Slice of Life Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lynlee

Re: Slice of Life Sunday

Postby Lynlee » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:30 pm

Monday almost 8.30.
breakfast done.
yoga stuff packed. 10 - 15 min to 'leaving time'
dishes caught up - bfst too if I get busy.

so impressed with all you all are doing.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:02 pm

Dgd stopped by and gave me a heads up before hand so I spiffed up the kitchen. She said where she is considering community collage with other gpa in the next state over. In 2 yrs. So this could change.

Gave dgd ear rings garnets birthstone that were moms they had the same birth month, and 2 rings for dil that had same birth month, as my sis.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:55 pm

I had my short nap and then a long lay in or I started the nap later than I thought. Dd called and I talked with her. She needs me tomorrow for a hospital appointment for dgs. A failure of our medical system. She asked a question of his doctor ("when will the facial birthmarks fade?") and the doctor said she'd look into it and then let dd know she has an appointment with a pediatric dermatologist! It was a simple question, not a request for medical intervention so she phoned the GP to explain that and they said to keep the appointment anyway. I'll be going in with them this time so I can visit with dgs during the waiting times.

After that call it was 6:40 so time got away from me!

We went out and gassed up the rental car, then picked up pizza and watched an episode of TV while we ate.

I'm catching up on email now.

Slice of life:

Dd thought the appointment was in a few weeks on April 9 and couldn't understand why her phone was giving her 24 hours notice!

This evening I got an email about the celebration of life I'm presiding at in May. The son thought he had lots of time, but now realizes we have a week now, then he's out of town for 2 weeks, and then it is too late to plan anything. So he's asking if I can meet this week.

That's two unexpected additions to this week's calendar in 4 hours, both from people thinking it is still March. I blame our March-like weather for confusing people.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:25 pm

That "March like weather" also has had dsonil in a tailspin. Remember he's a "Florida Cracker" and he's not been warm since he left to go north March 16th. At this point he told dd earlier today that "I'm ready to quit". She told her Ddad as she knew they were spending the afternoon together. Dh was able to pump him up a little and showed him the 10-day forecast. Not going to be stellar but at least starting to warm up. DD was talking (here) with dsonil's artist friend and she said dsonil had sent her pictures of the snow. In return she was sending him pics of our beautiful sunshine and high temps. DD asked her not to send him any more as she was having a difficult time with him about all this and that she's working 3 jobs to make up the deficit of his not working since last October. Evidently DS-R and family keep their house cooler and dsonil hasn't been able to warm up there either. Dh said the water would probably be turned on in the campground this Wednesday. Then dsonil can stay with him and maybe they'll at least be warmer in the camper. We'll see.

DS-R left with other church members today to travel to Houston on a mission trip. He's done something of this nature at least once every year ever since Katrina hit. Think he went to New Orleans either 2 or 3 years. Know he's always had a giving heart.

See 'our guy' won the Masters golf tournament today. His Grandpa, very close friend of ours, has to be over the moon. We've been kind of watching this young man, now 27, grow up a little each year and not be so full of himself I think. DD and I watched the final holes, though we're not normally 'golf watchers'.

Time to hit the hay. Be back tomorrow. (Thank you for your comment, Harriet, BTW).
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:38 pm

I had a nap today too. Made a walking stick today. Had my dinner. H is on his own. We discussed this at breakfast and made the pkan so he knows.

Ddog fed herself from her food I had in my pocket hanging on the exercise bike when dgd was here too funny we all laughed! I had that vest on when I laid down to nap and ddog nussled under the blanket I gave her 3 dog food pieces then she laid down on the floor & napped too.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:38 pm

Hello to all! Normal Sunday here.
Good thing: dmom attended church morning AND evening today! Amazing!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”