winter. Went before Christmas and then not again until March 8th and last night. Certainly hope not to spend another winter sick for so long! :roll: Want to discuss with my Dr. up home the events of this winter to see if she has suggestions for next year.

I'm just killing time here until it's time to take the rest of my meds and have breakfast. Today is the first day of my days of losing weight!!! Trying to decide what to do differently. Because....."If I always do, what I've always done, I'll always get the same results as I've always had."
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Donna's Lifestyle

Postby Donna's Lifestyle » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:13 am

Good Morning
Don't know if I will be on today, or if this will go thru, they are doing major repairs on the storm sewer lines in the subdivision,and I think the
guy doing the digging is new at it,our electricity and internet kept going out, it was really bad :roll:
I worked my rear off yesterday( with all the outages and finally got caught up, on my BWP. On today's To-Do is
Morning Stuff
Familyroom (today's BWP room to clean)
April's Goal Closets: Finally will be able to work on Coat Closet!!!!
Pizza dough in Bread Machine
This is a start, best get moving,
Hope to be back later:)
Dee Good luck with your weight loss journey, I have been trying for ages, Dr tells me it gets harder as we get older, but it can be done(easy for him to say :D )

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:16 am

best wishes Kathryn and helpers. May many blessings be found in your day.

start to finish - summer blanket and quilt cover washed, dried, folded and refolded to fit in the away bottom drawer. I put the winter quilt cover to the top pf that heap so I don't need to scramble looking for it next season. (winter sheets are in there too.)
library books are bagged, ready to return tomorrow.
helper / supporter came, and we talked of many things.
I asked her about one of the retirement villages I found late last night. Yes she had clients there.
We agreed on the often failures of care systems, and the meant to be helpful forces.
We both had stories to tell on those, and lately items in the news.
Scarey stuff if you are on the wrong side of it.
And pets.
and the why my gate is now closed.
I showed her the graphs of life quality modern 'medicine' often results in, as opposed to what used to bee, in a book that is leant to me. We talked about the more desirable models.
After she left I read more of that book.
The part where the 1991 Rochester aged care/ nursing home residence doctor intoduced a heap of animals to the premises in an attempt to breathe life into the place, and its residents, was laugh out loud for me, with great results for the residents. Less drugs and hospitalisations, longer lives, renewed interest in life.
Also the inclusion of kids and child care for workers.
Also was a heap of different models other centres tried that also had better results. 'family type homes' for 10-20 residents with individual bedrooms and real kitchen, dining and living areas.
Also about the difference and life extention that paliative care gave to families.
Lots of food for thought.
I'm not sure what meets those nursing home standards here. I used think local ones were good, but I hear enough on media of when things in some care facilities in this and other states have gone pear shaped not to be so certain... I fear the bean counters and need to justify every penny spent demands have helped cruel it. time is not on the workers or residents side. Maybe I could 'volunteer' to be company somewhere.
Also that residents are not encouraged to do everything they can possibly do for themselves, as it would take maybe 4 times as long to support that activity as it does to render the occupant helpless by doing it all for them.
I still want to believe that the local grown, apex member innitated project from the 60s/70s that now has branches in many local communities and campuses is not guilty of the abuse of some.
My helper used work in residences. I've known workers and administrators.
Now we share how we keep our bodies going. She gets infusions but is having collapsed veins. I swear by chia and flax seed. I told her how long those hake to have a benefit if I've stopped taking them.

I managed the 3k walk again, though it was dusk by the time I got home.
I put some solar fairy lights along my long driveway to light my way when I've forgotten to leave the o/s light on.

Waving to Dee. Best wishes on improving your fitness, and eating what helps with that.

Waving to Donna. I hope you have essential services today. Electricity is nice to have these days.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:36 am

Hi everyone!!

Dee it's snowing here and there are numerous road closures due to accidents down towards Fort Erie. I wonder how it is on your side of the border.

Dh is unexpectedly home today. It's the busy season and the boss decided to take the day off to go do something somewhere that has nothing to do with work. Dh was left with at least 2 employees that wouldn't know their head from a hole in the ground or however that phrase goes.

So, I need to do a few things and FINISH a few things and forget a few things that I had planned. It's too bad out there to drive to the Falls to drop off some books like I was planning to do today.

Supper is liver and onions and mashed potatoes and beef gravy and green peas. Sounds like a diner dinner to me. Dh says he wants to use up some spinach as well. I also have to make the scalloped potatoes for tomorrow.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:13 am

I am trying to decide what to post. Sigh ... up on time to day.

Deleted / Skippable/ .... happy to say issue resolved now! :mrgreen:

I needed & Got a new tune.
I had issues.
Cave time helped h. & me.
Pizza nite ... nope changed my mind. Sat. H brought take out.
I worked on sewing on my fabric pile.
More rain in the forecast for the next week here.
Will post in j & c.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:24 am

just a quick hi - HI! wishing you all the best
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:32 am

Good morning everyone! Yesterday's Girls Night Out was close to predicted. I was able to convince DD16 to eat soup and rice at home. Instead of homework (which she didn't have), she wanted to sleep! I think her body is still recovering from Tuesday's procedure. While she did that, I processed a LOL, balanced the checkbook, and worked one and only one computer jigsaw. I took my cue from her and went to bed at a reasonable hour.

This morning I was shockingly early for carpool, despite having the extra chore of dealing with Briggs' meds and food. He wants to eat his regular dry food and is not eating the canned or the dry soaked in water. He did get a bite of the dry by chasing Lara away from it.

Tonight is Knitters' Night Out at a local yarn store, but I will not be there. I need to get meds in the cat around 6 pm AND that would make it a late night when there are better uses of my time. At 2:25 this afternoon, I must remember to check Traveling Companion Friend into her rescheduled flight.

My big things are: animal org minutes and notes, update church website for next week, maybe MBR closets. I am enjoying my remodeled MBR so much that I want to finish it completely. Except for painting - I really cannot do that right now. The little things are: swap out a LR and MBR light and process some magazines.

My new tune for Nancy is Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It"!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:51 am

No it isn't your fault... d nancy. I think you can say you offered and he didn't want it - but you have worked hard to give him his favourites - in a kind but firm way when it happens next time and tell him where the hamburger meat is if he wants to make himself one. He is more than capable. I am sorry he got snitty with you. Is something else going on for him that he got cranky. Can you today say it really bothered you. I am sorry.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”