Marching Forward Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Marching Forward Monday

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:32 pm

The school called and said DGD6 had an accident. I went to school and picked her up. There were only 30 minutes of school left in the day so I just signed her out instead of taking her dry clothes.

DGD6 will be staying with us for a bit. Not sure how long. Things are rocky between DD and DSIL and DD wants DGD6 to be away from the strife. I have a feeling that DGD6 accident today was from anxiety.

After school snacks have been served. It is a beautiful day here with bright sunshine so the kids are outside playing.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:07 pm

sweet girl (())
glad you are there to give her love d lady
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:08 pm

cleaned out oven well and under the oven and on top as well. It took an hour and some!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:15 pm

Oh my, I am definitely NOT marching forward At All today.

And you know what? I think it is all b/c I did not do my night time/bedtime routine. Went to bed without preparing for the day, woke up knowing I was not prepared, and I just lay there and did NOTHING for soooo long. Slept... listened to radio... played on the phone. :oops: :roll: Just stupidity.
A good example of WHAT NOT TO DO!

Then -- dfriend -- the elderly lady who recently went through bankruptcy -- called, and she wanted dh & me to look at a letter she got from her mortgage company, so I had to get up -- but no time to s2s --
Spent time talking with her... piddled around and FINALLY s2s --
Then dmom called and I talked to HER on the phone for about an hour... shaking my head...
I am FINALLY s2s + washed my hair -- and I have a load of clothes in the washer. But it has been a pretty much wasted day for me.
I will go to J&C and explain why FB has been taking up so much of my time though. Prayers needed for a friend here.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:22 pm

Before we could leave for T S, a phone call from the in-law relative who has not been making me happy lately. (I'll spare you. You're welcome.) We had to hurry back for that visit, which lasted too long and ended up with us surprised to be cooking a late lunch that wasn't healthy, really. So then it was 5:00 and my day was spent on... ... what? Could have had a lot done by now. I always think I want more time with HRH, but his priorities are different (or, more accurately, he doesn't know about my priorities). And days that had a chance of being nice for us because he was going to be home with me, turn out to be less than expected, or even turn into minuses that make the rest of my week rushed.

One odd plus, I guess, was that I happened upon 2 ideal lawn chairs while out and bought them. Because I was with HRH we were already in the truck rather than having to come back later, so they are home in the yard. Tada.

Oh, a funny! Ddil was at a discount quantity warehouse stocking her pantry and came upon recliners at the moment an employee was marking them down. :shock: She was convinced they were a great deal. She asked the employee to hang on a minute, pulled out her credit card and asked how she could buy 2 right then. They took the tags to a register and while on the walkie-talkie the employee got others to start loading the 2 onto a dolly. By the time ddil got back to the area there was a frenzy for the recliners but hers were being trundled away with SOLD tags. Ds got a VERY unusual phone call from her: "Bring the truck, it's a recliner emergency!" :lol: He says the way he's sure they were a good purchase is that at 2:00 the next morning he woke up in one, looked over and saw her asleep in the other.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:01 pm

I prepared the kids dinner and delivered to them outside. They were playing Kiing on the Mountain when I called to them and let them know their Hot Dog and drinks were in the gazebo waiting for them. They were a couple of happy kids when they saw their meal. I love love LOVE this beautiful weather!

I have 4 garden hoses stretched out on the driveway. I want to let the sun soften them up so I can roll them up easily so they look neater. We don't need 4 garden hoses at each watering point. I don't know how we ended up with so many at that one faucet. Just because the hose holder is big enough to accommodate them doesn't mean they all need to be there!

My dinner is roasted chicken, sweet potatoes, homemade salsa, petite carrots, celery sticks cherry tomatoes, mini bell peppers and homemade mayo with 5 pepper seasonings. I have been experimenting with making mayo from Olive Oil. OH MY! I had no idea mayo could taste so good and be sooooo creamy smooth. DS9 said he is never eating anything else. LOL I doubt that but it was a confirmation that it wasn't just my taste buds that thought it turned out good.
1. Know what you want.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:32 pm

I just did my first OA cold phone call. I have been too big of a chicken to do it until now. Guess what? IT WAS AWESOME!! Talking to another person that totally gets my struggles with overeating. It was as if I found an instant new best friend. Maybe this was beginners luck but now I am looking forward to the next call. Did those words come out of MY mouth? I am looking forward to talking on the phone????

One of the local school (5 miles away) has voted to return to school on Wednesday. Not sure if any of the other schools are doing that so it might not be a sign of the end of teachers walk-out. Our local school has continued to have school but the teachers are rotating in going to the state capital to participate in the walk-out. About 20% of the teachers are at the capitol while the other 80% are taking care of business at the school. My heart continues to hurt for these brave professionals that are in a horrible situation in our state.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:02 pm

I am happy to write that when hubby could not get to the tool box I briught out the step stool and squeezed in the canopy, we had some stuff loaded in it, I got it. He got the mower oil changed and going so I mowed the front yard yea! Dinner is in the oven. Glad for the progress.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:08 pm

I have started watching a Netflix show series that appalls me the same time it fascinates me. What will she do next? It is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. Part of me insists that it isn't worth watching but the other part of me wants to know what happens so I keep watching it. I tell myself it is because of the intrigue that I keep watching. It is not kid-friendly (rated TV-MA). I have a love/hate relationship with the Doctor Foster series! I highly recommend that you watch it. Uhhhmmm I mean....NO!!! Don't watch it!! **sigh** I stink at writing reviews.

The kids are inside the house now and watching their allotted time of screens. DGD6 bedtime is in 30 minutes. After playing outside for hours I think they will both sleep well tonight.
1. Know what you want.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:19 pm

A very successful day but I'm afraid I still have to be 'on'.

After dropping of dd and dgs, I went over to the people who hosted the refugees for almost 2 weeks before the apartment was ready to drop off a thank you card. Then, since they live a block away from the car wash, I did this week's car wash.

Got home five minutes faster than I told dh to expect me and within 55 minutes we were sitting down to a real cooked dinner (you know the kind with ingredients and steps), sweet and sour pork.

It was very good and we enjoyed it while watching Designated Survivor (not on Netflix but Crave - a Netflix like service with TV shows from Canada's CTV catalog. Unlike LadyM, we have only love for this series and recommend it.

Since the episodes run 45 minutes and eating usually takes about 15, I had dh bring me the mending pile and I mended, finishing just as the episode ended.

So it has been an incredibly efficient and productive day but:

The bed remains unmade so that awaits plus I need to get a residents' association newsletter tonight.

But first, I'm trying to get in 2 miles on the treadmill before 9. I'm exhausted so not moving too fast.

Heard an ad on the radio for a private trainer gym so looked into it this evening. It is just over a mile away and has good reviews. So now I need to push myself to walk over and look into it further. Not sure when I'll have the time to do that. Not this week.

Return to “Post When You Can”