SLOGGING THROUGH SUNDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: SLOGGING THROUGH SUNDAY

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:33 pm

Harriet, this is the same pain that I've had off and on for about seven years, altho this is really, really bad. It started in the upper jaw and dentist could never find anything wrong with the teeth. Now it's spread to the roof of my mouth on that side and at times hurts like heck when anything touches it. Hurts when I swallow a big gulp, lip on that side is sometimes sensitive too, even when showering and water hits it. I have no doubt that grinding the teeth is a contributory factor, but I've also seen no change through different style mouthguards. I suspect it could be this, through my Dr Google: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20353344 although this refers to light stimulation, not chewing or biting or gulping.

I am going to get out of pajamas and walk the dog. I think the rain has stopped. Dh is sleeping in front of the TV ;)

I have made absolutely no progress in identifying DNA matches for the cousin that I tested. On the other hand, I have a ton of research to process soon and also got a response from a DNA match naming some surnames.

-get dressed
-walk the dog
-brush teeth (ouch ouch ouch)
-start soup for supper
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:03 pm

this is similar to what dd younger has on the rest of her body - mostly her legs and arms. A sportscaster's wife, in our area, has the horrible facial pain and they are raising awareness. dh's cousin in her work days was a physical therapist for facial pain.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:04 pm

dd younger is scanning photos for me of uncles
worked on my checking account and charge account and balanced them or see what I owe.

set up my week: bwp
Now for other things.

I don't want to do housework.

ordered groceries for tomorrow - I didn't want to do this but I am running errands with d aunt tomorrow.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:47 pm

Men.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:58 pm

Storming here, and at one point tornado-like, but that was brief. To the point, however, that 4 huge cedars fell over on our road, sort of in front of ds' house from dveryrichcousin's property. HRH is determined that he must go and move these trees so traffic can pass. ? Never mind that the responsibility is the county's. Or that our tractor is not as big or new as cousin's, who probably has several pieces of equipment to work on this with, but may be thinking he'll do it after the rain. Also his fence costs a bundle, let's not be the ones to help wreck it. :roll: Dstepson tried to talk HRH out of it and so did I. Ds is at work with a lot worse emergencies blaring all around him, so he just has to trust that someone here has good judgement. Sigh. I think this has to do with noticing an opportunity to be first to help. I think dstepson was asleep after long hours at work, too. Ddil and I both said WAIT, but .. ...

Whenever a man is convinced I'm wrong... .. well, it's just highly unlikely he's thinking straight.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:16 pm

Oh good gracious, (((Harriet.)))
Not the kind of thing dh here would do bc first, we have no tractor, etc. (Lots if other reasons.)
I can see my ddad trudging out to save the day like that, though.
Well, since no one can slow HRH down, I hope it turns out okay.

We are drying out a bit, I guess.

We had a great day yesterday — rain when we left, but we got ahead of the storm and the weather was fine till we started home. Just lots of rain on the drive back.
And I think all they got here was rain.

4 hrs sleep — but dgs and I made it to church, as did ds. DH, who did at least 75% of the driving yesterday, had hit his limit and he stayed home.
I have slept most of the afternoon.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:07 pm

I have walked the dog, and did a rock drop, painted a few others that are waiting for final coats. I have a plan for dinner. Got the kitchen swept missed that one this week glad to have that done.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:12 pm

lol MEN! totally understand!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:14 pm

~~~~Waving Hi to all~~~~~

I've enjoyed CUOP. Hoping everyone stays safe in the bad weather.

Today was normal Sunday. Attending church, teaching Children Church (16 kids), lunch with family and friends at our favorite restaurant.

Yesterday I made the decision to put DS9 back on his Tourettes meds. The tics have exceeded DS9 ability to deal with them and reached a point that the side effects of the medicine are worth it. He is wearing a mouth guard 24 hours a day due to a tic that has made a sore on the inside of his mouth. He takes the mouth guard out when he eats but leaves it in for everything else. He talks a bit slurred while wearing the mouth guard but can be understood. I have about a half dozen prescription meds on hand for his Tourettes. I chose the one with the least side effects and am thankful that it seems to be helping. This med causes DS9 to be lethargic and he complains that he has a hard time being active because it drops his blood pressure. He is playing outside now with neighborhood friends and seems to be coping okay.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:43 pm

hugs prayers all.
busy day here today.
yoga to get to
then play catchup
helper comes.

ikwym Twins re jaw mouth. will write later.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”