NOTHING = NOTHING SATURDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: NOTHING = NOTHING SATURDAY

Postby Elizabeth » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:27 pm

Hi everyone! Yesterday was definitely a Friday the 13th for me! I got to dinner with my friend early, so I decided to make some DPCs before it got too late. Guess who left her only phone in her office? Since DD's homework is online, I had to drive back up to Work City to retrieve it. Two hours gone from an evening that I was planning on taking it easy. I got the calls made from work parking lot.

Today was spent at cat clinic, followed by knit/crochet group where I was given some nice doll clothes patterns. They are for a size doll I don't have, but can easily acquire. My arms are hurting BAD today, no idea why. Friday was payday, so I did bills and budget. All bills are paid and the credit card is chipped away at. I now owe < 10k on my car and Christmas is entirely paid off. LOL is ready for put away. DD16 will arrive in < 10 minutes.

I was hoping to do something fun with her tomorrow, but I have to deliver Lara to her new home. She has been with me 7 years. In one sense it will be hard, but since she does not get on with Briggs, she will be happier. I will be down to one cat, a situation last seen in 1988.

Tonight's essentials are: writeup info about Lara, get her things together, and Bible study for tomorrow's Sunday school. I have not been in 3 weeks due to various circumstances.

blessedw2: They do still kill off peoples' (and cats') thyroids for hyperthyroidism, but not for Hashimoto's thyroiditis. The reason is that the inevitable course of the disease is to become hypo in your 30s.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:37 pm

Way to go on all of your progress gals. Neighbors cut their grass with a loud weed whacker, their mower did not start this season, they just got it last year too. I decided it was a great time for a walk. Got to see a guy come home with his horses they were whiney-ing to the other horses left behind & so glad to be home they rolled around on the grass watched the guy bring a new youngish addition to show his family. Was glad to watch from a distance at the bus stop bench and rest my sore toe before I headed for home again. It was quiet. Lawn whacker job was done and it is quiet again here now.

H is napping and will bbq in a bit when he gets up.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:19 pm

No baseball game to watch over dinner. It has been postponed due to the weather in Ohio. At home it still isn't snowing but in the villages, they did get snow. My sister in Toronto got dumped on and I suspect Cathy took a hit as well.

There's still the second storm so we may not be in the clear, although I've heard it won't hit this area until the afternoon so if we don't linger too long after church we might end up OK. I just realized we forgot to put the windshield wipers in the up position. Can't decide if it is worth going outside to take of that.

Dh is watching a movie. I've got the in-box down to 250 from 450 emails. I'll try and do another 100 before bedtime.

Not sure if we are swimming or not. The pool is open another 2 hours.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:23 pm

It's become quite a winter storm between Beamsville and Vineland. Ice and snow and wind and power outages. We haven't had an outage, but the radio station we listen to went off the air earlier.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:25 pm

That being said... guess who has her summer tires on? Guess who took the plow off the ATV and the snowblower deck off the tractor? He isn't impressed with this storm AND he has a sore throat.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:44 pm

Watching your stormy weather pretty closely, Cathy. Talked to dh just a bit ago. He was trying to decide whether to head to DS-A's house for the night -which would leave dsonil alone at our RV. He kind of wanted to be closer to the fire department. Leaves me worrying about it all. He did say they've already had the water freeze coming in to the camper today twice. He has it dripping right now. All I can say is I hope everyone stays safe regardless of the weather. You're right, Harmony about the weather coming later tomorrow by the looks. But as I look it seems to be all part of the system that is streaming to the north. Hope you stay safe and warm too, Kathryn.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:49 pm

Home from church - bus there, walk home - the hill is down, so much easier.

Yesterday was a what is the weather doing day. Today is warm and sunny.
I need to wash, so the sun will help there.
I think today's dress can go in the wash already.

There is a movie at 4pm I want to watch. 3.15 otd for bus, or a bit later if I walk. It will be 7 pm bus home by the look of the movie length. or walk home via the most residential, best lit route.
k
Must move to the washing so it can be in before I leave.

Stay safe everyone.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:03 pm

Inbox is now under 50 so I'll let it be.

I've started my bullet journal for next week so I could delete emails with appointments in them.

We didn't swim. If I wake up early and energetic in the morning, I might. Of course, that means dh has to come and be with me. No swimming alone.

I'm 6K steps short for today. Sigh...

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:55 pm

The good: We've had some very nice weather in the past week and I was able to go out in a spring jacket.
The bad: Today's weather was cold rain all day, back to the winter wool coat.
The ugly: Tomorrow's weather is supposed to be freezing rain, snow, possible hail. Yuck!
The good: DH and I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow. The roads should be ok by Monday.
--

The good: Sewing group meeting this morning was an interesting program about adding pizzazz to a plain item of clothing or home decor. One woman showed a very plain inexpensive sweater to which she added decorative trim that made it look expensive. Another woman showed how she made her living room look totally different by changing covers on throw pillows. A 3rd woman showed how to buy simple plain towels and sheets and customize them to redecorate bedrooms and bathrooms. The 4th woman had a collection of easy table runners and centerpieces to decorate her dining room for all seasons and holidays.
The bad: I chose not to attend the 3-day sewing day camp last weekend because the more the person in charge of the event talked about the plans she was making for it, the more I realized that I would not enjoy it. I would have had to give up hours at work, too. Now that I've heard from other people about various things that happened, I think I chose correctly. However, I did miss the fun of seeing my friends' projects.
The ugly: One of the things I was told about the sewing camp is upsetting. A member who likes to attend all of the camps is brittle diabetic and it is very important that she knows in advance about the meals so she can plan her insulin needs. The person in charge of camp this time knows very well about this member's serious health issue, but she refused to tell her what she was cooking for suppers because she wanted to "surprise" everyone. I do not agree with this type of "surprise." We're supposed to be inclusive and friends helping each other, not creating health risks.
--

The ugly: I'm still slogging through the sewing group's historical financial files. Now I'm dealing with the first 20 years of the group's existence. I was told that at one point, the box of files was dropped and everything fell out all over the ground. I believe it, as I've had to spend a lot of time just putting reports in chronological order. (National rules used to say the group had to keep all of the documentation forever. New policy is to keep all for the most recent 7 years, and only specific things for the older years. I'm the only person willing to do this project because it's so tedious! )
The bad: The part of the project that is left cannot be done in short 10- to 15-minute chunks. It needs long blocks of concentrated time.
The good: The part of the project that is completed has resulted in reducing the files from 2 huge boxes full of papers down to 1 huge box of papers. Side benefit = when I'm confident that I can really get rid of papers permanently, I can take them to the library to shred and the then they'll be used for bedding for a coworker's guinea pigs.
--

The oddball: Tomorrow I need to test the library DVD for Wonder that a patron reported as having problems. I've heard it's a really good movie, so it won't be a hardship to watch. :)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:31 am

d book I loved how you put that!

d elizabeth thank you for helping me understand!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”