Tuesday Ta Dah!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Tuesday Ta Dah!

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:56 am

Let's list our Ta Dahs for today and focus on what we have accomplished. We all have those nasty long l*sts that Harriet despises, but we'll focus on the good stuff that we, amazingly, have done.

Have a great day, Friends!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Tuesday Ta Dah!

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:22 am

Some ta dahs from yesterday:

-drove to K-town and back for evening seminar
-made dr appointment, rescheduled the guy picking stuff up today
-talked to dmom's hospice nurse to resolve issues
-sent ancestry message to DNA match lady
-participated in one hr online discussion
-got Y-DNA results for dcousin that I got DNA from last month, looked at results briefly, mystified

Plan for today:
-dr appt at 11:15.
-find titles for dkids cars for dh, he wants to transfer cars to them
-thank you notes re: dbro's passing
-what else?

Right now...
-breakfast and meds
-clean up, brush teeth, get dressed
-walk the ddog
-kitchen clean up
-add the garbage in the kitchen can to that dh took out to the street last night

I am feeling like I started a cold overnight. Perhaps it is allergy, but it was 36 degrees and spitting snow last night when I left K-town.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:45 am

Morning quickly ...

Went to the gym yesterday and did two classes. My body is sore, wonder why :lol:

Blessed the house on thu.
Did closets Friday as well as laundry
Migraine Friday night
Recovery Sat.
Groceries Sunday
2.5 hours at gym, shopping at Sprouts and library yesterday
Gym today, then mall stop then dinner with friends tonight

Waving to y’all ...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:47 am

it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:01 am

Good morning everyone. I didn't have much in the way of ta dahs yesterday. I did get gasoline and made sure I don't have overdue library books. The latter had to be done on the computer, so I got sidetracked onto computer jigsaws for a while. I did a minuscule amount of declutter in the MBR and sewing room. I have decided to give away the curtains I was given a year ago. They are nice, but I just don't have the urge to put them up. Too bad really, because the blinds in the sewing room are damaged and crooked. I'd rather get new blinds. Not that they are in the budget any time soon.

Lara is out and about in her new home, on the bed and purring for her new person. She does still go under the bed sometimes, but it may just be curiosity. There is no access to under beds in the house she has lived in for 6 years. Briggs yowled briefly last night. Not sure if he is happy being the only cat or not. The animal org has lined up a new cat for me, probably to arrive Saturday. This past year, cats that were supposed to have come to me have found permanent situations before getting here.

I have a meeting this morning that I am supposed to have done homework for. I couldn't make heads or tails of it. I am still waiting on a doctor's call about the cyst that is making me miserable.

My dad is also having his DNA done. His parents separated when he was three and he never knew his father. I hope he is not in for some rude surprises. Like finding out he is not really an only child. I can't imagine my aunt being very thrilled either. "Aunt" is really dad's first cousin, whose family took him in at the age of 3 and remembers when he "couldn't talk". It's now believed he was capable of speech, but only in Spanish, because his parents worked in Panama.

In answer to blessedw2's question from yesterday, DD16's finals are this week and she has a project due Tuesday. This school has finals every 22 days, but she knew that going in. Despite this, it is probably the best school for her and she does not want to change.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:10 am

Free day for me here. Glad I got so much done yesterday yea me, mostly bc I did mot leave the except to walk the dog house, we had weather in the morning. H was off a couple hrs.

Tues. Trash day here can is at the curb.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:15 am

I am so happy for your dd d Elizabeth - good for you!

dd younger had a migraine again last night. But she spent the day with her d cousin and had a lovely time which is great.

I am so late coming here and I woke at 7:30 am. Where does the time go!
I pulled my journal and my cards
I was supposed to go to ww today but I am so late on everything. I will look up if there is a meeting tomorrow.
I went hog wild last night. no reason. back on track.

I have to take dd younger and d sil #4 downtown so they can go to a play. I have to see if my d mom's car works so that I can use it downtown and I don't have to pay for parking. I have to leave here at 3ish so I don't have a lot of time.

d aunt's errands took longer than I expected but I did get to the tar-jet errands which was a must.

hoping today:
1. my routines
2. BWP: bathrooms
3. Zones: from here (closet 15 minutes)

Home blessing: clean mirrors and window smudges

round robin if possible - 10 minutes
no garden 15 as it is freezing outside (snow is melting on grass but other areas it is still there).

I can pretend that work doesn't need to be done but that won't help.
I left the kitchen and family room in a state last night bc I was exhausted but should have forced myself to do a put away last night so that I didn't have to have the consequences today of looking sloppy

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:17 am

I am so far behind already today: I am sorry I can't say hi individually but I am thinking of you!
Have a great day! :D

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:03 pm

Ta-dah!??? Afraid I have none -other than adding dh to our cell phone account. Evidently he's never been on there. His phone completely died this morning and he went to the A T T store and they rebooted it. They told him he needed to be added to the account if he ever needs anything else done. Think our phones have an epidemic going. I've been doing with mine what they suggested at the A pple store yesterday -no change in results. They even deleted the w eather b ug which seemed to be using a lot of battery.

I've been very tired and achy today, despite a fairly good night's sleep. I finally decided, after wrapping in a blanket for 2 hours, that I was just plain cold. I've turned the heat on just long enough to take the chill off in the house and then I'll turn it off. Fortunately I don't have to go anywhere today. Tomorrow I have to be out shortly after 10 as I have my toenails done and a hair cut. Not sure if I made an appointment for a perm then or not. If I did, it's okay -otherwise I'll do one before I head north.

Maybe I'll try to get one "ta dah" done and that might lead to some others.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:23 pm

I had to do 3 x 15 on the kitchen - I still had to put the rest of the groceries away and a bit of prep, clean from last night, toss from fridge, counters, stove top, cleaned sink and back of sink, Truth: I did not at all want to do it but I did. Still cranky about it but no martyrdom 8-) ;)

did 1 x 15 for spots or dog prints or people prints on mirrors and glass/windows - Home blessing done :x feeling cranky when doing it but it is done :D 8-)

went through emails
listed spending - I need to subtract check I wrote yesterday off of my checking account.

hi d dee
hi d elizabeth
hi d rose yay on your home blessing
and gym etc.
hi d twins I need a ta dah! thank you! yay on your ta Dahs!

Have a great to you too!

Return to “Post When You Can”