I think its Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

I think its Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:17 am

I also think it is April.

My body and mind says it can't possibly be Thursday. I'm physically exhausted so think it must be the weekend. My mind says "No, it is Tuesday" because you haven't accomplished anything yet this week.

It's snowing and grey and cold so my brain is saying it is March.

Snow at this time of year is normal but usually after significant warm and sunny days so it is a minor setback on the way to summer. This year we haven't had that warm and sunny weather. This doesn't feel like a setback, it feels like a continuation of the misery we've had for the past 6 weeks (when winter should be finally showing signs of breaking.)

Not only that, I feel cheated because today was to be such a day according to the forecast when we were in the freezing rain on Monday. We just had to hold on until today. When the radio came on this morning, they were playing Vivaldi's Spring so I knew it was going to be a nice day.

Nope. The National Arts Centre Orchestra is playing The Four Seasons this weekend so they were promoting that. I can't tell you how defeated I felt when I heard the weather forecast. The snow started shortly after I got out of bed.

There's my depressing start to the day.

I don't think I can do any better than that.

What do you think your day will be like?

Harriet

Re: I think its Thursday

Postby Harriet » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:26 am

You're right, Kathryn - I'm almost positive it's Thursday!

You are mistaken about April, though - it's nowhere NEAR April.

I have a tentative plan with HRH today for a local trip out. A little more than errands, a little less than date-day. Preparing for that, although I'm not sure when.

I left a load of laundry (towels, so okay) in the dryer yesterday so that's first-up.

I continue to work on my lesson for my next teaching opportunity, which doesn't come for a week and a half. I need to put a magnum opus into about 30 to 40 minutes, lol. My brain goes to it during other tasks.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:31 am

I'm so depressed, I'm sitting here crying. This endless bad weather has done me in. But that doesn't mean the taxes aren't due, the refugees don't need support and my corporate year end isn't happening.

At least the work I did on Tuesday was sufficient that I've been excused from the meeting out in the village tonight. We ended up with a clear set of steps towards a clear goal so that can be reported to the Pastoral Charge's joint-board by the board members of my church. Not being a board member, I don't need to be there.

I do need to take the refugees shopping today. And made some returns. And take the carseat base to dd.

Dd has her own challenges. Her in-laws are there which was to be a good thing because that meant she had access to a car for this round of fertility appointments (daily at this point.) Plus a car to do all sorts of fun things with dgs and her dmil while the men-folk worked on household repairs.

Instead, it turns out her dmil doesn't drive anymore (surprise!) and their insurance doesn't include loaning the car to others so dd can't drive it to her appointments. So she'll be busing all the time (50 minutes each way for a 10 minute appointment.) At least dmil should be able to babysit, although she seems to be limited on her walking ability (that's why she won't drive, her legs don't work reliably) so I'm not sure how good she'll be. Dgs doesn't walk so there's no chasing him around but at the same time he needs to be carried from place to place or walked holding his hands but that leaves no hand for a cane. We'll see how today goes.

I'm going to s2s since I need to leave here in about 45 minutes and still haven't had breakfast or tidied the bedroom, let alone dressed.

I'm not prepared at all for the day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:33 am

Hmmm, since dgs needs support to walk, just like Nonna, maybe his Nonno can make him a little cane.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:36 am

Sending warm thoughts to DSHE friends who are still in winter weather....

My day is planned and off to a good start. DD has come and left after spending time with DGD6 this morning.

My plan for today is....
6:00 FoF Accountability group & 12 tools
7:30 FoF Call & Breakfast
7:45 Bible
8:00 Math
9:00 English
10:00 Reading
11:00 Volunteer @school
Noon - lunch
1:00 PE
2:00 S to Dr W
3:30 get M from school
6:00 Dinner served
7:30 4 G's

But who knows what will really happen? Not me. I'll just go through each hour one by one and give it my best effort.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:38 am

((Kathryn)) I would have gotten mad to hear the music of spring, remember the forecast, but look out on same old winter, too. I feel for you, having responsibilities that exceed whatever spaces in calendars/planners. Have you used that S A D light much, lately? That's unfortunate to hear that dgs' other grandmother is having physical difficulty - hoping she can regain some strength.

Good morning, LadyM. Not me, either!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:00 am

((dear Kathryn))) I am praying that warm sunny breezes come your way. Hope today turns around for you.

good morning d harriet
good morning d lady

good morning d everyone!

yesterday I ended up sleeping in the afternoon as a background headache decided to visit me. It's okay that I didn't get anything done and I ate horribly. I have to say that was yesterday and today is today!

so a new day and new possibilities :D

I love when I convince myself that I have everything under control and that power, greater than I, smiles down at me, in humour, and helps me realize that I should not to get too big for my britches. 8-) :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:02 am

I missed my home blessing yesterday and I think I will do that this morning as todays home blessing is a small one (empty the garbage cans) - so hoping to do yesterdays home blessing of surface vacuum and swiffer rinse wood floors.

there is ice on the ground everywhere - poor old dogs when slipping and sliding in the yard this morning.

pulling my cards
I need to ask dd older for her cc so I can change over her I Pass to just her. The problem with I pass is that you can't see which car monitor is going through. I go downtown a few (at least) times a month but she goes down every day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:06 am

Good morning! Here we're plunged back into a high of only 55 today - not anything like Kathryn or Cathy's continuing winter, but for heaven's sake, it was almost 80 degrees here yesterday.

Today I have to meet the appraiser. I'm almost kicking myself for having to turn overlapping Tuesday appts into Wed and Thurs so I could see the doc on Tuesday a.m., but my mouth pain is much better, whether it's the meds or passage of time.

I need to be out of here in 1.5 hrs.
-s2s
-breakfast and meds
-walk the ddog
-make the bed
-fold a lol, if I have time

After the appraiser is done, I might call dd and see if she can blow off work for a bit for a pedicure with me.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:10 am

I 'think' it's Thursday, too. I'll be alone all day here as dd has a Solar Bears hockey game in Orlando tonight. I don't even try to go to school to meet her for weekday games. I don't want to have to drive after dark to come home.

This year we haven't had that warm and sunny weather. This doesn't feel like a setback, it feels like a continuation of the misery we've had for the past 6 weeks (when winter should be finally showing signs of breaking.)
As I said a few days ago, Kathryn: April is posing as January -just hope you up north don't continue from there, but jump into beautiful spring/summer.

DD's flying up home May 3rd and coming back that Sunday. They're getting a new RV which is to be delivered that Friday or Saturday. She needs to help dsonil get the motorhome ready to be driven away and their new site ready to receive the new RV. It took her some doing and finagling to get it done, but she worked the figures enough that they don't have a very big payment for very long. She's also cut out some monthly costs that were really uneeded. She's counting on dsonil to keep this job at least for another year or so.

I'm meeting dsisil and her dsis for lunch in about an hour. Need to get a move on and get at least something done here. Slept very poorly and thus am very tired today.

Went to get my nails and hair done yesterday morning. Oops! Appointment is NEXT Wednesday. At least it's only about 8 minutes down the road.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”