SLOGGING THROUGH SUNDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

SLOGGING THROUGH SUNDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:48 am

As bookkeeper said late yesterday -she was 'slogging' through some things. I'm sure that many, many of us are 'slogging' through today in one way or another. Know lots are experiencing rain, freezing rain, ice, snow. Stay safe out there whatever your condition.

I've thought about dh most of the night -thus another toss and turn night. Will be glad to hear that all are snug as a bug in a rug. Dh was contemplating going to DS-A's for the night. Dsonil just wanted to stay at the RV. Sure that everyone is ready for some nice weather. Even here we're supposed to have severe weather later today. Had wanted to go to Disney to celebrate what would have been dgdZoe's 7th birthday, but caution says stay home.

Need to eat breakfast as BS was low this morning and I'm really feeling it.

May try to head to B est B uy after church today to see about purchasing a phone. It's obvious mine is toast.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Re: SLOGGING THROUGH SUNDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:34 am

happy birthday to you dgd zoe (love that name)!

wishing you a great day d dee!

wishing everyone a great day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:35 am

Yesterday I took the entire day off except for morning routines.
I didn't do anything - nothing! But I must have needed it. 8-)

It is still raining and freezing, windy and grey.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:30 am

I woke up to the sound of rain this morning @ 5:00 waited till after daylite to fed hens the rains had stopped by then. BS was better today. So glad we had better weather than this for hauling off branches yesterday. Journaling is done not much else.

Keep thinking of the gal that wanted to surprise folks with a meal in the craft group Booksaver said in a post last nite some people have food alergies like me, I think that is a mega bad idea! Yes that was Ugly!
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:37 am

Good morning, Dee, it would be slogging through the rain and wind here as well. I drove home late yesterday afternoon, getting in here around 8 p.m., just as it got good and dark. Rain, and blowing rain, all the way home for 2.5 hours.

Today will, hopefully, be a quiet day. I need to get a list going for tomorrow, when I have a noontime online discussion, then drive to K-town again for the Master Local Historian program. Will be a drive home after dark.

Other stuff for the week:
-dr appt - the pain in my mouth has me nearly to the point of eating soup all the time, and only eating on one side of my mouth
-mother - ck in with social worker and nurse, to ascertain what is going on - re: phone call last Friday

Right now I'm on the computer - just got DNA results for the first cousin of my father. I visited him on 15 March to get the DNA.

I got a good amount of research done at the TN state library and archives. Looked up microfilmed info in four counties.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:37 pm

The freezing rain just started so it will be a long drive home since we are just getting on the road.

Service went very well and I love preaching up here. My 'voice', literally and figuratively, is different from MF's so they like the change and he likes knowing I will be respectful of his liturgy.

The windshield is warming up and the rain is letting up so we may be fine.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:52 pm

Hello Everyone! The weather was so nice yesterday, it was hard to imagine the weather we are about to experience this afternoon. We now have a "Lake Wind Advisory" until 8 pm, also a coastal flood watch. I woke with overcast skies and gusty wind this morning. I have been watching the radar showing the rain just off the coast for us. Yes, it is coming, Dee and Harmony. :!:

Dh and I both slept in this morning, so we watched our church service before eating breakfast. Today will be a quiet day for me. All my weekly/weekend routines were done Friday and yesterday, so today will be a day of rest. This will free me for some quiet tasks such as clearing my email, reading, basic routines (eating and napping,) etc.

Oh, now our entire county is under a tornado watch...See you when this is all over. Stay safe everyone.

p.s. this link shows what our weather is currently: http://www.beachtourism.com/oaksofclearwater/index.html (use the camera control to see other views; Clearwater Beach or Sandkey. Or: https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webca ... beach.html
Last edited by Sunny on Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:38 pm

Front of the car is all iced up. We are about 30 minutes from home now. I postponed my lunch so we are driving straight home to get off the road. Wind is bad and dh says this is not a pleasant drive and he's anxious to get home.

We may have to stop to clear the windshield.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:43 pm

((Sunny and her community)) and yes, thinking of Dee's and Harmony's communities as well. Stay safe SLOGGING out there, guys! I guess lucylee is drying out?

Travel blessings are hoped for the In Canadas.

Nancy, I agree, I couldn't get
BookSaver's post about the meal out of my mind.

BookSaver, thank you for the very understandable account of your days lately! You must be great at making clear reports for your library workplace or sewing group(s). It's good you were able to opt out of a get-together you could see in advance wouldn't be much enjoyment. How are you liking driving lately? :) New car smell? :D

Elizabeth
, sometimes there can be arm muscular pain after long hours driving or tense driving?

Twins' Mom, I hope you get wise counsel from the dr. I have become convinced that my pain (intermittent - like a month or two goes by and I'm okay, then boom) comes mainly from a saliva gland with a tendency to become blocked. For instance, a sour food I ate last evening caused a swelling/pain and then was gone and then not long after suddenly the saliva gland began to react and produce saliva too late - without anything in my mouth. So ultimately fine, but not acting in sync with events. :? Some other time, however, the pain might remain and the swelling remain, which is what sent me to dr. I would say (not that I am a good example) dentists know as much about mouths as doctors, whether tissues or not, so maybe go there. Also as dr and I agreed, excellent hydration is bound to be good, no matter what! (smile - I would NEVER have thought of that on my own)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:32 pm

Home safe. Dressed in warm clothes now. The car was hot to keep melting the ice on the windshield but emotionally we were cold so I will have some soup for my lunch.

Return to “Post When You Can”