NOTHING = NOTHING SATURDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

NOTHING = NOTHING SATURDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:00 am

I heard the phrase, "Do nothing = get nothing" in a movie yesterday and it kept whirling in my head -and still is. So my mantra for today at least is, just that. If I want to accomplish something and do nothing -well, it will still just stay at NOTHING!

Oh, dHarmony. What a trying day for you. May you have 'nothing' but golden days from here. Bless you for being such a stalwart help mate.

Thought perhaps dd was up but all is quiet out in the living area. Dbailey will get her up soon -ah and there she is!

Have a good Saturday. I'm off to look at what I've been doing "nothing" about.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Re: NOTHING = NOTHING SATURDAY

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:56 am

I too hope DHarmony has an easier day. Although, I have to admit.....she sure does have some interesting adventures!!

This morning has proceeded smoothly with a few sidetracking adventures.....like getting the sticky trap off of the puppy fur. I used Pam spray to loosen the sticky mess and scissors to cut the puppy hair. Alls well that ends well.

I have adjusted our activities today. I was going to take the kids an hour drive away to a science event. Instead, I am going to take them to one about 20 minutes drive away. DH face is still very swollen and I want him to stay relaxed and in his recliner so we are going to stay closer to home.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:09 am

Dear dee I needed this inspiration today. We have had lots of talks about procrastination in our house as a little stinker inside. dd younger is needing to see that even w everything she can do things moving forward. Procrastination because of her thinking of doing all or nothing is causing her to not move forward.
Have a wonderful day! Thank you for starting us!

d lady good morning! what a could idea using pam - I had a large irish setter once (beautiful long fur) and he got burrs all the time - this would have helped. Great idea! (((sweet dh of yours)) Hope the swelling goes done fast and he feels comfortable again.

oh my gosh d harmony - you do have the adventures! i hope today is a lovely day for you!

I hope today is a lovely day for all of you!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:15 am

Good morning! There is a water pipe breakage down the block so they are turning off our water.
very drizzly, cold and dark today.

Today: hair dye at 12:30 leave at noon
Regular Routines
BWP: supposed to be family fun day but I will see if anyone wants to do something together. some me time
No zones!
No home blessing

I plan on working on my living room project because I couldn't work on it during the week.

trying to change dd younger's the way she talks to herself. She sees what she doesn't do, not what she does. If she doesn't do something she sees it as a flaw. I want her to look at herself with a more forgiving nature and congratulate herself or talk nice to herself and move forward.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:26 am

See that so many of our dfriends here are expecting less than stellar weather. Just praying for everyone to stay safe. Know up home tomorrow is supposed to be just plain awful and it sounds like Kathryn will have some of that same weather system.

Dh said he had to meet someone at 6:30am while a 'dry fire hydrant' is put in place. Even the fire inspectors declare this is not needed. It's something put in place so that fire companies can draw water from the ponds. They can do that without this piece of equipment. :roll: He's not planning to go to church tomorrow because the icing is supposed to be bad. Know they're forecasting at least a 1/2" of ice. Still not as bad as our ice storm of '91. That was so widespread and so much damage.

In the nothing=nothing category, I've removed at least 10 items from the back porch fridge/freezer. Guess what! It was not getting emptied by doing 'nothing' day in and day out.

Back to finish up cleaning the kitchen. At least dishes are done.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:29 am

Nothing no damage my dsis is safe. Storms have moved out of their area.

Watching lucky dog show for trianing ideas. I have journaled, will get to sheets after h is up. Need to finish deviled eggs in a bit. Put a letter out to be mailed to dsis. Had it writtens just needed to address & sign off on it. Need to get hen scratch soon.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:35 am

Weather warnings remain in place but nothing that was predicted for so far has arrived. It is dry outside now but we aren't leaving for a few hours.

I'm not overly productive at the moment.

I did try on all my bathing suits since there's a pool and we'll be in it today. My two x-large ones are still ones to wear.

I'm wearing a sun-shirt (proper full shirt but designed for hiking and sun protection) because I paid $$$ for it in NZ and will be too small for it by the time we get good weather here. Same with a plain white shirt but that was from WM so under $20. I put away my x-large blue jeans (the ones bought for spending 20+ hours in planes.) My black ones are a bit smaller than these and now are just a little too large but I'll leave them out in case it gets cold enough for long underwear some day in the next few weeks. I'm wearing my current 'skinny' jeans which are a tight size 14. They'll probably last another 5 - 10 pounds, depending on where the loss is. Normally I gain last and lose first on my tummy, then bust, then hips and thighs. That's why the shirts I bought are too large but my skinny jeans are still too tight.

I have one pair of smaller pants from our refugees that should fit mid-May. And then I think I have smaller summer weight pants. Skirts are my usual go-to in summer and I should have enough of those. Several were too tight last year so I figure I can lose a lot and still have them fit well.

It isn't so much that I currently am wearing clothes that are too large, it is mostly that they are finally fitting properly so look better on me. Even with my coat I'm noticing it when I catch a glimpse of myself in a window reflection. I took the belt off that and will have to find where I put it soon because I'll need it again.

We plan to leave in 2.5 hours so I need to start some laundry, finish packing and perhaps do the taxes. Or at least get a good start on them.

My 'dead' friend is back alive in the Revenue Agency's computer system but can't file electronically because of the bureaucratic error. She is to file by mailing in along with a copy of her passport and a letter explaining an expedited processing so she can get the refund in 4 weeks instead of 6 and asking for her account to be returned so she can e-file in the future. If she e-filed, she'd have her refund within a week so this snafu has cost her access to her money.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:09 am

Good morning again d dee!
Good morning d kathryn!
Good morning d Nancy - glad your sister is safe!

I have been stuck to this seat - my desk is cleaned and my week planned (depending what the day gives me 8-) :D )
I need to get started.

still no water - so no dishes or laundry but look at what I can do instead of Nothing. (d dee I love that reality of nothing = nothing).

take care all!

I found out from Kat that breaking the home blessing is different than I thought.
So I have to do a round robin still like I have been doing and then doing a home blessing each day:

day 1. surface dust with swiffer duster
day 2. clean mirrors
day 3. vacuuming and swiffer rinse (just the walking areas

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:03 pm

Yesterday was my do nothing day.

I have done a round in the yard , hens are happy with the 2 trash cans of leaves to play in. Picked up back yard. Made deviled eggs, cooked breakfast house smells great.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:28 pm

yay d nancy!

Return to “Post When You Can”