MONDAY MESSES

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

MONDAY MESSES

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:56 am

Many will have messes to clean up today/this week from all the stormy weather this weekend. Hoping you will all have sunny times ahead. And for those areas that have April disguising as January: may you really have the sunshine to put a new slant on things. Or perhaps you have messes to clean up inside.

DD was far less than happy with dsonil last night. Different things that came up through the day that I'm sure made her wonder if she really wanted him to be up north with her all summer. But it will all work out I'm sure. He did tell her he was going to be very particular about stones getting in their cars from the driveways (good luck with that one btw). Our drives are all smaller gravel and it's nigh on to impossible not to track them into the vehicles. And he wants their vehicles spotless. She told him, "Help me not to be confused here. You could care less about what the house looks like or any of the improvements we've made or still need to do. BUT the car you drive around in is topmost?" Oh she was not happy. He wants to have their jeep painted which would be way more cost than it's worth.

Had a decent night's sleep last night.

Did finally get me on this computer as administrator and we got dsonil's dmom off completely. DD tried to do something with the Office package but it's still shutting down on me every few minutes. Will try to get the council minutes done and sent. Then I will try to take the computer back to factory settings. If it doesn't work I will definitely look into a new computer once I'm up home.

We went to B est B uy after church with the thought of getting a new phone. Geek squad told me to bring mine back for service again first. They put a new battery in about 3 weeks ago. Had same problem of phone dying and getting hot so took it back. They 'determined' it was because apps were running and showed me how to remove them after use. I've been doing that and have the same problem. So they want me to bring it back and tell the G squad that. Have an appointment at 2:20. I also looked up online what I owe on my phone -about $37. Dh owes about $77. I may try paying mine off later today before I research a new phone.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Re: MONDAY MESSES

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:29 am

Good Morning!

My plan for today -
6 FoF Accountability group & 12 tools
7 Breakfast & FoF call
7:45 Bible & Devotional
8 Math
9 Travel
10 Coop Class
11 Coop Class
12 Lunch picnic
1 Travel
2 Paperwork
3 Bedrooms deep clean
4 Outside= raise my heart rate
5 Dinner
6 FoF Call
7:30 4 G's

My goal is for about 80% success
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:35 am

d dee good morning. I am so happy you had a great night sleep!
d lady good morning big day for you!
have a great day both of you and everyone!

re cars and my dh.
My dh is the same way about his car the entire time we dated and we have been married.
His car is spotless. He doesn't use it when it is snowing or storms and uses my or dd younger's 4 wheel drives. He has to wait using our cars until they are free from our use. He used to be as picky about my car but I had to put a kibosh on that one. it was so bad that now He no longer can make choices for dd's or for myself about what kind of car to buy or how or where we can use our cars. (that was a hard one to give up for him). My d mom's up north home had a gravel road and he would go crazy at the sounds of the dings of the stones, lol and I was going slow. It had nothing to do with pride of anything else but this was the one place he felt was his and could control. He loves cars. He also, lol, couldn't understand why we didn't feel the same as he did regarding the thrill of cars. 8-)

Dh also has wanted improvements before we could afford it and would say it was needed now when it wasn't. I don't know if this would help but I have had to do this with my dh. I have had to say I knew it was important for him but maybe we could save for it each month so it gets done. I don't get why it's so important but for my dh it is. (but I have things that I feel are important and he doesn't get it but tries to see my side. He still does things and then it's on him to pay it slowly because he jumped the gun. dd older and younger has told him that if he takes their car in that not to make a decision without asking otherwise he would be the first to put new tires on before I could save up for it (tires weren't bad). He went in and got my brakes fixed because he felt it was time - he paid for it out of his checking account and expected the money right away from me but I can't this month and it wasn't a necessity. So the consequence for him is going to have to wait getting paid back because I am having things repaired at the house. I will pay him back $100 at a time, not to be mean but bc I can't let myself go broke for the months ahead. (oh dh and I have separate checking accounts so that helps me).

Wishing your dd the best. I understand the issue!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:18 am

Weather is messy here and that is making me unmotivated. There's no way I can go outside at the moment. At some point, it should switch to rain and when it does, I'll go out. The roads aren't too bad once you get off the side street (2 blocks for us.) And there's very little traffic so the cars are moving at speed. I don't want to go out and have to scrape the car after my errand so that's why I'm waiting for 100% rain, no ice mixed in.

The wind is very bad so the chandelier is swinging. Something has happened to our bedroom window and the wind is coming through even though the window is still fully latched. Sigh.... Can't tell if water is getting through, the window has humidity on it from the vaporizer.

There's power out all over but just in small patches, tree branches taking down a line here or there. At least one rural road is completely shut due to all the power poles snapping together and an outlet mall is shut due to the power lines breaking in their parking lot. Most of our local shopping area is out but should be repaired in a few minutes.

Today is the first day of school for the refugee kids and the school buses are cancelled. Most kids walk to that school so I let him know it would be open but not a regular school day.

I've updated my bullet journal for the week (doing the decorative stuff) and have refilled the vitamin container. Breakfast is done. I'm starving for some reason so trying to force myself to s2s and put fresh sheets on the bed before having a snack.

The sound of the wind and ice on the window is completely distracting. I may have to move to the kitchen to work today. That is on the non-wind side of the building and is completely quiet.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:23 am

Just checked the power outage map. We are now surrounded by outages and the power has flickered twice in the last 10 minutes.

Working on a non-electricity plan for the day. Laptops are fully charged so if I disappear, that's just because we've lost internet.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:35 am

stay safe with the messy weather d kathryn
wishing your d new friends (children) a good first day of school!
Hope your electricity doesn't go off and that the power outages end for everyone there.

praying for safety for all in bad weather.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:39 am

I can't believe it is still snowing here! You would never know it was spring.
We haven't planted peas or anything because the weather is more winter than spring.

I have to pick up d aunt today for grocery store. dd's and dh are worried that I will be overwhelmed again with caring for d aunt. She is young but her back is shot. she is about 74 or 75? She can't walk for more than a couple feet. I just can't do it again except for d mom and she is younger than all of us in body! I might suggest that she get a medical alert in case she falls or can't get out of bed.

ready to start my day.
I ordered groceries :shock: as I made my menu yesterday and I will be with d aunt today.
today is my errand day instead of Thursday this week.

what I have, hopefully, on my plate

ROUTINES: including fitness
BWP: Errands
home blessing: dusting day through house
ZONE: CLOSETS (HERE) 10 MINUTES
BATHROOMS (FL) 27 THING FLING

call tollway system to find out why they are charging so much and which car it is.
get money from dd older and younger to dh they owe.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:53 am

oh my gosh I am going to have to be annoying because I am loosing focus fast and will have to list every move until I get into my routines goal.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:01 am

H is home & on call nothing on the books this morning at work, it is raining. The dog is tickled,

I have journaled sone. H started sheets. Glad I did zone work in the master bathroom last nite. I will do the other bathroom next. Kitchen needs attn. In a bit.

I need to do a m routine. Store run needed in the next day or so.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:28 am

I was up and about around 7:30 this a.m. and have responded to an Ancestry DNA match. This is a major breakthrough actually. I've long suspected that my ancestor came from this family but haven't had a DNA match close enough. Before this match, I believed I had enough indirect evidence for a proof argument and this seals it. I may use this for the next big assignment in the Pro Gen group, I don't think it's strong enough for my portfolio but I'm still thinking on it. It's kind of a "duh" moment when a woman names her second child "Abraham (her maiden name for the middle name) surname," that Abraham could be her father's first name but it has taken me years to consider that! :shock:

Who wants to do routines when one can be experiencing such excitement as outlined above?

I had a not so great night - woke up several times in pain. When dkids came for soup last night dd suggested that I try hydrocodone for the pain. I have some that was prescribed for dh for a bad tooth, and that did help, except that it obviously wore off during the night.

Right now:
-breakfast and meds
-call doctor's office for an appt later this week, I can't do anything until Wednesday and doc is off on Thursday. Maybe it will get better?
-email to state library guy
-empty dishwasher, clear kitchen counters
-s2s

We had snow flurries this a.m., particularly on the mountains and we have a freeze warning again for tonight. No tomatoes and basil in the ground yet! I'm going to Knoxville again late this afternoon for the evening history session, high there is only to be 44 today!

We had a deed wander through our backyard this morning. She saw that she was cut off by the neighbor's fence on the far side of us and went back into the woods below us. Muffin never saw her, but I bet will nose out her trail later.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”