NOTHING = NOTHING SATURDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: NOTHING = NOTHING SATURDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:28 pm

sat with dd older and had a long chat - about an hour - sometimes they just a listening ear but not an opinion
I am heading out - have a good day!

water is back on - yay
dishes are in the dishwasher and I know that it is not complete full but I might just turn it on so it will be clean when I come home.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:44 pm

On our way to the show... going to meet my brother and sorta-sil ;) at the Varsity in Atlanta. (Hamburgers and hotdogs, famous drive-in restaurant) Weather is still a little threatening but NOTHING like they predicted yesterday.

I am so thankful for this calm, pleasant day with dh, ds, and dgs.

Waving to all!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:10 pm

Hi!!

It's a blustery, no-good, cold, nasty, windy, rainy, stay inside kind of day here. We went to Niagara Falls before 9 and did what we needed to do. Bonus was that we saw a doe walking slowly down a side street on our way to the first grocery store that we went to just along the parkway near the whirlpool rapids.

There are numerous power outages within the Niagara peninsula area. Mainly Port Colbourne and St. Catharines. The radio station we listen to is in Port Colbourne and they are keeping everyone updated in the area. I have my phone charging and dh has a nice fire going.

We bought a new smoke detector/CO 2 last week that has a voice that also lets you know if there is smoke or fire detected along with the high pitched buzzer. Guess what? It works! I opened the oven door and something had dripped on to the bottom and it was smoky. That darn thing wouldn't stop telling me there was a fire. There was no actual fire, but lots of smoke. I have cleaned my oven at least twice since then and I am doing it again today. It's a small area on the bottom of the oven smaller than a regular plate, but it won't come off.

We planned on having steak but it's too windy for a BBQ. I also stayed home from knitting today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:53 pm

On our way now, leaving 90 minutes late. Weather is good, roads are still dry and the forecast for the destination is the same.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:03 pm

We have been to the eco to take a load of branches, we saw 14 deer on the way back. The side of the house looks SO much better now yea! We had some rain just a bit to keep us cool while we did it.

Time for lunch next. Done.

I did another round of yard work did more on the fence line, and got the area behind the outdoor kitchen cleaned out hens are having a party in those leaves now they are out in the free range time!
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:43 pm

I'm slightly wounded. After a morning on the hunt across the Savanna :roll: , Tobias caught a lizard (so it must be warm weather?) and HRH is not here, so I had to live up to the catch-and-release agreement myself. Unfortunately, dstepson was trimming around the house and surprised me, just happening to come around the corner as I took Tobias out to let the lizard out of his mouth. Tobias was terrified of being taken out straight toward the big noise, and though he did let go on cue and intact, he scratched me pretty well trying to climb me and get away. Sigh. I have two bandaids at my neck that may or may not go unnoticed tomorrow at church. Sigh. Don't guess I'll wear a turtleneck just because of this.

Meanwhile, at my parents' house, dstepdil's very old and enfeebled Tom, now on several medications and pretty much cushion-bound I thought, has proved the "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was" adage and caught a mouse for her. On that one, I was really in disbelief. He doesn't even walk the length of the house any more, but he can catch a mouse? Good grief.

Finally a call from the tax lady. :| We've only had our stuff in to her for a month or more - honestly I think it was late Feb. And I couldn't catch HRH, who was already on his way home and not able to go by there. sigh. She says someone will be there after church tomorrow ... ..? Not sure that's a sensible plan. I suppose I'll go Monday. We have until Tuesday this year, right? How strange. Not the way we saw this happening.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:55 pm

The pasta salad is made up for lunches next week. H made his own lunch whike I was weeding in back. We loaded an extra cage structure to be hauled off in another load. I will help h unload the next time he goes to the dump just a few larger items we have ready to be hauled off.

Ouch Harriet, can you wear a scarf?
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:05 pm

Phew. I'm still in recovery from yesterday. I was up till midnight finishing the living room rug and with all the stress from yesterday I'm just really tired. Tried to sleep in but DH went to the store early and must have called me 6 times: do we need this, how about this...good grief it's just groceries! If you want it buy it.

So when I got up of course all that stuff was all over the counters and I needed to clean all that up. I've got 2 fans going on the wool rug, which seems like it'll never dry. I still can't see how it came out because the color changes as it dries. I'm sure it's not 100%. One thing I know for sure: I'll never buy a wool rug again. Never. Ever.

I did get the family room carpet done. Smaller rug and a nylon or a nylon blend. Much easier to clean and doesn't soak up the solution. It's still wet but it turned out nice I think.

I've already had one nap. Feel like I need another.

It's hard to believe we have all this bad weather coming in because the day is beautiful. We'll see.

Oh my, Harriet. Cat scratches hurt. Poor Tobias he really must have been scared.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:34 pm

That's a thought, Nancy! One that is thin would look like spring.

Actually, I think the tug of the bandaids is bothering me now more than anything. You just don't realize how much you use your neck! I don't feel a thing until I look to the side.

Harmony, you need a day without surprises AT ALL.

.good grief it's just groceries! If you want it buy it.

(smile)

Dstepson came in to get water. He was laughing about what happened but did want to make sure I was all right. :roll:

He says he was there with dstepdil to witness the old cat spring into action at his (my parents') house. He says, "I almost couldn't believe it. He was like a lightning bolt!"

i can't tell you how impossible that sounds to anyone who knows the dear old thing. In fact, the vet says it's the time in his life to just keep him comfortable and warm... ...?? Um... .. is this all an act for the mice? :lol:

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:37 pm

Drive up was just 95 minutes and not a bit of weather.

Picked up some things for the refugees since we were driving by a WM and Canadian tire.

Our room at the hotel is a 2 room suite. Lovely and great value for $117. We're off to get dinner to eat here since the room is so comfortable.

Return to “Post When You Can”