Marching Forward Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Re: Marching Forward Monday

Postby Lilac » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:31 pm

A quick check in, we leave tomorrow to head to Nashville. In the last week, I have read 2 books, cleaned the house and have all the laundry current. Tonight I still need to clean my bathroom, iron my clothes and pack. After dh picks out his clothes, i will pack him. Guess I better get busy.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:11 pm

lilac lovely to see you

hello everyone
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:14 pm

I am proud of myself - even though I am exhausted and not feeling great I emptied the dw and refilled it. I have one pot to be washed

I cheated tonight on a junk dinner even though I made a nice healthy dinner for everyone else :shock: and tomorrow is ww

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:10 pm

Hope you have a safe and fun trip, Lilac! I hope you can check in with us while you’re traveling!
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:59 pm

bedtime was midnight.
Something that went bump in the night had me walking around in the dark, looking about and out, as much as I could in the dark, not finding the cause.
That had me wide awake
then reading long into the morning,
waking intermittently,
and finally it was 9.45am.
I can't account for many hours sleep even so, especially not solid in a stretch sleep.

washing is on the line.
Into winter sun is in the north enough I needed to find shade for the elastin mix tshirts.
There is a ping in the sun.
I'm guessing the washing will be dry

Today is my at home day.
If anything is to happen here, today is a day for it.
Its also bin day.
maybe there will still be a few up on flyers to work with.
Junk mail/ free newspaper etc needs out, read or not.

The excyclone Iris is up near eastern tip of PNG, still under watch, as it may try for another spin at 'fun'.
Fiji is being hit for the 2nd time in a week.
Wondering if this will translate to increased gulf activity for you in US next season.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:38 pm

hi d lynlee

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:55 pm

Harmony, I'm sorry to hear your friend will be moving away. No fun when you are 10 years old and no fun any later, either. Hope you can manage to keep in touch. How is Mr. Harmony's hand?

I had to nap. Ds called just after and said he had expected it because my weekend was so full. I'll need to hop in bed soon because he arrives with toddlerC at 7:30 a.m. and I usually like to have breakfast over by then.

I got the kitchen evening dailies done and realized I should have done an earlier load in dishwasher - that would have helped me, what with so much already being dirty and then company today expecting more cooking. Sigh.

Hope Lara feels better, Elizabeth.

I always like to think a bump in the night is just something that fell, Lynlee. Of course, sometimes it's something that fell on the roof or outside somehow, so I never figure it out. A loud bump recently was a bird of all things flying into the side of the house when it was spooked out of a tall bush.

Have fun, Lilac! I hope all the music and show(s) are great.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:19 am

I'm still up.

Hi, Harriet. DH's finger is still gashed open. It no longer bleeds and I put betadine on it every night and a fresh bandage covered with waterproof tape. But the gash is 3/4 the length of his ring finger and open wide, almost as if a chunk of skin is missing. I'm sure he should have had stitches or at the least we should have closed with steri-strips. But by the time he got through working that day and came home, it was swollen and the skins couldn't be matched up.

I told him he is set up for a huge wide scar that is likely to be stiff. Of course he isn't listening to me.

Of concern also is his neck which is stiff and sore also and his shoulder. I believe his shoulder is better but I believe he wrenched his neck from the fall. When it happened he wrapped his finger in paper towels and electrical tape and kept working, though it continued to bleed and he just kept covering it with more...

What can I say? Wouldn't do any good anyhow, whatever I say...

My friend is moving all the way to Baltimore to be closer to her daughter; too far for me to ever likely be able to visit. I told her she can vacation here whenever she wishes as I have an extra bedroom. She said she has had several offers.

I hope to get more accomplished tomorrow than I did today.
Last edited by Harmony on Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:23 am

(((Harmony)))
I’m so sorry about your friend moving and about Mr Harmony's injury!

I finally did go out and walk a mile, but unfortunately, I’ve eaten enough that I could have walked 10 miles and it wouldn’t be enough.
Laundry is done, except for changing sheets.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”