I think its Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: I think its Thursday

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:48 pm

timer in hand: laundry room 15 minutes goal.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:11 pm

It's astonishing what happens when I go to work.

First I cut up that awful rug and rolled it and taped the rolls. I've made a trip to landfill with those and the truck jack that was broken and I had permission to dispose of (heavy) and the big metal hose kettle that somebody gave DH and he was going to hang in a tree for birds to nest. :roll: Rusty inside and bottom rusted through and would be hot (think cooked eggs or birds, yuck). Took it all down and the nice attendant there helped me back into the stall and pulled the rugs out and threw in the big bins for me. I grabbed the metal stuff myself and chucked them over to the big metal recycling piles.

Yahoo!

Swept the floor in the living room again. Put the carpet from the corner of the master bedroom out there. It was only in the corner of the bedroom because we had nowhere else to put it.

2 garbage bins in the garage now back outside in their spot. All that work is done.

I drove by the library and put my book in the collection bin. They are painting that building and no cars are parking in the lot outside. I didn't stop inside but have nothing to read. I did find a book on my shelf I might read.

Must take a rest now, my arms are tired from the rug work.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:39 pm

Big day here! DS9 has completed 100% of his addition fact drills!! It only took about 5 years to get those facts firmly memorized where he can recall them in under 2 seconds. We are celebrating this accomplishment by going to the big city on Saturday to a farm show. DH and I have zero interest in attending this farm show but DS9 loves all kinds of farm equipment and will be thrilled to climb into the equipment cabs, put his hands on the controls and get a drivers view of them.

Hopefully, I can tack a couple of stops onto DS9 day in the big city. I want to visit the M*crosoft store and put my hands on the computer I am 99% sure I am buying. I have done my research but I want to touch & feel before I purchase it. I also want to do a test drive of a couple models of vehicles that are in the possibility lists.

LL - Thank you for the kind words. I am surrounded by people IRL but very few understand what I do every day and it gets kinda lonely. I don't know how I would get through my days without SHE friendships. Ya'll feed my soul in a way that no one else does and you make my world brighter just knowing you. I can come here and CUOP and feel centered by just reading your daily doings. ((((Group Hugs))))
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:48 pm

yay d lady's son!!! how wonderful! what a huge accomplishment for him!

Yahoo is right d harmony! well done!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:50 pm

did my 15 min kitchen duty and 15 min laundry room duty :D

I have one more thing but I might put it off until tomorrow. I have been trying to do one heavy duty from the kitchen once a week.moving :arrow: washing the kitchen doors to tomorrow.

home blessing of vacuuming and swiffering floors was longer than I thought. :shock: :D

I have one more thing: empty trash cans in bathrooms (a home blessing)done :D

put hook on door in bathroom :arrow:

brother stopped by :D
dd younger picked up dogs meds :D
dh brought my things to the cleaners :D

still need to do the following routines:

gym, exercise
make dinner
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:17 pm

Yes, Lady M, we all do what we "have to do" but you put an amazing effort and attitude into your life!

Met the appraiser and that didn't take very long and then went to library to try to research a little more for my temple bulletin article. No one ever comments, do you think anyone actually reads it?

The good news is that at the library, the local history librarian and I set a date for me to do a beginning DNA for genealogists presentation! I would cover the following areas I think:
-why do DNA testing
-types of DNA testing
-companies for DNA testing
-interpreting results
-next steps

The next things I need to work on are the research project for another person, the work due on Wednesday for Pro Gen, and the syllabus for the DNA thing.

I'm going to go see my dmom - she may already be at the dinner table when I get there but I guess that's okay.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:25 pm

i think they do read it. Lots of times I read things but don't make comments 99 % of the time.
You do great work d twins! Well done. have fun seeing your d mom!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:36 pm

Twins: I agree, people read without commenting, either online or in person. I do get good feedback from time to time but usually when I don't expect it.

I'm home and dinner is done. Dh found the broken clay coaster from today (just another thing that went wrong today!) I need to vacuum up the little bits of clay. Dgs is good about picking up some things, saying gargar (garbage), and handing it over to you but let's not discover he's now putting things into his mouth!

I spent the afternoon doing retail therapy. I wandered through IKEA and got dgs' birthday present (dh was agog, "You mean his birthday in October?!?") It is just another book like his Princess and the Frog book but this time there's only one stuffed toy that is based on the book. There was a memory came with flash cards so I bought that along with the book and stuffed animal. I also picked up the Princess and the Frog book in French since it was on clearance and eventually dgs will be going to school in French so he'll need some French books at home for practice.

I bought myself a super lightweight duvet so this year I can put that in my cover instead of a light blanket. I want the weight but no warmth in the summer and for $8 this will be perfect! And a tea pot.

Then to WM to return the extra blind from today (that's what I bought with the refugees and they were put up and looking good when I left.) There I bought dh and I both socks since we've had a problem with both of us going through them all of a sudden. They are old so it isn't a surprise (some were 12 years old and worn regularly) but annoying.

I also bought flooring for my bathroom (those dense foam puzzle pieces) and a pair of sunglasses that go over my regular glasses.

Finally I returned the non-functioning antenna and bought a bamboo cutting board and Armorall wipes for the car interior. Now, when in the lineup for the car wash or at the gas station while dh is filling the car, I can be wiping down the inside of the car. The exterior is in great shape thanks to our monthly car-wash pass but the interior is bad. These won't work on the floor mats but everything else can be spiffed up.

I picked up a cooked chicken and we ate pretty quickly after I got home.

We're going to go to be insanely early tonight. We are both exhausted. I'm waiting to find out if I'm trading church services (so not preaching this week) or taking two weeks in a row to cover for another preacher. This week's service is already done and I've been working on the sermon. I have nothing prepared for the following week but will switch my exegesis to that immediately if I'm trading Sundays.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:38 pm

Just lost a 3 line post, back from errands. Had a meeting with friend that knits and saw another friend while I was there.

Earlier in the day I did sone pruning today most of the limbs are picked up need to get a few more. 69* out we will hit 72* in the next few days many are out doing yard work. Sending warm thoughts to everyone!

H. Is on his way I got take out for dinner.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:41 pm

It's so cold!

Hi! Another cold day here.

I was really expecting the former owner to finally bring his new wife over tonight after dh called him last night. This morning I cleaned and did dishes and made the bed all before 9. When I got home at 2 I vacuumed and washed all the floors. I tidied some more. I even open the window in the bathroom just a bit to let fresh air in. I also made supper, but didn't cook any pasta to go in, because I was going to do it after they left.

They didn't need to come after all was said and done. Dh was supposed to repair her car, but they ended up getting it done closer to where they live now because it was a steering problem.

My house is cleaner than it has been for a while and I have very little to do tomorrow.

Supper was meat sauce and pasta. (rotini which looks like corkscrews and is really good in a thick meat sauce.)
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”