Wednesday Keep it Going

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Wednesday Keep it Going

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:24 am

All I can suggest today is to keep the momentum going. It's been a busy week for many of us with storms, unseasonable weather, household work (Harmony) working out again (RR!).

Let's keep our momentum going today!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Wednesday Keep it Going

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:37 am

I never actually made a list for the week. The mouth pain left my Sunday and Monday kind of disconnected. The uncertainty of having to schedule a dr appt and then reschedule the two Tuesday appts left me afraid to plan. Of course, the two Tuesday concurrent things at mother's house ended up on separate days (today and tomorrow) but I'm just plowing on through. I need to regroup today and figure out the rest of the week.

Right now I need to get it together to be out of the house in an hour. :shock: I'll shower after going to dmom's - always like to the get the musty old house smell out of my hair after I've been there.

-breakfast and meds
-change clothes, brush, and floss if I can can
-walk the ddog
-clear kitchen counters
-clear kitchen table and breakfast bars

When I get back I need to do some laundry, house things, and perhaps start on a research project. I'm checking in on getting body work later this week, and also need a pedicure before my feet scare some young child. :o After seeing mid-thirties and snow flurries Monday, it will be 77 degrees today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:46 am

Thank you for keeping us going today d twins!
our old friend Newton popped in my mind when you mentioned momentum.
An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.

Thanks for keeping us in motion d twins!!!

I will work hard to try to keep this body (lol and mind) in motion today! Thanks for helping us keep positive and keep us moving in the right direction.

lol re: pedicure! :lol:
I am late as well but I am going to take aunt next week.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:53 am

The men are supposed to me here soon to do the windows.
We didn't get home until slightly after midnight. dd sil # 4 and dd younger had a wonderful time except they had someone behind them that spoke

My goal I hope:

routines
BWP: Wednesday: Anti-procrastination day and paperwork/balance check book and add up charges.
home blessing: vacuum and swiffer dust and rinse floors (nothing extravagant - no moving things etc)
bathroom: wash shower rug
hoping 10 min round robin - 1 closet

clutter check 1, 2, 3

My truth yesterday: I was cranky doing chores yesterday but I still did them.

checked off my morning routine: throw a load of laundry in the washer
delete emails/check emails or respond.
pull cards
file yesterdays cards

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE
it is always a joy to be here with you!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:11 am

Good morning, villagers ~
DH and I are taking a snow day. Freezing rain and sleet have made the roads dangerous and it's going to continue or get worse throughout the day, with maybe 3 inches of snow on top of the ice. I convinced him to take a vacation day, and I rescheduled my dentist appointment. Not a big deal as long as the power lines don't get iced, because tomorrow the temperature will rise again to above freezing and the snow won't stay around long.

I have laundry and dishes in process. Decided to take a break to cook breakfast.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:05 am

Good morning all! I will be able to keep going much better this evening. My appointment to get that cyst drained is in the afternoon. It's not a pleasant procedure, but I am looking forward to having it GONE. Other things for today are DPCs: one to my regular doctor to discuss celiac testing, the other to a vet to get a copy of a prescription for an adopter.

Friday is finals for DD16, so she studied while I did other things like: regular daily stuff, bills and budget, LOL, and small amount of cleanup. In honor of anti-procrastination day, maybe I will work on the MBR closet. That of course depends on how I feel after the procedure. Last time went ok. I guess it also depends on whether I get a cat tonight. I haven't heard from anyone, so it will probably be Saturday. Unless she, too, finds a permanent situation before arriving.

Back to inventory reports!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:36 am

Morning...

Had a great time with friends last evening. Lots of laughs and fun.

Yesterday it turned out I confused my class at the gym with another one. This one was using weights for the entire class time. Hadn’t planned on doing it till my body was a bit more ready, but oh well I was ther so I did it.

I’m taking today off as I am smart enough now to know my body needs recovery time so that leaves my morning open. I have desk work to do so my morning won’t be wasted. Perry’s here and so is my second cup of coffee. The house is done for the week so I’m good to go.

Tomorrow I plan to see my friend from last night. She gone through tremendous upheavals in her past six months. She discovered her husband was having an affair. Since that time she’s gotten a divorce, sold her home and bought a smaller one. And though we have talked off and on during this time we haven’t had anybody”us” time.

Sweetie and I are visiting friends this afternoon and Friday is my monthly girls luncheon. Sat I am suppose to participate in a MDA walk, but haven’t received any formal information. Need to contact my friend about that, but right now she’s involved in the “RedforEd” campaign going on. Today teachers are voting to strike. Think it may happen...

Off to start my day.... enjoy yours :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 am

Cuop for the past few days and oh, my, so glad everyone is safe!

Checking in (skippable):
My Monday was ... a Monday. All my coworkers and patrons coming into the library were struggling with Monday blues because we're still having winter weather when we're "supposed" to be well into spring.

Attitudes improved in the evening because we had a special free program from a Master Gardener with a slide show of different types of yard art, from whimsical funny inexpensive items to very high-end pottery and sculptures. I couldn't see very much because, of course, I was working the service counter. I could tell that the photos were cheering everyone up, and that continued through cookie time after the program.

(I really wish I was good with plants! DMom can grow anything and everything, but I did not inherit that talent.)

Yesterday morning DH and I had to take care of some bank business in person because the online service wasn't cooperating. Aggravating, since we had to wait for the bank to open, which made DH quite late to work. On the plus side, that got me out of the house early and I was able to run errands before lunch. My library staff meeting in the afternoon was a typical meeting, repeating info we'd already been told, but I admit that sometimes we all need the repetition and confirmation.

Last night I attended an online sewing webinar which was very interesting. I'm hoping they recorded it so I can save it to my hard drive. I don't have need for the techniques right now (sewing different angles of mitered corners) but I would like to have the reference available when I need to watch again.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:40 am

Thanks to those who responded that I was not totally out of line to be upset about the situation with 3-day sewing day camp and diabetic friend.

The fee for the camp was supposed to include 1 main meal per day. The event organizer refused to tell diabetic friend what the 3 meals would be because she wanted to surprise everyone. Diabetic friend had to wait until the meals were being prepared, and I was told the she ended up going home to eat because there was nothing provided that was safe for her to eat.

The issue wasn't that diabetic friend expected special food to be prepared for her, but that she needed to know what would be provided in order to calculate her meds.

I'm glad I decided not to attend this one. That was only 1 of the situations I heard about that I would have found very stressful.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:17 pm

Hi!

Today is the first day we have had sunshine since probably last Thursday or maybe even Wednesday. It has been raining/snowing/windy in all combinations since last Thursday. The ground is saturated and our patio was mostly under water for 2 days from the rain and then it became ice. Lots of fun. As it says on FB, Mother Nature is drunk. Either that or "April showers bring snow plowers."

Fun times around here with a septic system when the ground is soaked. Just in time for me to have a lot of pots and pans needing to be washed and I need a shower. Dh told me at lunch time that he couldn't have a shower this morning because the tub wasn't draining. That is the lowest drain in the house.

Other than that, I have been unstitching 2 different cross stitch projects due to mistakes.

Thank goodness the cd player is working.

Supper tonight is pork chops in Butter chicken sauce. The side dish will be rice.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”