Figuring out Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Figuring out Friday

Postby lucylee » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:09 am

Well, Harriet, I never posted about your fruit because it took me most of the day to figure out Friday. Not sure I actually did.
I've just done the bare minimum all day long. And probably less than that yesterday.

After having dgd all day long Wednesday, I gave myself a lazy day yesterday -- and I certainly did enjoy it.
I didn't even have to cook supper -- dh had gone to a lunch thing with some men he played high school football with, and he decided he'd eat breakfast for supper -- just cereal and fruit. So I treated myself to chicken fingers and fries from a favorite restaurant in town. Plus, we went to a movie.
The only purposeful thing I did all day was calling loan company for dfriend (again) and this time I actually got to talk to a live person.

But today -- I had good intentions of MUCH purposeful activity.
Not to happen. I just woke up tired (even though I slept a LOT yesterday during the day, Fitbit showed less than 8 hours' sleep for the time I was actually in bed last night/this morning.) DH said he did not sleep well either, and he has felt miserable all day.
When I finally dragged myself out, I had to go to the post office, grocery store and 2 drug stores... then put all that away... balanced the checkbook/reconciled statement... cooked supper... and TA DA -- walked outdoors 2 miles.
Talked to ddil on the phone... dcousin... dmom... and ds...
Stopped to visit with neighbor for a few minutes...
I guess it WAS purposeful? But I sure felt draggy until around 3:00 p.m.

I must have some kind of sleeping sickness.

LadyM, hmmm... good luck with the new puppy.
Enjoy your free day tomorrow!

That IS ridiculous, that you still don't know what you will be doing Sunday, Kathryn. Good for you on being prepared anyway!
I am so sorry -- and mad on your behalf -- re: the disappointing meeting!

Harmony -- I'm sorry your library is in such a mess right now. Harriet mentioned Goodwill. DDIL said she bought 3 books at yard sales today for 25 cents each. (((HUGS))) -- hope you and Mr. Harmony feel better tomorrow!

* DDIL loves yard sales. She also bought dgd a combination easel/chalkboard, in the box, for $20. Looked it up online and it was $45 new.
She buys a lot of the kids clothes at yard sales and thrift stores/consignment shops. I don't know if they will get to the point that they fuss about that, but she certainly does save a lot of money, and they always look nice. They don't always have the most expensive brand names, but sometimes she does find real surprises -- a Ralph Lauren sweater still with the tags on it, for example. She's a thrifty shopper, that's for certain. It's partly out of necessity right now, but I think she gets a real thrill out of the bargain, too.

Speaking of books -- did I tell y'all that dmom passed on to me a Nook (e-reader) that she got as a "free gift with purchase" from one of those places she was ordering stuff from all the time during her depression/medication days? I haven't set it up yet, but I'm thinking it might be very nice to have. It is a VERY basic model, but it looks like it still works. It is pre-loaded with a bunch of religious books that I may or may not be interested in. Dmom said I could probably delete them if I wanted to and have more space. It says I can load more through B&N account, which I think I already have.

I can't remember if I've read that book (Guernsey...) or not, either, Lynlee. I didn't know there was a movie! I bet it is good. (If I haven't read the book, I know I intended to.)

WTG with the yard work and your knitting, Nancy!

WTG to you, blessed! You have been sooo busy lately!

Waving to Twins and everyone else! I'm just trying to cuop through topic review. DH has already gone to bed. He has really felt rough today.
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Re: Figuring out Friday

Postby Lynlee » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:34 am

Home from movie. Interruption by a fire alarm evacuation, delay, then difficulties getting movie going again with sound as a needed extra, meant an added hour to that time slot. Plus that a school was putting on Joseph and his technicolour coat in the largest live event/ cinema, meant that there were hundreds of extra people/kids in the building. Home in the dark, when home in daylight was the plan.
It was a different story I'd read. The movie is well worth a viewing if you get a chance. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society ...
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”