Wednesday Keep it Going

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Wednesday Keep it Going

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:18 pm

a quick hi - as I have been on the computer for an hour :shock:
waving at all of you!

my morning routine is done (I didn't have dishes yet to empty of dw though - so that is for later today)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:20 pm

The orchestra has stomped their feet indicating the rehearsal is over. That's their way of applauding the conductor and soloist.

Now to get my day going.

I was to bed late so was slow going this morning, leading to rushing out the door to get to the concert rehearsal in time.

The program was Beethoven's 7th, Rossini and Mozart. Dh had to leave at the break but I stayed for the Q and A with the piano soloist and then the Mozart. The conductor was a woman, the first professional one I've ever seen and was amazing and fun to watch.

Now for lunch, library and then a pick up of a giveaway item. And perhaps a long walk.

I'm in the new gathering space at our Arts Centre and am loving it. It opened up in the summer and slowly people are discovering it. The place is full of people having brown bag lunches, studying (free WiFi and lots of outlets) or just resting. The energy is great and I wish I had my computer so I could stay and work here.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:15 pm

I am keeping it going. Today I took a few minutes to think about what's my motivation for all this work and why all of a sudden am I wanting to do all this. All I can think is I'm trying to fix things so my life doesn't feel so out of control. I want things to be easier around here. Less work to get the house up to standard for one thing. I can't do that if all the spaces are too cluttered up and then all the covered up spaces need cleaned up.

DH brought in the dreaded rug and put it back in the room, sort-of. What a mess. We had some discussion about that. Now he thinks if I'm not going to use it we should take it to GW. What nutty person would even want this thing now? It seems the more I clean up around here the more he digs in his heels. Am I really living with a Hoarder? No, I think he's pushing back against his "life" as he sees it slipping away. Looking down the road to not working has him stressed about all this stuff.

But I am forging ahead. Today I am cleaning out underneath the kitchen sink. It's all unloaded and washed out and the cleaner holders, I'm just waiting for it to dry. Found some things to throw away there.

My allergies are bad again today. I'm sure it's the dust I'm stirring up with all this.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:45 pm

Harmony, after yesterday I started with Claritin and Flonase nasal spray. I had allergies going all day long.

I am feeling tired and might give myself 30 min for a nap. I don't know whether it's that tiredness may be a side effect of the meds or I really am tired. I slept much better last night, however.

I got to dmom's on time and the guy was there to pick up his stuff. Very pleasant person, we chatted as he packed up. I talked myself into bringing home a few more things. :shock: I texted dnephew who has the yard mowing biz and asked him to mow the yard - I had suggested two weeks ago he mow before this week because I would have an appraiser in the house this week.

Giving myself 30 minutes of down time.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:47 pm

Going to work 45 minutes and then relax 15.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:17 pm

I just kept going with knitting trying to work out a pattern with out the desired results. Sigh.
Soup for lunch was yummy left over from dinner last nite.

I need s change of pace and wilk walk ddog after I dry my hair.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:21 pm

I'm home now. The apartment is lovely and quiet. That has to be mental on my part, dh isn't noisy and seldom leaves his office. Yet he's at the dentist now and it seems quieter than when he's here.

My errands went well. I had my lunch downtown because once I got on the bus I only had 90 minutes of free transfers. I had to wait for the specific bus I wanted (usually we hop on the first bus to come by since almost all buses go to our station.) Once on it, I went through our station and on to the west for the first time since we moved here! That was weird.

This one bus takes me straight to the library and a regional indoor mall with a dollar store, lots of nice shops, places to eat, free WiFi and a grocery store. It doesn't take much more time than driving it and you save parking time (an issue at the library since in only has 8 spots so you end up parking at the mall.) I need to remember this bus!

My book was on hold so I was in and out quickly except I stopped for a bathroom break and missed my bus by seconds. So that was a 12 minute wait, nothing unmanageable.

Next stop was to pick up something from a member of the buy nothing group and that went smoothly. Just as I walked home from her place (she lives right next to my bus station) rain started so my timing was great.

I've picked up the mail and grocery flyers. Now to go back to the bedroom and make the bed.

I'm still thinking of the music this morning. It was wonderful. But for some reason I keep catching myself humming "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus." No idea why!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:41 pm

I am going to break 15 min then work on computer work for 45 min. I haven't written anything for the temple bulletin this time and found some good tidbits online earlier. I also have a research project to work on, and following up on the DNA test I got back yesterday.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:54 pm

My day has been productive but off schedule more than on. I'm okay with being off schedule as long as we keep moving forward. We are still doing homeschool. DS9 is doing his SSR (Sustained Silent Reading) and I'm taking a break.

I have about 45 minutes before picking up DGD6 from school.

I think I will stay home with the kids tonight during church potluck meal and arrive at church when worship service starts. DS9 is going sugar-free this week and I am finding it impossible for a child to resist eating sweets when there are dozens of cakes, pies, candy, cookies in front of him. I don't have a problem resisting them but it seems to be beyond DS9 ability. I truly understand the addiction and desire for sweets until that addiction is broken. I don't know how to help him be disciplined enough to get through the cravings though.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:10 pm

I got 20 rows knitted up. Yea. Walked the dog around the block. Let hens out for free range time.
No construction today it is quiet.

Return to “Post When You Can”