Tuesday Ta Dah!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Tuesday Ta Dah!

Postby Harmony » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:09 pm

I am stiff and sore from all my recent Ta Dah's. And it is chilly here too. That storm that came through Sunday left us cooler than I am used to.

Today I vacuumed the family room rug. I'd worked a bit more on the edge last night before bed. Did the master bedroom rug today, vacuumed and shampooed that one. That one turned out nice. I was shocked at what came out of it because it doesn't get used much at all and it didn't really look dirty. Just goes to show...

A little depressed to think all this work does not last and will need done over and over and over...

I got my desk straightened out and checks in the mail. Also wrote a letter and sent a birthday card. Got 1 LOL done and hanging up.

Going to go take it easy for a bit. My neck is really sore right now.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:02 pm

toddlerC just left with Mommy. I love her to pieces, but she wears me out. She came running back to me for a "high five!"

So far so good on trying to have another really good healthy habits day. I've had to catch myself over and over, though, before snacking absentmindedly. That's from toddlerC having a new burst of energy and a new idea-reset every 15 minutes, I'm sure. I realized I'd better do something about it, so she and I cooked rice in the instant pot and she got to push buttons. Then she was (reluctantly) patient while I ate rice, crowders and greens before making her extra chocolate almond milk. I suggested she could eat with me instead ;) and after taking a look at the greens, she was patient! "Do you EAT that, Grandma?" (squinty face)

Dd38 reports that WonderBoy has a soccer tournament Sat and Sun closer to us than to them. So we are to expect them to drive in Sat at about 3:30, spend the night and leave super early Sunday morning - so early that they'll be gone when I get ready to go to music rehearsal.

Thanks, Harmony - yes, if names do it, we're kinfolk.

lucylee, I got a good laugh out of being able to gin the hay. Ya'll must have high quality over there! My dmother and her siblings - and any friend their age, really - could dissolve into giggles over what must have been THE joke of the cotton pickin' world in their teen years. First guy traveling the road with cotton to sell at the gin ahead, and hoping to hear a good price, hollers the too-common phrase, "What's cotton today?" And the teens picking in the field hold their sacks up and holler back, "It's this little white fuzzy stuff!" Everyone my parents' age thought that was the height of comedy.

lucylee, I despair of grammar, punctuation and sentence structure - I especially groan over the decorative memes (?) HRH shows me in which someone spent time choosing a large font, neon colors and fancy background to call attention to their one sentence. But doesn't proof read it. It's like hearing Bill Engvall in my head - herrrre it is.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:06 pm

Speaking of ta-dahs I may not have many today. I'm back from dr appt and feel awful - like I either have a cold or allergies acting up. I can hardly breathe because my nose is draining like a faucet. She does think the pain may be what I mentioned yesterday, Trigeminal neuralgia although it doesn't seem exactly consistent based on where my pain is. But she wrote a script for meds that may help and wants to see me again in 3 weeks. The parking garage was a mess, I ended up going into a space that was marked very faintly "Reserved" but I'm not sure if it is currently reserved. People were backing up in the garage because the upper level was marked off as staff parking.

I took steak out of the freezer earlier for dinner. I hope I can eat it. I'll get some asparagus at the grocery when I go to the drugstore to get the script, and have butternut squash and asparagus with grilled steak.

I think I will set an alarm and take a short nap. I got in last night about 10:30 after a long drive, but didn't go to sleep until past 11:30. I was awake at least once with my mouth hurting a lot, then wasn't sleeping well because of the stuffy nose.

Elizabeth, I hope your ddad doesn't have any huge surprises in his DNA results. At least he knows there's that possibility going in; a lot of folks have never considered that there may be surprises.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:28 pm

hi d harriet and hi d twins.

My moms car would not start so I have to get someone to put a new battery in it before she comes home.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:42 pm

I am, for whatever reason, a big slug today. I resemble a sloth a lot! Going to do the dishes if I can push myself enough to do it.

Just got the mail and dd has not one, but 7 credit card offers. Most of her mail is just that. Once in a while we get one, but hers are ridiculous.

Not sure if dd is working late, tutoring today or not. Know they have testing this week. She loves it! NOT!

I finally cleaned out a plastic tub that was in our room yesterday. It was dsonil's for the most part. In it I found about 8 coffee table motorcycle books, papers from his old screen printing business when he lived in Plant City, envelopes with his divorce papers and annulment/divorce papers for dd -she and dsonil have been married for nearly 23 years! Also came across a big folder of all their papers for their first house. They've lived in this one for well over 17 years. She gave me permission to shred most of them. Said she had looked for her divorce papers back when she applied for something many years ago. They're now in a safe place with their other important papers. And she has an empty tub to store reasonable things in in the garage. I put all of dsonil's books & a few papers in a large bench that DS-A made many, many years ago. It was empty and these things will probably stay in there for at least the next dozen years or so more than likely.

Okay off to see if I can at least do a 'ta dah' with the dishes.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:50 pm

No time to catch up. No time to post my ta-dahs. I will update, probably tomorrow.

I'm annoyed at the grocery store which pulled out the prepared food counter cash and replaced it with a self-checkout that among other things requires you to turn the food container upside down. But I managed to confuse it further and no-one came to solve the problem, nor is there a cancel button. I hit the call attendant button 3 times (twice after people behind me started to ask why I wasn't finishing my transaction.) Then I hit it like 20 times, still no-one came so I left without anything to eat for lunch. Phoned dh from the parking lot and told him to start boiling eggs immediately. I still had to wait 5 minutes for them to finish when I got home and would have preferred the chicken I had to eggs but my diet is blown today anyway because tonight's meeting includes dinner of pizza. So I get to pay to blow my diet. Sigh....

My blood sugar still hasn't settled since eating lunch 30 minutes ago and I'm still starving but now I'm on the warpath too.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:59 pm

Hate the 'self check outs' now, Kathryn, but even more so the 'scan and go'. Won't do either if I can help it. W M has changed most of their registers to accept both and the ones around here have maybe 3 cashiers left and a long wait. Needless to say, I go as seldom as possible. Would rather go to P ublix and spend more money unfortunately.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:10 pm

Errands done, left at 8:00 lots of checkers then but when needed only one; people were double lined up I complained loudly and more than once some one closer to an employee had her call for more of them, they had helpers at the self check out lane, used that earlier for hen feed and a couple other items but had to come back in for the food we were out of everything, sigh ... had to have a ring sent in for repairs it broke a prong in less than a week. Gld to get those done before the meeting. Good news vits were back in stock. I had decided that if they wrre not in I would get a diff brand. We use the packets of diab ones. I go to the scan and go and just say I need help. :lol:

I was right on time for our knitting meeting. I have a new pattern to try out but want to reverse it so the cast on is easier.

Lunch is over, nearly time for hens free range time.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:37 pm

hi d dee

hi d nancy

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:39 pm

sorry I still can't see how you all's day is going - I hope it is going wonderfully.

I did 15 minutes cleaning the shower but it still needs more :shock:
did my Tuesday bathroom BWP - it was a good 30 minutes for all the bathrooms today.

Return to “Post When You Can”