Finishing Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Finishing Friday

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:19 am

Hello each and everyone of you - I have started so late so I haven't been able to read how you all are doing today. I am still tired. I woke up tired. ;) hoping no migraine - usually that happens on tired mornings. (be positive - and it won't happen ??? 8-) )
as I did not do any house blessing snippets this week I will have to pay the consequence of doing my whole home blessing today. (otherwise everything looks horrible and it affects my self esteem.
today the upholsterer is coming to pick up couches and chairs so putting things together is first and foremost

today:
routines - morning done :D - also dinner routine
house blessing
BWP: purse :D and car
zone: nothing
project: I don't think I can do that today but yesterday I bought the tacky cloth, wall paper paste remover - I can't get the remainder of the paste off - also bought wall putty for laundry room and front room.
pool - I need to clean it before the season - I bought algae killer and liquid bleach so that starting next week I can use the machine. (we didn't cover the pool last summer.
dejunk one thing.

time for music
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:42 am

Spent the last couple of hours working on that one project. Think I have it finished to our satisfaction. Going to the post office soon and mail the resulting forms to dh by priority mail. It's been on my mind pretty much non-stop for days. I've attempted putting it together numerous times. Was determined today to keep at it until it was done and ready to be mailed.

Dee it's snowing here and there are numerous road closures due to accidents down towards Fort Erie. I wonder how it is on your side of the border.
Looks like it's pretty much 'frozen mix' up home right now, Cathy. Dsonil did send a picture of all the snow yesterday. Said when he turned one corner his tail end came around on him. He's not at all used to driving in snow or ice. And he's been freezing ever since he left March 16th. It's been an unusually constant freeze up there. Usually by this time of year it's up and down. It was tremendously windy yesterday and dh said they had numerous fire calls -mostly for wires down but also a tree on a house. One thing dsonil is realizing is that when they have a hurricane or tornado here it's over with in a relatively short time. Up home, it can go on for a day or days.

Guess I'll push myself out the door and get on to my errands.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:51 pm

I am so tired. I know there is a headache somewhere just waiting to take me away from my work and you all.

I wasn't going to get s2s but after listening to flylady Kat I decided I better. I didn't want to do anything but my morning routine is done.
kitchen house blessing (not the tuesday version) done - surface done

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:01 pm

hi d dee yay on your project work!!! - (tell that job you will get to it another day or time 8-) )
stay safe with the weather and while you do your errands.

Hi d elizabeth
(((your sweet dd))) glad she rested.
have fun at your knitter's night out!

Hi d Cathy.
stay safe yourself in the bad weather! wishing you a great day

hi d lynn
summer blanket and quilt cover washed, dried, folded and refolded to fit in the away bottom drawer. yay!
library books are bagged, ready to return tomorrow. yay
I managed the 3k walk again, yay

Good Morning Donna
yay on all your work!!!
can't wait until I hear about your adventure cleaning in your coat closet. I will cheer you on as you work.

hello to all. I can't see everyones progress - my computer won't let me go back further. mmmm hope you all are having a great day.
lunch time

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:07 pm

Things are going well here. At least for me.

We got the keys. Every room in the apartment is smaller than I imagined. But it is very bright and relatively clean. The kitchen is horrid but it is what it is and I've bought things to make it better and it has a lovely window in it.

The kitchen and living room windows overlook a stretch of grass so the kids could go out and play there safely and be in mom's line of sight.

There are no draperies. It is things like knowing this, that would have been useful (W&R's apartment came with blinds.)

But that's nothing to the internet situation. That task belongs to the other team. No-one on the other team informed the person doing that about the apartment change. Internet is now installed in the wrong building and apartment. Sigh.... I felt bad for him when he called me looking for a key and I had to tell him the task wasn't done yet.

Here is the list of the 'things working out extremely well':

1. I just swapped a refugee bookcase with the video bookcase that won't fit. So now I have two large bookcases for the boys.

2. Came upstairs from doing that task and received an email saying "would you like this bookcase?" from a friend moving out. Yes, please! So now I have another bookcase.

3. Went to pick up the car. I had ordered a full-size but it didn't sound large. The man so my face and offered me a Grand Caravan at the same rate. Yes please! Best of all, he gave me the fully loaded one with a button to push to open the lift gate. Since this is moving, I'm thrilled. As well, it seats 7 so I can take the whole family in the van at one time! I'm pretty well over the moon about this!

I'm going to make myself a big lunch now and then we'll go for a walk to run some errands. I'm only at 4K steps for the day. I guess I wasn't moving steadily enough at the dollar store.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:15 pm

Blessed the is what I said - lol. The can of Chef Boy R Dee is on the counter now lol! I do not lime that. I have a pain hemrroid is acting up shoulder is sore aches and other pains happen. :roll: Trying to move o and not let it drag me down. H did apologize.

I walked the ddog, then let hens out to get worms, did a rock drop. Painted a few rocks. Painted the next part of the stool I am working on. Su is trying to peek out so next up considering going to the bass hole to collect a few more rock to paint.

Keys are missing for the truck I hunted mine up. The other key ring I thought would turn up this week but it has not.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:51 pm

Making progress on the proxy report. It is both more and less work than I anticipated. Less in that I don't have to deal with condensing a list. More in that I need to add an unanticipated filter (done) and a new table (after lunch).

blessedw2: Positive thinking is no defense against a migraine or anything else. Take meds at the earliest sign it is coming. Positive thinking is a philosophy whose only purpose is to allow others to blame YOU for your misfortunes, even when they are not under your control. It is extremely cruel. Don't buy in.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:17 pm

oh d elizabeth -oh no- you are so sweet! - I was just hopeful - not serious about positivity - more hopeful that the migraine leaves me alone - I took meds already - thank you!!! I am a big believer of getting a head of the pain after dd youngers illness and migraines. I am and was hopeful that it wouldn't hit me today so I could get something done. (or I sleep all day). Thank you! I remember people being up set with me because they thought I was making it up. volunteering was hard. dd younger has the same thing but worse - because others think it's in her head but when she slurs her speech because of a migraine or pain they know something is wrong but not how wrong things are going in her body. Just because you don't look physically sick or differently abled they think its false.

lol on the chef boy r dee d nancy ! wonderful that he apologized - sometimes things happen (crankiness) that one doesn't have anything to do with - you just happened to be in the way at the moment. hope your soreness goes away fast. hope you find the other keys

yay on things going well for you d kathryn . hope the internet is set up in that building soon. I wish you a wonderful day
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
still tired but took meds so that is keeping migraine in the background.
worked in front room for 2 x 15 minutes - vacuumed, swiffer dusted, moved the furniture - chairs and cushions- to be picked up to the front hall and the couch is still in the front room.
dining room - had to do 20 minutes :shock: :D in dining room rather than the 15 minute home blessing
- landscape people are here - I had planned on 10 minutes outside but they are working on spring clean up yay!

next on the house blessing tour.
swish and swipe surfaces in bathrooms - nothing grand
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 pm

Had so much of a boost when the sun came out it helped. Walked ddog to the corner, watching little women newer version. :mrgreen:

Painted more on the stool. I am very pleased with the stones I painted today.
This past week I gdrabbed the wrong brand of mayo it is more of a yellowish hue than we are acustomed to. Drat.

I have stuff thawing for what I want to eat wondering how much hot wayer I would he in if I made a pizza personal size. Not the right kind of cheese in the house.

I did 15 min. Outside swept the driveway and weeded on the side yard hens have been rounded up and are back inside the run, I collected eggs. Ddog is outside enjoying the say w sun now. Lunch is over.

Found more to paint on the stool, that is drying and I will do more in a bit it is drying now.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:54 pm

Have been working on a list of possible doctors/hospitals for an insurance broker. He had given a couple of suggestions for health insurance, but one he had mentioned is definitely out as, at least, our cardiologist doesn't take that insurance. Feel good that I've at least gotten this far with it. Going to let it sit for a bit just to make sure I don't think of others that should be on there.

Had to laugh -got a 'quote' from an insurance company down here (supposedly saving us money) for our car -a 2001 Dodge caravan. First we've never owned a 2001 vehicle (we did have a 2007 Town & Country) and we now have a 2015 Chrysler 200. AND the cost of that policy was exactly what the other company would have charged us for 6 months for the 2001. :lol: I'm easily entertained.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”