Fortunate on Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Fortunate on Friday

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:31 am

How will you plan and execute a fortunate Friday today? Wow, how lucky is your household! (to have you ;) )

blessedw2

Re: Fortunate on Friday

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:43 am

D Harriet I love that you were able to start us today.
I am fortunate to have you and everyone here!!!

Also thank you for letting us see that our household is also lucky to have us. Something I don't think of much as I tend to see the stuff that I don't do rather than the stuff I do. Thank you for the reminder!

Have a great day everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:47 am

I have to stay home for d dog who is able to walk again. The meds finally kicked in late in the evening and finally fell asleep. She is such a good dog.
I thought I could take my aunt today to do her shopping because I couldn't go yesterday because of d old dog. (someone has to stay with her constantly for now).

I tagged things I have been leaving out - 3 days on some things so I have to make sure I i put things away.

8:54 check in: kitchen
emptied dw, put the few dishes from sink in dw, cleaned sink, cleaned cutting board, cleaned counters, stove top already cleaned, vacuumed surface and swiffer surface, it's friday so cleaned dogs mat for the water dishes. Fed dogs, new water all animals, fed cats.

dh is still sleeping - I haven't been able to s2s yet but I don't want to wait too much longer.

red sky this morning and now gray and moisture filled sky - no rain yet. Yesterday it was well into the 60's and then we went back to freezing :shock: ;)

? how do you do your home blessing?

the FL and FL Kat suggest I believe
dusting one day, etc.. etc.

what do you do for your home blessing?
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:55 am

Slice of life -
Today's Math assignments -
XtraMath- (stilllllllllllllllll working on addition facts) Soooo close. We are going to have a BIG celebration when these Math facts are finally conquered
• Read about remainers & do problems -
Division practice - Do 10 problems with 1 digit in divisor and 3 digits in dividend
• 2 worksheets reviewing cup, gallon, quart, pint, proper fractions, and counting money
All completed while listening to Florida Georgia Line - Dig your roots album

Today's plan -
6:30 FoF Accountability group & 12 tools
7:30 FoF Call & Breakfast
7:45 Bible w/S
8:00 Math w/S
9:00 Phone Sponsor
10:00 Travel
10:30 - CCMH
Noon - lunch and time with DGS21
6:00 Dinner
7:30 4 G's
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:56 am

I like that idea of tagging things left out blessed.
The trading pIot shelf was knocked over again yesterday after three when school is out, folks suspect winds or kids. I keep saying they should use the other boards / or other shelf that was donated but they will not listen.
Bs is up into ack land today - Sigh.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:00 am

hello d lady - busy day! have a great one!

hello d nancy - hope your day is wonderful too!

Unfortunately I don't see clutter, like most people do, as it collects and I need to make myself see it.
I would love to do the clutter check 3 x a day like FL Kat suggests; but if it becomes part of my background then it's hard to really see it is clutter for me. I literally become blind to it so every morning I mark the items instead of putting them away right away because sometimes its too much.
Example: I have had a sweater on the church bench for 5 days and another one for 3 days (ready for the cleaners but have not made it to my car - I will put it in my cleaner basket in my car and ask dh to take it over).
books - I only read one book at a time but I leave all of them out - so fridays I do a put away of those extra books (except the one I am reading).

tomorrow: thinking I have to talk to the family about the bathrooms and leaving things out for ages. In a kind but firm way as I have mentioned about razors on the shower or bath floors (same ones for a month). I will say, even if they don't care for it, I will be throwing things away. I know everyone will hem and haw but I will give a nice warning that by tomorrow (example) they will be going away.

Before it rains I have to take the dogs outside.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:44 am

Blessed just reminded me I have a pair of dh's trousers on the bench in the front hall waiting for a ride to the dry cleaners. They've been there just a week. But for 3 weeks on the bench in our bedroom before that! Not sure if today is their lucky day!

I'm up, dressed, bedroom tidied, kitchen tidied, load of laundry on, all 3 loads of ds's laundry folded and put in his bag (just to get it out of my way), received an email payment from ds (not for laundry services but for credit card charges), finished the sermon, made many more notes for the graveside sermon in May, have gathered up the things we need to bring with us today and am now waiting on dh to finish something and we'll go visit dgs after picking up the mattress for Z.

So, it is a productive morning.

Beautiful sunny weather at the moment. Major winter storm coming in. Tomorrow will be a mess. Probably only 4" of snow/ice here but where I'm going is expecting 8". And then more on Sunday, mostly freezing rain. Slow and steady, that's all we can do.

I still have to finish the service for Sunday before we leave tomorrow but I'm relieved the sermon is done since I like it. I hate it when I have to settle for something I feel is not my best.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:55 am

Sorry to hear that getting around has been hard for (dear puppy), blessed.

Glad to hear you have a finish and you like it, Kathryn.

reflux chat (since I know everyone enjoys it so much, right?)
Once my reflux so impressed a doctor (during stupid swallow-the-nasty-milky-stuff test) who was supposed to be looking for cause of a pain at my side, that she hardly paid attention to what I'd been sent for, going on and on about my reflux, which was already known. Sigh. I wanted to say, "duh". Basically I was sent home with "well, you have such a reflux problem that no wonder your side hurts", which is a ridiculous answer akin to "well, you have so much elbow pain no wonder your wrist hurts". Not once "what is your diet like?" or "Is this worse when you eat certain things?" Had to do all of that thinking on my own. Guess I should be thankful she didn't find anything to treat and I never saw her again.

As Harmony has had to hear (on and on), I know what she's talking about re: having to think before you lie down. Even now, when I stray into either acidic red sauces or chocolate too close to bedtime I'm in trouble, so I assume my lower esophageal sphincter is not right yet and may never fully recoup. (honestly, though, could even a teenager always avoid acid reflux - isn't there some level at which it would hit anyone? I don't know.) I also don't have coffee within 3 hours of bedtime (and I only buy low-acid coffee anyway - Kava brand since the demise of Mountain Blend). I don't have citrus or tomato juice unless it is dripping out of a piece of fruit I'm eating at the time. An orange = friendly pal :D . Bottled orange juice from, say, a drive-thru = murderous criminal :twisted: . Oh, ketchup also - not too close to bedtime.

And Ramblin', aside from just wanting you to know I'm thinking about you, I also want you to know that I "get it" that you love your workouts and it's tougher to exercise with reflux. As you probably know, my workout of choice for decades has been one that expects you to turn upside down from the get-go of the initial stretch - the upper body hanging from the waist. I totally remember being reluctant to do the initial stretches because I was suspicious of how they would make me feel. I think you may be a morning exerciser anyway, so you probably haven't had the trouble I did.

It was not until yesterday morning (11:00 or so) that asst treas finally got here to give me the offering. That was really not satisfactory. Going to have to think about this - I'd assumed that now with dd having a job that takes up some weekends, his help would be a real boon. (Between the two of us, she and I have almost always picked it up and gotten it here the very day.) I got right on the deposit and even put that into afternoon errands fast, getting to regular grocery as well. But since Sun was the last day of the Easter offering, there are 2 deposits this week, so I'll be back on that chore again today.

Made a DPC this am. Certainly have others - sigh.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:10 am

Hi d Harriet! I am surprised she didn't ask what you ate and the effects. Is she your primary doctor or someone who deals with stomach issues? Sorry you are still having trouble with reflux! I hope it goes away!
have a good and reflux free day d harriet!

hi d Kathryn! You have been going to town today!!! Well done

wore the dogs down a bit (oldest dog just hops and barks in the air but enjoys herself)

time to mark my journal and pull my cards.

decluttered my purse :D

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:31 am

Harriet, and anyone else reading about the acid thing, I can honestly say this acid thing has changed my life more than anything I've known (except for one other major thing). Just helping DH do anything is difficult to impossible. Pick up this tool and hand it to him...ah no. Get down and wipe the floor in back of the toilet...ouch. Gardening is just about over for me these days.

I have a pain at the top of my ribs on the right side which sometimes gets worse. I'm constantly adjusting the strap there. I don't know if this is something to do with the reflux or another problem (hernia I've always suspected?). I need to be examined but I'm also trying to lose some weight to take pressure off those places to see if that helps... and if I need to be looked at I will be less embarrassed. :oops:

For me, it isn't always acid foods like citrus. It's the amount of food in my tummy at one time and very rich things are a no-no also. Sometimes I fear it is combinations of things also.

I have an acquaintance who talked to me about his reflux and he actually had pre-cancer esophagus and was put on protein-pump inhibitors (is that what they're called?) and has healed his bad spots but remains on this stuff for the rest of his life.

It's nothing to ignore, I know. But I get little or no help from any doctor I've ever been to except pop this pill or that pill.

Ok enough of all that.....

I have all the morning things done and desk cleared. I am off to see if I can get my rug shampooer to work, I have 2 area rugs badly in need of cleaning.

We are supposed to have a big stormy rain coming Sunday late. They're making it sound like this will be major and not just a possibility, but 100% sure it's coming. We'll see.

Return to “Post When You Can”