Tuesday Ta Dah!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Tuesday Ta Dah!

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:52 pm

I have a doctors appointment to get the cyst drained and discuss future options tomorrow. Thank goodness! Not fun to have a cyst that makes it hurt to sit down when you have a desk job and a two hour commute. I should be getting a cat Wednesday or Saturday, depending on others' schedules.

Tonight is with DD16. Since it is finals week, I think I know what our plans are.

I wanna eat with Harriet! I haven't seen crowder peas since moving to NM 20+ years ago.

Like Kathryn, I hate self checkout. Especially at WalMart. Their machines process all your scanned items, then give you the option of paying by check. Eventually, the person managing the self checkout station comes over, tells you checks are not allowed there. Then you get to wait while they void your transaction. After which you get sent to a very LOOOONG line elsewhere. Why don't they have a sign for cash and cards only? Why do the machines appear to allow checks, when they should not? I do everything in my power to avoid shopping there. Hate hate hate!

TwinsMom: I don't think Dad has considered huge surprises, nor has the cousin who persuaded him to do it. He is expecting more cousins, not half-siblings. It would be nice if he could reconnect with the one cousin on that side he did meet once. They looked very much alike. At 82, he would be pleasantly surprised to find his uncles, but is not expecting it.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:11 pm

take care all
heading out! I hope the traffic isn't too bad.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:55 pm

I slept very little. Home phone rang twice in the 45 min I tried to sleep. I picked up new meds and dh's iron and ran into the grocery also. My house looks like a hurricane hit. I need to do some basic straightening up.

-reboot laundry
-make the bed (didn't get it done before I left for dr appt)
-clear back long kitchen counter and breakfast bar
-fold the lol from the dryer
-peel and cube butternut squash
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:56 pm

I have been to the dump w h and ddog glad to gave that pesky chore done he got off early.

I have slow cooker going with soup for dinner used up some left - overs, when I put the stuff in the crock pot after cooking up the meat, the ddog was waiting near it and after a few min was whine-ing for some, kitchen smelled good. Today has gone great.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:12 pm

Tuesday's washing in and away.
dishes were washed.
filled green bin and extra in regular bin.

Wed
clouds today? perchance a few drops of wet stuff.
tmeds, started cereal cooking
rdgs
dress bed face
eat
teeth
bagged lib books to go

next
taichi - bus.
lib on way home.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:12 pm

I cannot believe how good the soup was for dinner. Yum! I have done after dinnee clean up.

Former 1st lady Barbara Bush has died at age 92. In case you have not heard.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:34 pm

Home from the second round. It didn't go particularly well either.

First stop was to pick up something. She gave me the wrong phone number so when I texted for her to meet me in her lobby, she didn't come. I waited 15 minutes.

Car wash went fine, no lineup. Of course, we were in a snowstorm at that time!

Got off the highway to get gas. No lineup at Costco (minor miracle) but I am not good about paying for gas this way and somehow pressed the wrong button so filled up with premium gas. So the fact I drove out of my way to get cheap gas was wasted by paying $5 too much for my tank of gas.

The highway on ramp from this place was closed.

Got to my meeting on time. In fact I was first but two others showed up as I was unloading my car.

They didn't have quorum for the meeting although that showed up about 20 minutes later.

Meeting went as well as can be expected (this is my work on shutting down the church or coming up with a plan of action to avoid that.) We have clear outcomes from tonight's meeting which include me doing a whack of writing while in Toronto with dh. I'm also doing the first two of the evening services, one in August and the other in September. So that means that for the 8 Sundays our church is responsible for filling the pulpit while the minister is away, I'm doing 3. Couldn't do that when I was licensed since my church won't pay me for this work.

It is still snowing but not as hard now. The view out the window during the meeting was like a Christmas card scene of snow covered pine trees. Quite lovely, just not April 17 like weather.

I've contacted the person who gave me the wrong number and I'll try tomorrow to pick up the item. I also have to pick up a library book. There's a concert in the morning so I'll probably take the bus to the library on the way home.

My morning today went well. Dgs was delightful as usual. He and I went to the bwa bwa (library) but it wasn't storytime day so dgs was confused. He kept taking me to the meeting room and having me open the door to prove we weren't missing out on seeing the other babies! Then he decide it was time for food. He shouted "fooo" all the way home and then at his mother who calmly told him it was another 30 minutes until his lunch. She does potty first then put him in his chair. He shouted again for food (which was still defrosting) so she gave him toast to quiet him down. He had finished breakfast just 90 minutes before he let me know he was fading away to nothing. Dd is convinced he thought he could trick me into giving him a snack. It would have worked if she wasn't home when we got back from the library!

I then visited with the refugees. We got Google Chrome working on their computer but the antenna I bought was lousy. (For $50 it should have worked much better.) So I'm returning the antenna. In the meantime, they can watch streaming things so they are happy.

I'm off to finish up the minutes from tonight's meeting and then off to bed.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:31 pm

I'm pleased with the minutes. They are written and sent.

I'm also shell-shocked with all I have to do.

I love you guys. You never complain when I say that, over and over, again.

See you tomorrow.

My morning includes live Mozart music and an intimate time with an orchestra so I shall be renewed and hopefully empowered by that energy.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:08 pm

Hello d Kathryn d Lucy d lynlee d Nancy d twins and all

Sitting in parking downtown waiting for dd younger and d sil#4 - the play should b over soon - they went to see Hamilton. It didn’t take long to get down here - let’s see how long it takes to get home 8-) :D have a great day lynlee and sweet dreams to all
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:17 pm

Elizabeth, here, in the frozen aisles, I am sometimes able to find the "Pictsweet Farms" brand of frozen Crowder peas. Anyway, I'm pleased with them, just the simple peas. For dry, finding online might be it. I craved Crowder peas when pregnant with dd38 and have never stopped loving them.

Be emboldened, Kathryn.

I have strung two good healthy habits days together - rare.

Oh, and I visited my colorist. At local pharmacy, found the color that's just one off my favorite, in the old formula - a rare sighting. At this point I'm relieved for a while, since the new formula hasn't been a hit with me, and this is close to right. I'm considering going back to that store and buying the last two they had. I wish it was slightly lighter rather than slightly darker, but I'll take it.

Return to “Post When You Can”