Finishing Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Finishing Friday

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:23 pm

I'm easily entertained.
oh my gosh - me too :lol: :lol: :lol:
it is always a joy to be here with you!

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:35 pm

I guess I could say that I finished a project started on 2 November 2017 when I challenged myself to go out first thing every morning for a two mile (or more) run. That encouraged me to make better food choices and I am now one pound lower than my final goal weight. This is such a blessing. Even though this has been an emotionally rough week for me for other reasons, I have a feeling of well-being. I can check this off my list and concentrate on other things. Thanks to Harriet for posting the health challenge in the Healthy Habits thread. Thanks also to Lynlee for mentioning chia seeds which reminded me that I used to drink chia fresca when I had the running habit in the past. And thanks to Kathryn for mentioning her reflective vest. I bought one and could then leave before sunrise on my run during the winter months.
Hope everyone else has some satisfying finishes to report.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:06 pm

Just finished a LOOOOOONG meeting. It was really only an hour, but not terribly productive for me. Gotta do it though. Back to determining if we have clients assigned to inactive or deleted warehouses or sites.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:40 pm

hi dear kitty.
well done it is such a blessing!

d elizabeth I am glad the meeting is over for now. wish it worked out to be more productive.

house blessing and misc. things done.
landscape is finished by company
couch and chairs are gone.
listed spending
flip flopped laundry
folded laundry
swish and swiped bathrooms - oh dh and his inability to see his mess.
I still need to put away the vacuum cleaner.

dd younger had a great visit with a friend.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:20 pm

More than good for you, RunKitty. May you be an inspiration for many of us. My health alone should be motivation enough but I seem to be struggling with that 'crave to eat' so much of the time now. I think I get discouraged because it seems that when I even eat the right amount of food, I'm not losing. I know I need to exercise more but my knees are often a problem and I also know that more weight equals more problems with said knees. I'll get there yet!!

Just happened to look at the Masters golf tournament and texted dh the guy we know is in first place right now. Know his grandparents have to be very proud about now, even if he doesn't end up at the top. DS-R has played with him more than once. Just sayin' ;)
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:18 pm

I haven't CUOPed, just got in. I had lunch w dfriend M at a new Mediterranean restaurant/grocery - we both had falafal and it was good.

I went to dmom's then. I'm nearly at the point that the real junk is out, although I keep making more passes through and am getting more ruthless as far as throwing things out. Meeting both dnephews tomorrow to see what else they want, I need dd to do that also and take the china home with her. I also contacted the dumpster people and am keeping it another week, and the guy to fix the broken glass pane is coming on Tuesday, I think.

I came home in the rain, accidents galore, street construction, it took forever. I think dh is going on to services at temple. I don't have any interest in going and don't smell particularly nice.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:34 pm

I'm back from walking the dog at the bass hole and got rocks to paint. Got them washed. My rock buckets have been restocked. Glad to get that done before it started to rain again. Neighbors up the street and down the street trying to mow.

It is raining again hens are out. H called while I was out I asked him to bring home Arby's.

I am about to head to the sewing she-cave.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:47 pm

Thanks, blessed and Dee. I would love to be an inspiration. It is definitely worth the effort to lift the weight off your mind as well as off your body.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:11 pm

Friday is well finished. Unpacked new winter sheets as prep to wash them last night,

Saturday is started. What is that mix of cloud to do? Holding off washing sheets will probably hold off any liquid falling from above clouds.

You know I mentioned 2nd instalment of ex cyclone Iris being too far south to be over warm enough water to regenerate? It is steadily heading north west so next week will be telling its future, again, it is a perhaps.
My sympathy to those still having a taste of winter weather. Is it complimentary to our weather?

Dressed. Primed. bfst is next.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:43 pm

Hello. Busy busy day again. I finished my garage work except for one small spot I may not be able to do much with anyway, and my 3 drawer cabinet which I'll do tomorrow. The garage will be done then.

2 phone calls, caught up with family. Very nice. Also heard from friend while driving along doing errand for DH. We are meeting, 3 friends together, on Monday for brunch. 3rd friend is going to be moving away to Tampa to be closer to family. Sad for the 2 of us who are left behind, but it will be better for her.

House is showing the neglect. At least I got kitchen cleaned up after dinner. Laundry is done but it isn't folded and put away.

Really tired. Think it'll be an early night.

Return to “Post When You Can”