Marching Forward Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Marching Forward Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:02 pm

LOL, Harriet at the new addition to your home!
still has a larger "footprint" than I thought). So, their family decided we should keep it here, for the days I have her! :o What have I done?

I'm going two steps forward and three back with my garage. I haven't parked a car in it since I got the new Honda in Feb 2017. First it felt bigger so I didn't want any scrapes. Then we redid our MBR closet, and I stipulated that the stuff that ended up in the garage was not going back in the closet. And I've nearly cleared that away, but the past few months have seen an influx of my mother's things - from her sewing machine last June, to comic books and the stuff that's coming from her house now. :o

I did the last round and got all those aloe divisions in pots and watered well. I am hoping some will survive my neglect. Of course, the whole thing was overgrown and dry when it came from my dmom's last summer too. I will give each dcousin that I see in the next months a division of it if they want it, since it was dmom's.

Online test coming up at noon.

This time around:
-two more thank you notes
-return email re genealogy logo
-Clean out middle row of my car (how do you eat an elephant....little bites!)
-15 min of filing
-also file dd's tax return

I am hoping to leave here around two p.m. and visit dmom before I head to K-town. I'm leaving plenty of time for this first trip.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:07 pm

Good morning! Our server is marching BACKWARD today! I can make no progress whatsoever until it is fixed. Not only can I not run reports, I cannot even upload them. My first task of the day was supposed to be simple, but simply can't be done yet.

My weekend did not go as planned AT ALL. I was supposed to drop Briggs off at cat clinic, then take my traveling companion friend (TCF) to lunch then the airport. She got sick again and had to re-reschedule her flight. xBFF, with whom she stays, was leaving town for a wedding and her daughter was mid-science fair competition. TCF needed babysitting, but I had to pick up cats, then later DD16. A pet sitter was coming at 7, but the daughter was not expected until 10 pm, and did not actually return until midnight. As a young adult, I came on my grandfather after his stroke, and then later my grandmother when she died. I did NOT want the daughter to come home to a crisis when her mother was out of town! I convinced TCF to wait in the car while I got the cats, then spend the night at my house. She is better now and went back to where she was staying Sunday. This caused DD and I to miss church for the third week in a row. I don't feel guilty about missing, given the circumstances, but I miss my Sunday School ladies!

During all this, Lara started yowling in pain. Unexpected trip to the vet resulted in a shot of antibiotics and a much happier cat. Missed my friends planner meeting for that.

Even with all this, I managed to get the church website updated on time and the minutes and notes for the animal org done. I did not work on the MBR closets or catch up on the LOLs.

My x's FIL is dying, and he wanted to promise DD that she could take his cat at my house. (The other woman is allergic). He decided to talk to me first. Uh ... yeah, good idea. He knows I am trying to remain an all foster house! The cat is a senior female and possibly underweight and we do not know its FeLV/FIV status or any history. We do know it is friendly to strangers, because DD had it on her lap for quite a while. I am down as the last resort, but will only take the cat as a foster for the org. I hope the x is aware that this is not a favor to him, but to the cat.

We are still waiting on the results of DD's biopsy for celiac.

After all the stress, I used a red box free movie coupon to see Coco, which I enjoyed immensely. Tonight, I expect to go to dinner with TCF. Unless she is sick again. xBFF is back in town, so I won't need to check on her. She was angry at TCF for "leaving her daughter". TCF was not expected to be there this weekend and the daughter would have been alone anyway. Daughter will be 18 in August, so almost adult. She is alone most nights while xBFF is with boyfriend. She has stayed alone while xBFF is out of town for years. TCF needed the babysitter not daughter! However, I will tell xBFF I insisted and she can blame me rather than TCF or the daughter, who was not even consulted.

Sorry this is so long. Can't do much else. I will see if the server is behaving yet. My "five minute task" is up to two hours now.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:49 pm

At lunch. Day is going very well.

At home the bed needs fresh sheets and I have a back up of laundry but that can wait if I am too tired when I get home. . Eight nights on the same sheets is not torture and we have lots of clean clothes left.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:15 pm

Have s2s done. Made a phone call after looking up that number. I dumped the trash, and taken stuff out of fridge before trash day.
I have swept the driveway deck carport and steps. Waiting for a painted stone to dry. Put emergency food in 2 rigs. A plan for dinner would be good. Ddog just got a snack out of my vest pocket again lol. It is up to 50* outside feels more like April today here.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:45 pm

I am sooooo relieved. I just finished filing Federal and state income taxes. DONE! BIG SIGH of relief to have this off my to-do list.

Conversations with DH this morning -
Me - are you planning to attend Homeschool COOP today? (they are using real full-size tools and learning to build things)
DH - No, I need to do several errands for the church.
Me - Okay. I'll do it. If you could do it then I was going to work on our taxes. But, I'll just file for an extension on our taxes. That won't be a problem.
.....insert an hour of me homeschooling DS9.....
DH - I can do the Homeschool Coop this morning.
Me - Are you sure?
DH - Yes, I'll do the church errands after Coop is over.

End result......I had 3 hours alone and all the taxes are done!!!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:04 pm

yay!!!! d lady on finishing your taxes!

hi d elizabeth

added up my cc bill :shock: paid the airline stuff off
wrote the company that delivers food about a almost $10 discrepancy
ordered groceries bc I don't have a car - dh took it in.
morning routine done, including s2s and perfume, except for swish and swipe.

trying not to make my work too big - I have been seeing it larger than it actually is by using perfectionism. (that doesn't get the work done).
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:22 pm

Hello! I guess I am moving forward...not exactly marching...but progress nonetheless. The garbage people were just here and the stuffed can is gone. I went to brunch this morning with 2 of my friends and ran errands on the way and afterward.

I drove through the bank drive-in on the way. Then afterward I went to the thrift with a bin so heavy I could almost not get it loaded into the car this morning. Then I went to the building supply resale place and dropped off the 2 big china sinks. I dropped off 2 books at the library outside bin.

I've done some work for DH. Some desk chores done before I left too.

My 1 friend is moving away in August. She is cleaning out 37 yrs of accumulating stuff in her house so they can stage and sell it. I imagine it's a big job. I'm feeling a bit sad, I'm going to miss her. She is a sweet person.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:36 pm

At hospital clinic now. Dgs was asleep but woke up when moved to the car. Once I released him from the stroller he walked me back to the main hall and stood in front of the bathroom door and signed potty!

Communications are not his problem.

<later>

Done appointment and snack time. He's off for another potty break, then we'll head home. We are in rush hour now.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:20 pm

I am back from doing a rock drop, decluttered one item and store run to the small local grocery. Lunch is done. I seamed up a fabric bag. Hens are out for their free range time now.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:55 pm

I've been working on odds-n-ends catching up some lose ends.
** Cancelled DH acupuncture appoint for Thursday. He has surgery on Wednesday and the thought of needles while having stitches don't seem to go together.
** Set an appointment for me to get a massage on Thursday. Our health insurance will pay for a massage if it also includes a chiropractor adjustment. I've been meaning to do this but keep forgetting to try. There are 2 local massage people so I want to try them both and then decide which one does best for me.
** Made arraignments for DS9 to stay on Wednesday while DH has surgery.
** Updated the calendar to include a couple of new repeating events. We went to our first Arts & Craft event on Saturday and it was a total WIN so we will be doing that each month. Also, we will be trying out another new repeating event "Science Saturday" and if it is good we will be attending it each month also. The science event requires a 2 hour drive so I found it on google maps and sent the link to my phone.

The emotions continue to be high relating to the teacher walk-out in our state. There are strong opinions on all sides. Our local FB group has managed to remain civil......barely. It is emotionally exhausting as the various sides fight for their opinion to rule. I am trying to stay away from it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”