Marching Forward Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Marching Forward Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:22 am

Last night Kathryn mentioned that her dd and another person had "misthought" that this month was still March. The month seems to have zoomed by most of us - for me, it was grief about my dbro, and then mother in hospice.

In addition, March-like weather seems to be prevailing, with snow still coming down in some areas. I was freezing all weekend, here, although the high was probably around 50 degrees I couldn't get warm.

So lets "March Forward" and enjoy the month of April. Soon enough, we'll have warmth, perhaps too much, and we'll be firmly heading into another month.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Marching Forward Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:13 am

I have another busy, but more enjoyable day. At noon I have a "test" discussion group for the certification group that will meet at noon on coming Mondays and this afternoon I head to Knoxville for a program at the east TN history center.

My head is kind of reeling with "stuff" that I need to do/should do today before I take off.

Organizing my thoughts:
-finish repotting aloe plants
-filing
-file dd's tax return
-unload my car, I brought stuff home from mother's yesterday
-thank you notes
-reschedule window guy at dmom's house to tomorrow afternoon or later in the week
-what else?

And before I sit here and get sucked into the internet:
-breakfast and meds
-refill meds boxes
-clear kitchen counters
-make the bed
-get dressed, brush teeth, wash face and clean up

Walking the dog is after this round.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:17 am

I have marched softly around the yard and collected worms for hens in the morning, we are getting a few more signs of spring each week. Today bs is better yea! We have 43* - 65* sunny day this Monday is a great start of a new week.

I need to finish the home blessing. I have groc. List made out and in my purse.
Need to s2s and move forward with my day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:32 am

Glad that Nancy is here, I was starting to think the entire village had slept in after a busy weekend! :lol:

I did that five, except I walked the ddog instead of making the bed.

Yesterday I sold another $100 of stuff at my mother's. I haven't even covered the cost of the dumpster, but that's alright. I'm just happy to get things out of there. It's sad - these things they collected gave them a lot of enjoyment and that's how I should see it, not feeling so sad for selling everything off in bulk. I brought home three little pieces of furniture yesterday that dnewphews/wives didn't want: a small cute side table (needs to be repaired and joints tightened) a small bookcase (solid, but needs repainting) and a stool - similar to a piano stool - it was in my paternal grandmother's house. The "cushion" is torn and had been recovered at some point in some plastickly stuff, but I can take that off and clean up and use a nice linen for the top.

This time:
-clean out front seat of my car
-make the bed
-two thank you notes
-call window guy re mother's window that needs repair
-line up pots that I have for repotting the aloe plant - it's a good thing this plant is sturdy.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:57 am

my body is still waking up with coffee but as soon as this body wakes up I will be moving forward!

hi and thank you for starting us d twins!have a great day! best wishes as you have your discussion with test group

hi d nancy! have a great day!

hello to all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:59 am

Marched out the door and am back for a moment.

Spent a long time on my bullet journal doing planning this morning.

Lost my cell phone but figured it was in the rental car so let it go until I was ready to do the return.

Moved the donation stuff and things to return to our locker out of the apartment.

Got out the door at 10, the phone was between the seat and the console and screen was still on but I have 70% power left, so enough to get through today (plus there's a charger in the car.)

Returned the rental car, put the donations into our car and I tidied it up and organized it just now. The stroller is back in because I need it for today.

I'm going to water the plants and then march out of here again:

The remaining marching orders:

Drop off donations
Pick up dd's fertility meds
Go to mattress store to order futon mattress (tried to order online last night, no good ones in stock)
Go for lunch near dd's
Pick up dd and dgs for hospital appointment

I think that's everything but will have my planner and tablet with me in case I need to do more work.

My phone just buzzed so I'm going to poof!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:05 am

today: dh is taking my car in for the front brakes - last week they did the back breaks. (they didn't have a long enough time to do both last week).

truth and consequences: :lol: Truth: last night I left ALL the dirty dishes out and did not clean my sink, my counters or the stove!!!
Consequences: instead of starting my day clear I have to wash dishes and pots that have had time to harden over night. :shock: It will take me so much longer to wash them.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
(oh well can't go backwards :D )

I looked at the tv schedule and there is absolutely nothing on that I am interested in - my goal is not even turn it on as there is nothing that interests me and i would love to do handwork or read.

3 layer cake:
1. routines
2. BWP - kitchen and laundry room
3. zones:
doing the FL zone this week: kitchen (our zone: desk and another room)

project: front room/living room - almost done with wall paper.

Me time: french 30 minutes
present time: mom work on 10 minutes

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:05 am

hi d kathryn!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:25 am

:!: Yes (re: the surprise of April arriving), this seems to have happened to me, too.
I was only now able to get my monthly document "Eating in (month)" prepared on computer for April. Just have to shake my head that it will start on the 9th. Someday when I look back at these meals (and I do, every once in a while, to find good past examples) I'll just have to smile at "losing" a week of April somehow. I would try to reconstruct what I ate for some of those days, but let's be honest... ... a holiday, then preparing for houseguests, then a bday party? Not going to be my finest hours. ;) I'll just March Forward as Twins' suggests, and start making sure I record some meals that would be good as examples later!

I think both HRH and I slept like rocks last evening. ds' family had come over before dark and we gave toddlerC her gift. It turns out to be very large after her parents built it (like a toy treehouse with different imaginative spaces, so smaller than a dollhouse, and see-through, but still has a larger "footprint" than I thought). So, their family decided we should keep it here, for the days I have her! :o What have I done?

HRH wants me to get ready and go with him to TSupply and get chicken feed. I feel "naked" without having already made lists for grocery or for instance, WMart type shopping as well. Just not prepared but this is the time he has, and he's the one more capable of carrying large feed sacks (also he actually likes the errand IF we go together). This is one of the reasons I lose efficiency, but ... ..maybe worth it. BBL

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:00 pm

hi d harriet

Return to “Post When You Can”