Thrilling Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Thrilling Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:06 am

I hope you have a thrilling day.

But in a good way. Like watching a thriller movie, going to a theme park, or a good surprise.

Have some fun today!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Thrilling Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:16 am

It's fire extinguisher training day here!

The residents' association has arranged for the fire department to come in with their simulator and teach us how to use a fire extinguisher to fight a 'real' fire.

I've invited the building staff to come if they don't have the training already but didn't do that until yesterday morning by a note. According to my source on the staff, the office probably won't send anyone because they would have needed weeks of notice. It is too disorganized to take advantage of any opportunity. I've given up trying to be efficient in my scheduling of them because they'll just screw it up. It is one of the things that frustrates my source so much, there are ways of working smarter/faster but the office deliberately puts up road blocks.

So that's my thrilling activity today.

Although, if I get my service/sermon finished that will be thrilling too. After I last posted here, I worked on the childrens' time and pulled up a service from last year at this time and I see I have to write prayers. I knew I had to do 2 but will wait to see what the order of service looks like to see if there is more (possibly collect of the day and offering.)

I also got a business paperwork item done last night so have crossed another weekly goal off my list.

I'm opening the mail so far this week now to beat back that paper pile.

I guess I still find it thrilling to walk around the living and dining rooms with all the space now. Plus I was able to go out onto the balcony this morning to walk around outside for a moment with my tea. I missed having access to the balcony.

In other thrilling (bad way) news, the weather forecast for the weekend is in flux. One source is calling for up to 10" of snow over Saturday and Sunday. Others just rain. We no longer have our snow tires on and we are driving up a 'killer' highway so I'm relieved I already planned on staying overnight since it will remove the 'rush' from the drive up and we can take it easy during the drive. I suspect the snow forecast was overblown to push click to their webpage since the government is pretty firm that something will happen but it probably won't be too bad.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:37 am

Thrilling? Hmmm......Guess my only 'thrilling' thing today will be Trivia tonight. Winning there would be 'thrilling'. Hopefully I have no other 'thrills' today.

Talked with dh last night about the FB email (which was definitely scam). :o Oh no! He was trying to click on the links in the email. Finally got through to him that it would make no difference in our FB account. I am trying to block some people that I'd rather not see posts from though. He was looking at emails on his K indle. I'll see to deleting that app on his ki ndle when I get up home.

He had 3 water lines break yesterday and was very sore and tired last night. He was already in bed with the heated mattress pad turned on (mentioned how thankful he is for that). I was surprised to learn he was sleeping in the bed. He tried here a few times to no avail. So maybe, just maybe his shoulder's improving a little. He said he can sleep on his back or left side. Dsonil will be coming there any day now to stay till the end of the month. Oh I am shuddering at the thought of what will be ahead of me when I get up there. 2 batching it????

I always make a mess emptying the shredder, no matter how carefully I try to do it
I do know of what you speak, Harmony -ask me how I know. :roll:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:29 am

that's a lot of mains breaking all at once! hope he is less sore today! have a great day!

thank you d kathryn on the thrilling thursday -I'll take it -
hi d kathryn I am hoping that snow doesn't come your way! Spring has to start taking over from winter!
Wishing you the best on your training!

hello all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:50 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Thanks for opening the thread today, Kathryn.

Thrilling things that have happened to me so far today:

1) Woke up with the realization that I haven't done our taxes yet. :oops: Not what I had planned to do tonight after work, but needs must.

2) While feeding the cat (who was in Very Loud mode!), I dropped the can and it landed upside down. I had to scrape up the food and carry it over to put in her bowl because she just didn't understand the notion of eating food that's on the floor. Spoiled cat much? :roll: :)

3) I had a lot of trouble with youtube crashing yesterday so looked at a few help screens today. Common suggestion was to clear the cache and browsing history. OK, clicked that button -- and then remembered that action clears all cookies, including the one to THIS site. I've had this site on auto-login for so many years that I couldn't remember my password. I know which notebook I have the password info written in, but the notebook isn't on my desk. :?
No time to search, so I just clicked on the "forgot my password" option. I'm very grateful that option is available!

3) No hope whatsoever of remembering the password the system sent me, so I need to devise a personalized one.

This day is not starting out very well. I'm almost afraid to go in to work. :lol:

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:05 am

Bookie: glad you could get in.

For passwords, we are now using LastPass. And we are paying for the family version. That allows each of us to have our own favourite sites saved but also shared folders for shared sites (like Amazon for shopping or the business stuff.)

It has stopped the "What's your password for X?" questions and means I can just go ahead and do stuff right away without having to stop and think where I've recorded a password.

BUT it has also stopped me knowing my frequent passwords since I don't have to enter them any more. I have one master password to LastPass (which is actually a long sentence) and my computers' password (which is actually about something here in the Village so not likely guessable by anyone) but aside from that, I have to look up passwords in LastPass now since most of them now are something like 1xdfh2u67 which is impossible to remember (or guess.)

For Google, while I can remember my password (I invented that myself instead of having LastPass do it) it is a problem to type so I let LastPass handle that. Since Google contains so much of my life (backups of all my phone and tablet data, my email, many spreadsheets and important documents, some photos), I have 2-factor authentication on that account so can only get in with the correct password AND a code sent to my phone (or from a piece of paper I keep in my passport for when I'm overseas and can't receive texts.)

With the MyFitnessPal hack of passwords it was a relief to know that my password for that account was not shared with any other account of mine and it was easy to reset. I think LastPass will also keep track of reported hacks and suggest you change your password if you have an account with the hacked company.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:07 am

I'm s2s, had breakfast, styled my hair and have tidied the kitchen and bedroom. Started a load of laundry for good measure (ds still have 2 loads to do but said he'd be in and out today so I'm hoping to get my load out of the washer before he arrives.)

I got distracted and the mail still needs to be processed.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:47 am

Good morning how is everyone doing today ?
I have had my coffee, breakfast, qt, & journaling is done. We have rain & windy today here. It is cooler today. We have snow in the mtns. in the forecast for the weekend.

I will be focusing on inside stuff today yesterday was my outside chore day.
I need to focus on my a m stuff.
Laundry could use some attn. Here.
I have lady bug fabric to cut out for some bags.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:13 am

Morning y’all...

I am having to revamp my morning routines at least for the next week. Sweetie and I are committed to try this new way of eating for us at least for seven days. That means I am preparing both our breakfasts. Plus we are starting our morning with an apple cider drink. Can’t say I love it, but I haven had to take my acid reflux meds in two day which I’m quite happy about.

The book that I am rereading for about the tenth time is a real eye opener as to how what we eat effects certain parts of our brain and organs. Interesting because it mirrors much of what I’ve read other places about sugar, grains and dairy. Nice thing abt this plan is I can implement it all at once or in stages.

Worked on my closet yesterday and discovered two dresses I had completely for gotten about. Happy about that as I have a wedding in July and now I don’t need to buy a new one. I remember buy one but completely forgot about the other one. They are both name brand dresses and we’re on sale. One was $79 that I bought for $14.99 and my guess is I purchased the second one for around the same price at the same time. It doesn’t have a tag on it like the other one.

I have some desk work today and some serious redoing in my second closet. Plus I have another few errands, including the post office to run. We’re under an extreme wind advisory which means there will be guts up to 60mph. That also means the possibilities of dust storms. I need to make sure my patio furniture is secured.

Off to start my day... my coffee is hot and Perry is here. Enjoy your day :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:18 am

Is my thrill that the window repair guy didn't show up? I'm so frustrated I could cry! And an antique mall guy called about what us left here at mother's so I'm waiting around for him. I knew he would b later and I would have to spend the morning here tho.

I'm supposed to go to Nashville tonight but have a lot to do today, that isn't happening while I sit here. And another thrill: I think the almond milk I used this morning for my breakfast shake didn't agree w me. I know it had been opened in a he refrigerator a lot longer than the recommended 7 days.

I truly did take the day off yesterday. Even the genealogy research was scattered and unproductive.

Will ck in later. I need to go to grocery and drugstore on the way home eventually.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”