Whatever the weather Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Whatever the weather Wednesday

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:16 am

I put up note on the knitting group page that 2 weeks every one else was a no show. Must be gardening season lol!
I boiled eggs for lunched they are peeled.
Need to made bed and other morning routune tasks.
It is mild and cloudy.
Love waking to to a clean kitchen, no for the dining room sigh...
Have a lovely day!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:20 am

Dee good decision on waiting until you spoken to hubby you never no when it could be a scam.
Uh-huh! As I suspected, he never requested a password reset. We are wondering however about taking FB down entirely for now. When I asked him about the email, he also said he wanted to talk to me later about FB. So we'll see. The message (as most spam does) looked so bonafide. Good thing I'm suspicious about anything that wants me to 'click' on something. So it's gone to spam.

Went to breakfast and now am working on the list of doctors and hospitals to send to insurance broker. We'll see where we go with that.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:23 am

Nice opening, Lynlee. Hello everyone!

I'm sitting here waiting for shredder to cool down. I'm determined to get this project done today. I'm not yet 1/2 way there.

I have done dailies, big cleanup in kitchen today. Checks to the mailbox. Big check, house insurance went up another $100 this year. I guess Hurricane I rma has all the companies scrambling.

Beautiful blue skies. We are supposed to get chillier in the mornings for a couple days, they're saying 50's. still need my blanket. It's back and forth, sometimes I need the overhead fan, but now the blanket again. Sure different than I ever remember Florida weather.

Good call, Dee. I haven't been on FB for so long they did something to mine I can't seem to get in now. I need to reset it somehow. I'm glad I never put much information on there. DH on the other hand....

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:39 am

Good morning! Picture me on a stepladder with a screwdriver hanging some sun, then dragging a few rainbows in from the shed! I'll toss enough shooting stars for us all to have a wish, and be ready to start my day. Not sure why, but that is what I thought of when I saw the phrase for today. It was like a silly, fun cartoon in my head.

Today started with running a test report and will continue with some homework from a meeting. Short break to check Traveling Companion Friend in for her flight tomorrow. Then, onto figuring out why some distributions are not being counted and why some federal orders are being counted twice. Today was also the first day without meds for Briggs, he is done with them. Still has to eat soft food for another week.

Last night was Girls' Night Out with DD16, but we ate in because it is the end of the pay cycle and there is not a lot of $$$ left. We got dinner from the inexpensive Chinese place. Being < $4, it was still possible. DD finished what little homework she had, then wanted to read Harry Potter fan fiction. We still do not have the results of her celiac test. Plot twist: no new cat. The owner's tenants have been caring for it and want to continue until May. Between now and then, a brother is coming from NY who may take her home or the tenants may take her when they move out. For nearly a year, all cats that were supposed to come to my house have found other good situations before arriving. It will be nice if I can continue to be a source of luck for the strays around me.

Tonight is an animal org board meeting, then I need to drop off some papers and a key. I cannot allow myself to get sucked into staying at the place I drop off.

Harmony: Staples shreds for $1 per pound.

LadyMaverick: I used the top of my refrigerator for sequestered items until DD was almost three. I put a toy in time out until the next day, and in the morning, she came to our room with it. I thanked my then-husband for getting up and retrieving it for her, only to hear, "I thought YOU got it!" DD would only say, "You said I could have it today!" After many assurances that, yes, we did say that, and no, she was not in trouble, we got the whole story. She woke up early, dragged a chair to the counter, climbed the counter, stood on top of the bread machine to climb on top of the fridge, and crawled across the fridge to retrieve the toy from time out. Repeat process going down. No rules broken, no DD broken. We had a discussion about whether it would hurt to fall on the kitchen floor and made a new rule "no climbing on the refrigerator". The toy, of course, was left in her hands. She never climbed there again, but I never put anything tempting there again either.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:03 pm

Oh my goodness. I feel worthless today - not in value, but in terms of not.wanting.to.do.anything.at.all. This is the only day this week that is not scheduled to the max. Tomorrow morning early I am trying again to meet the guy to repair glass at dmom's house, and tomorrow evening I head to Nashville. Dh is going there today for a meetings through noon or so on Friday. I'll be at the Opryland hotel with him tomorrow night and will go to the state library and archives on Friday. We'll move to a downtown hotel for Friday night, and have a nice dinner out. He comes home on Sat a.m. and I get another day at the archives.

I really need to work on our tax return today. :x
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:03 pm

:idea: I ask h to let me know if the top of needed cleaned because I could not see it I am not that tall. I am always amazed how much 10 min. Can help. Finished up the morning routine and did ten min. In the front yard it is looking better.

I changed pass word for a site been meaning tl do that.
Found out the group was meeting some where else, just when I had a full card for a coffee at the old place, told em I was not a fan of the new place, going to give my whiney self a break from that group... more in j and c.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:28 pm

d twins - totally understandable as you are doing so much elsewhere physically and emotionally! be gentle on yourself.
can you do 15 minutes on taxes and let it go for 15 minutes. etc. (doing something for yourself in between).
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:40 pm

it's a beautiful day here (finally!!!) it is actually 55 degrees - shocker!!! next week it is supposed to go back to freezing but I am happy with today!
drove brother to airport and had a nice chat.

I am surprised, as well, about the power of 10 minutes d nancy!. (also it surprises me how much a stink I put up to do the 10 minutes :shock: :D )
I bet your front yard is looking nice!

good morning too d elizabeth. I'll take it! thank you!
glad to see d briggs on the mend.
good luck on your animal board meeting!

hi d harmony cheering you on while you shred away those problem papers
yay on dailies being done and that you have a beautiful blue sky

hi d dee - glad you figured the FB thing out.

hi d kathryn so happy you have sunny weather as well!

hi d sunny good morning to you as well!!! have a good day out.

hi d rose, 100 degrees wow! enjoy your coffee!

hello to anyone I missed. I don't like when my posts only go back so far. I check to make sure I said hello

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:46 pm

so far:

watched my Patreon account with kat - $5 a month. Her question was interesting from yesterday :
If you hired somebody and money was no object what would you have them do?
FL kat

s2s

went to freezer - emptied it to see what I have and what I should toss. marked it down - I could have really cleaned it bc it needed it but I just swiped a tiny tiny bit - it goes to another day.

put the pansies hanging basket out front

exercised out old dogs - I brought out the one cat with us.

dd younger brought the other cat out in front for a short bit (fearful kitty who always tries to escape the house and has succeeded many times - scares the daylights out of me since we have coyotes) - the two cats get a long better (even if they are fixed and are sisters) with some outside time - thinking of building something that will let them go through the 3 season room window to the outside that will be closed in wire and shelves but keep them safe.

time to pull routines. lower back is hurting me mmmm
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:48 pm

Thank you Elizabeth for information about shredding. I just went out and weighed the stuff that is left and the stuff I've already shredded. 163 lbs. :o I had read about them and people just leave their stuff with them and they shred whenever. Hmmmm. Also if someone just has a small amount they have a bin just at the inside of their door to drop their stuff. Well, if one wants to go to the trouble of safeguarding their information by shredding, why would they put it in a bin in a very public place?

I'm not shredding everything. Most of the statements are ok to throw away as is. But I am shredding anything with a credit card # on it, any financial information, health information. I did come across a very small pile of things I'm supposed to keep forever.

I will only gather up this much information at once one more time. When DH quits working there will be another 10 years to do (that's how much I keep). I only kept this backlog because people began calling to request information about what was done to their house after the hurricane. Insurance companies were refusing to insure houses that had gone through the hurricane and been repaired. I guess some of the repairs were done pretty shoddy and they didn't want to be responsible for that. Roofs were the main thing.

But I figure after all these years, if people couldn't keep their own records they can't fault us for not having it either. We did help quite a number of people who needed back information.

I am half way through it all now.

Return to “Post When You Can”