Whatever the weather Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Whatever the weather Wednesday

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:24 pm

I'm sitting in waiting room while DH has surgery (skin cancer). Once he is released we will get his prescription filled and get him home into his recliner.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:17 pm

praying for your dh d lady! hoping it lets himself relax this afternoon!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:19 pm

worked in kitchen - scrubbed the cabinets and walls above and near stove area with my new scrub brush on a handle. then rinsed by hand. more than 15 minutes

because of d nancy I took the stuff off the top of the fridge and washed it well; including the wood coffee grinders (3 of them)... thank you d nancy - boy it needed it.

I can see so many other things in the kitchen that needs doing but I told those jobs that I see them but will do them another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:21 pm

Back from doing a rock drop and decluttering a couple if items, plus I gave cut up a broken plastic kiddie pool and put that in the trash been putting that off.

Bw2 you are welcome.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:22 pm

re: shredding - dh bought a new shredder and keeps it in the dining room :shock: but we shred every day at least something. I am not crazy about it in the dining room but dh does most of his paper work there even though he has an office upstairs (that he never uses). it is beautiful though.

dd younger has a eye doctor appointment at 2 as her one eye is blurry all the time. keeping fingers crossed.

ticked pink that the landscapers are putting mulch on the beds. They did such a nice job the other day cleaning and edging. I hope they rototill this spring because if they don't I will have to buy a new rototiller :shock: that is easy start for me and dd younger.

I am going to put up a sign asking for young adult labor for Saturday - I would like to empty my cabinets and scrub them down and it will be easier to have people I can hand things to.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:41 pm

i didn't look at my control journal this morning - I forgot to take my meds

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:49 pm

I have nearly finished the tax return. I somehow don't have the form the temple sends out every year with the total contributions, so I've emailed fussy office mgr/secretary for a copy. Let's see how long it takes her to respond...I also asked her (playing dumb) if she had left Facebook. I suspect she's blocked me? We are into refund territory so I can extend if I need to.

Going to play genealogy for awhile. Dfriend M asked me to walk this afternoon but I thought I'd need a lot more time for the tax return.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:11 pm

you deserve genealogy time! well done on your work d twins.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:12 pm

balanced check book
added charges
waiting for one bill - I think dd younger will have to call (it's her bill for sailing)
dd is off to eye doctor.
puttied the ceiling (needed it - where water originally came through) and the laundry room again.

now for a home blessing. did 15 minutes in the 3 season room
did 15 min in dh's bathroom
did 15 min in hallway bathroom
did powder room 5 minutes
pulled stuff for dinner
threw laundry downstairs - towels
vacuumed surface of upstairs hallway rug.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:21 pm

I haven't received the bulletin for Sunday yet. Hmmmm, that should have been today.

MF did text and booked me for August 5 (I'm also there in May.) I keep forgetting I'm replacing him this weekend so won't get to see him. That's tentatively the first or last Sunday of June. Otherwise we are both too busy to make time to see each. Haven't seen each other since last October.

I got most of the chits entered into Quicken this afternoon. Will try and do some reconciling now.

Ds is on his way over to do laundry and shower. Which reminds me I have two loads of laundry to do myself (they can wait until tomorrow.)

Dinner tonight is leftovers. Unless we put that off until tomorrow and do something since ds is here. That would mean going out to buy stuff but I need to get out of the apartment anyway.

Return to “Post When You Can”