Together Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Together Tuesday

Postby Harmony » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:20 pm

I've been working on the shredding. All afternoon and some this evening. It is tedious work. In going through the bags I discovered charges that were from one of the cards we still currently use. That's bad having those account numbers out and about. And I decided all the health information should be shredded and I came across a huge stack from the year I broke my wrist and DH had shoulder surgery twice and all the physical therapy. So I've determined I will have to go through each and every one of the bags.

I have 3 big tall kitchen garbage bags stuffed full of shreddings. I was going to do the next bag but I saw that it was from the year after the big hurricane and it is huge. It would go faster if I didn't have to stop and take out each and every staple and shred it all a page or two at a time. I don't have a big professional shredder and I have to stop every so often to let it cool down.

I don't know what I'm doing with any of this paperwork, I just figure it out and make it up as I go along. One thing I know, our lives would just grind to a halt if I didn't do something with it all every day. I'd never be able to catch up with this volume if I didn't.

We're still not allowed to burn outside or I might consider that instead. Would have to be faster.

Y'all have a good night.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:29 pm

Top of refrigerator — a collection of bottle and jars, some old, some not.
For example, a couple of old Mason jars and a brown Clorox bottle salvaged from my grandparents’ house before duncle sold it
Not old — a plastic coke bottle that says “Share a Coke with ____ (ddad’s name.)” The summer after ddad passed away, we went to the Braves games and a lady at the concession stand pulled that one out of her ice bucket and handed it to me when I went to buy a coke. I was speechless. And I didn’t even tell her how special it was. :(

Harmony — dmom has a lot of stuff that needs shredding. She says she thinks she’s going to soak whole boxes in Clorox and just take them to the dump. She’s very careful about that kind of thing though, which accounts for a lot of her paper clutter.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:31 pm

dinner made, eaten, put away left overs, cleaned the counters, cleaned the stove, kind of cleaned the sink ;) , and finally got the dishes in dw and turned on, swept the floor, swiffer rinsed the floor :D Yay

d lucy. That is extremely special!

hi d harmony

good night all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:36 pm

tuesday night - read too long. then took wed Tmeds before attempting a couple of hours sleep.
30 min from wake up to otd to catch bus to tai chi. dress bfst face spf
wooh after a week off while instructors plus others were at a training workshop
today was revision, learn new section for 75 min, then do 30 min= 2 complete sets with continuing class.
person I sometimes get a lift with offered me and another person a lift back to our town. I got her to drop me 10 min from home to make for easier intersections turn to deliver other person. There is bike / walk way joining my street to the other side of my block - that is the 3k block I sometimes walk around.
I know it can take a lot of time doing pick ups and drop offs.
lunch is eaten.

Getting help with the floors means most of the floor is kept mostly picked up. Though there may be a collection of shoes in a few places.
Years ago I 'invented' 'Take 5'. Just pick up 5 things and deal with them.
I guess its my version of a 2 min hot spot clearance.
Easy to repeat.
It works when I work it.
Repeat as necessary in multiple spots for a round robin crisis clean, or target a specific spot..

On top of my fridge:
a cloth to collect dust.
I can't reach the electric switch for the fridge, (not even with the broom handle that was the trick w prev fridge)
so I have a power board up there for fridge and a couple of fans, one for kitchen, and another in next room where there are no nearby power point in that room.
a small fan.
multi package of paper towels.
cake tin from DM. and a small cooler on top of that.

Going to catch up on morning readings and prayers, not yet done, then perchance a nap if I'm lucky.
It seems hot inside at 30c/86f. I guess its all relative. I shouldn't complain.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:57 pm

On top of fridge - Cooking vessels that make sense (to me only, I suppose) to keep there. Handled white-glass pot with metal bottom given to me by dear aunt of the daily aprons, since it is so limited in use but pretty to look up and see. Oddly shaped bakeware. Unusual pie plate. Very old tole-painted tin from dfirstmil. Most are there because they are decorative, some bakeware because it's more convenient than the under-stove drawer.

Finally got ahold of asst treasurer who will try to bring me the offering tomorrow. This is by far the longest any offering has been out of my sight - I'm antsy about it. It's great to have another person who will handle picking it up when I can't be there, but I'm pushed back to end of week getting the deposit made, so this hasn't been as satisfactory as I'd hoped.

Today - 6 hours taking care of toddlerC and getting dailies done slowly with her input. A few calls handled. Neighbor dropped by. Reading. In many ways, I am not on my game.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:10 am

Thank you for all the responses of the top of the fridge question. P M routine has been handled. It went very smooth after the work I did earlier in the day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:18 am

Eeek! Been talking to ds on phone and totally forgot sheets are still in a pile on the bed!
Tomorrow is another day.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:04 am

On top of my fridge...ideally it would be nothing, but --- there are things that will not fit in any cabinets: rolls of aluminum foil and waxed paper, large commercial size plastic wrap, and large containers from protein shake mix that dh has filled with pancake mix, flour and splenda. These items are all used frequently, so they are easy to access.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “Post When You Can”