Together Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Together Tuesday

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:12 am

Game time- I saw a post on fb what is on top of your fridge. I will post that here. Instead.
1 tool bucket small planter thingie hold em.
2 soap dish w odds & ends of nails etc.
3 decorative crystal dish & dust.

Spiffy counter under way. Right side done, left side of sink next up.
Next up microwave. Done .
Doing ten in the kitchen now. Yea for progress !

---
I was wondering why Dee put ice cream on her steak then reread it and understood that I had misread it. :lol:

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:16 pm

Top of my fridge:

1. A lazy-suzan with all my tea tins on it (3 types of teas, plus tins for twist ties, bread ties and elastics.)

2. An analog clock in the shape of a cup of tea.

I'm injured. I started in on the bedroom and got it dusted and vacuumed. Also our bathroom floors and mats. In my bathroom, they tiled up the wall 4" but didn't finish the top of tile with sealant or caulking. Under the towel rack it has gone black which I assume is mold. Was scrubbing at it with a brush and the brush slipped off the edge and my middle right-hand finger was torn up on the back near the upper knuckle. It took forever (and me sitting still with my arm up above my head) to stem the bleeding.

Phone call is done, I'm having my lunch now. There's a mess in my bathroom (the soap I put down hasn't been wiped up yet. I got the blood stains off the sink, though. I'll find good solid cleaning gloves when I get home and finish the task.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:31 pm

(K in C) so sorry to read that your are injured.

I've done more on the counters they are good. Top of the fridge cleaning will wait.

I mended a short dog leash and walked ddog to corner w umbrelky bc it has started to rain a bit.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:57 pm

My pupa jobs are hit-or-miss. Sometimes I keep up better than others. I try to keep up the guest bathroom that I use because it is the guest room. My bedroom I do usually before I go to bed. The pick-up in the kitchen happens as part of the morning routine. The family room I keep up as I go and always clear before I go to bed at night. That is my tidiest room. My desk I clear up almost every morning. When I start to neglect spaces it gets really bad in here. And I get sad. Then I'll do a whole house pickup and I'll feel better.

Dee, we might be getting that weather later than you. It's coming down the state. We are cloudy and windy right now.

Yes, I'll miss my friend. But I am happy for her. She bought a condo right across the street from her daughter and a grandchild. Her 1 son is a mile down the road. She will have help as she ages. I wish I could say I'll be in such a situation someday. It would be ideal.

My allergies are messed up. My eyes are gritty, despite washing them out with drops and my nose keeps running. Ak! We need a good steady hard rain and then I need to stay out of the dust.

Trying to decide what to tackle around here today. I've cleared up most of the stuff on my desk, got return package boxed up and to the mailbox, and I've taken another check to the bank. I asked there if they are having any shredding events soon and she said no, not this year. They have a truck come in and for canned goods for charity they will shred your stuff. I will ask my other bank.

My paperwork is just invoices and statements. I don't know why I need to shred things like window bills or Home D statements. There are no SS #'s or tax things or bank account #'s. My spreadsheets and quarterly reports, etc. I keep in a separate place and I don't discard those. Even my business insurance policies are in a different place and I keep those. What does everybody think about all this?

Ok, off to get something more accomplished.

Oh, Nancy, I don't keep anything on top of my refrigerator because then I'd need to drag in a tall step-stool or ladder to reach the top. I do keep one tray there but it is just back from the edge and I can bring that down ok. I use that when I sit in front of the TV with my food. Long time ago I used to keep a big round shallow bowl up there so I could put miscellaneous things I'd come across, but that was just a catch-all so I no longer do that. Well, dust is there and when I clean the top of my cabinets I clean that too. :lol:

Kathryn, sorry about your finger. I hope that isn't "catching" here in our village.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:38 pm

Thank you for the wonderful words in your opening this morning, Twins'. Very comforting thoughts!

When I woke up this morning the sky was overcast and it kept getting darker. The last couple of hours we have had thunderstorms with much needed rain. I'm still hearing thunder in the distance even though the rain has stopped.

Sunday I was so exhausted all I accomplished was to clean out and reorganize the refrigerator and also separated the loads of laundry. I ended up taking a nap late afternoon. Yesterday I got four loads of sheets and towels washed, dried and put away. I still have my clothes and dh's clothes, so two more loads. I will wait until I'm sure the storms are farther away.

My routine:
Bathroom trip first;
Make the bed (dh is usually up first and he straightens his side up);
Get dressed; put clothes from yesterday in hamper;
In kitchen: Let dMinnie out and fix her breakfast. Make my breakfast, (put away any dry dishes in drainer while coffee maker is working, and fill dishpan with hot soapy water), eat then wash up dishes.
Broom sweep floors starting in bedroom, hallway, dining rm., living rm. and kitchen. Wet mop floors twice a week.
From there I move on to laundry if needed, pupa anything on dining room table and in living room if needed. After that I can start on whatever was planned for the day. Sometimes it is a Desk Day, or Outside Yard Day, or Errand Day or just decluttering and reorganizing.

Harmony, I hope you are not feeling as sore as you were. I am sorry your dfriend is moving away. I must have missed hearing about when your dh fell. I hope his finger continues to heal.

Kathryn, sorry you have hurt your hand.

Dh and I had been planning a grocery and pharmacy trip to pick up Rx refills, but decided to put it off till tomorrow when the weather is supposed to be clear. Right now it is time for lunch, then finish my daily routines. And now the thunder sounds closer....
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:21 pm

Dcousin visit was an unqualified success. When dmom finally understood "LeRoy" she looked up at him with such a big grin! His daughter, who drove him, has an unusual name, and in trying to tell dmom who was there dmom remembered her name.

The hospice nurse was coming almost immediately after dcousin left so I stuck around and talked with her while she checked dmom.

I am going to take the thank you notes I wrote yesterday to the mailbox and then take a nap.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:39 pm

On top of our refrigerator:

1. Usually, nothing

2. Occasionally, our cat.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:43 pm

Kathryn, sorry about your finger. I hope that isn't "catching" here in our village.

As long as you all avoid cleaning you should be safe!

I am at the best doughnut shop in the city for a treat since I am on my long walk home. This is about the halfway point.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:08 pm

Lunch is eaten. I could not stomach the vegetables, which is odd, because normally I like them. I am still plagued with inventory issues. I am checking to see if my function is double counting some orders or leaving some out. Driving me bonkers!

The xBFF says she wants to get together more often. Wonder if she means it? She is probably interpreting my taking the other woman's father's cat as a sign I am ready to be best friends with the adulterers. And now we will all sit happily at her dinner table. Nope, still not my friends and never will be. The fact that doing right by the cat also benefits them is just their good luck.

My refrigerator top looks a lot like RunKitty's, containing nothing but the occasional cat. Mine also has dust and cat hair, I'm sure.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:31 pm

I am back from knitting group I was the only one there again this week enjoyed my free coffee and knit up a few rows, collected my thoughts and headed off to tne mart finished groc. Store run. Saw a friend and we will meet for a chat latef in the week. Her mom passed this winter.
Lunch is over.

I need to get a bag of donations ready to drop off on my next trip to town.
Back from my walk with ddog, hens are out for free range time now.
Got my Christmas gift gave up on earrings got a ring found a green one on sale almost half off!

Return to “Post When You Can”