Thrilling Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Thrilling Thursday

Postby Harmony » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:36 pm

That is all interesting about the acid. What I remember about the acid book that Harriet mentioned, was that acid foods should not be ingested, should not go past the esophagus to cause further damage. Which would include apple cider I suppose. There is that theory that if one's body does not make enough acid, foods do not digest properly and cause the distress.

I tested that theory with myself, trying the vinegar. Oh my that made things infinitely worse. I have pretty wicked reflux. I live my whole life staying upright. I never put my head downward. Or flat (if laying down). It's as if that valve shutting off the acid from coming up simply does not work any more.

Taking something for limiting production of acid sure made me more comfortable. But I was afraid of those side effects and quit those years ago. My pastor says he has it too and asked his dr. what to do. His solution: no coffee and no red sauce. Wish that was all I had to do to solve this.

LadyM, hope your DH does not suffer too much. I'm surprised they could get biopsy results that fast. DH's were sent out.

Blessed, sorry about your DDog. I hope he (she?) recovers a bit.

I guess I was kinda worn out with all the work the past few days and I didn't get a whole lot accomplished. Did get my last LOL folded up. It's been sitting in a basket for a couple days. Tomorrow I'll do better. I hope.

lucylee

Re: Thrilling Thursday

Postby lucylee » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:17 am

I don’t know WHEN I have been this tired.
And when ddil asked if we could take BOTH dgrands with us Sat (to a show ds is doing 4 hrs away) and let her stay home and study... We’ll, I almost cried. Dh and I talked about it and I told her, I just can’t manage both of them at an event like that.
She said that was okay — the test she has to take isn’t coming up immediately — she’s just getting anxious to have this semester over.
Whew.
They are both such precious kids... but not together for 12+ hours...
oh my...
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”