Figuring out Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Figuring out Friday

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:23 pm

Lady M, I'd do Ancestry assuming your mothers can spit into the tube to collect saliva. Some older people have a dry mouth, and have difficulty getting enough spit. There are some workarounds, I'll post some links if you think that might be a problem. Once one has taken an Ancestry test, it can be downloaded and transferred into the Family Tree DNA database, My Heritage, and Gedmatch, if you want to "fish in all the ponds." I'm assuming they would give you permission to download and upload to other websites. You don't have to use IRL name if you don't care to, but FTDNA requires an email address. You can, of course, set up an anonymous email address too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:34 pm

hello

I did 15 minutes round robin in garage - toss, sweep a bit, swiffer puffy duster and dh little sweeper dust pan on his work bench (which was much needed) and put away in correct places

did heavy cleaning 15 minutes in kitchen (my once a week heavy cleaning in there) wash the 2 doors and the french doors as well.

I just did a run through for 15 minutes on the closets - nothing more this week.

hi d nancy
hi d twins
hi d lady
hi d cathy
hi d all.

dd made salmon with mango salsa and quinoa for herself and dd older. she did some cleanup but forgot the sink - so I will ask her to wipe out the sink after dinner. I wasn't hungry.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:36 pm

My meeting went extraordinarily badly.

I ran out of time to walk all the way there so dh agreed to drop me part way. Then he ended up having to drop me even closer because we got stuck in rush hour traffic (at 2:15!)

I arrived just at 3 after an OK walk. Yes there is sun but there's also a bitterly cold wind so while the temperature is well above freezing, I was still cold when standing at street corners waiting for lights.

After the meeting, my minister dropped me just under a mile from home and I walked back. That saved me time but I still got steps in. I'm at just 9k for the day.

Emails have been flying since I got home. I've sent out all I need to as a result of the meeting.

Still no word on if I'm preaching. I worked out the opening and the format for the sermon on the walk to the meeting, so will probably write the sermon anyway. Since it is on the 23rd Psalm which comes up regularly, it won't be a waste of effort, it is just a waste of my time at the moment which is in short supply.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:07 pm

Twins - THANK YOU!

I might need intervention. I brought home another dog today. A 5 month old Greyhound puppy. We do not need 4 dogs! Especially with 3 of them being in puppy status. I have only committed to taking this puppy on a trial basis until Monday. How did I get myself into this? DGS21 got another dog today and he can't have 4 animals in his apartment. So a new dog meant one of his existing dogs had to go. This puppy was being kept in a kennel at the vet clinic until DGS21 could find another home for it. I have never been around Greyhounds before. His personality is very laid back and is easily trained. It took me about 5 minutes to teach him to walk next to me and not pull on the leash. He would make SOMEONE a very good companion. I'm just not sure that I'm that someone. I have a couple more days to talk myself out of it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:51 pm

LadyM! Yes I hear greyhounds are wonderful dogs. They need a lot of space to run around. Wow. I had 5 one time. Never again. Irish Setters.

Shopping trip went ok except I forgot 2 things at supermarket. Stopped by GW and gave the glassware I purged from my kitchen this week. And a few more things.

Disappointed at library. I thought they were just painting the outside. The inside is being renovated also. Big sign that it was still open. But they just had a small temporary library set up in a big room and the big part all closed to patrons. Sooo disappointing. I am having withdrawal, nothing to read for a couple weeks. Seriously. Worse news is it isn't going to be open till mid May! I never saw an announcement about this anywhere. If I had it, I could probably read War and Peace in all this time.

Just put the new cartridge into the copier. $135 + tax. I hope this one lasts a long time.

Tummy is a bit upset. And I'm super tired. DH is really dragging too. Think it'll be an early night.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:24 pm

Harmony - does your library let you check books out online? I've used Overdrive to read books online by using my library card.

DS9 and DD made plans for tomorrow. I think DS9 forgot that we were going to take him to the Farm Show. I'm not going to remind him and just let it go. The thought of having a few hours alone with DH and no kids keeps me silent. ;)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:15 pm

I have done another round on the yard work.
Found a way to get quilt block out of here yea my friend will take em.
I am to the last color on my current knitting project, and to the last rose bush in this section.

People that run the charity food stufff here are failing, we usually have food to take when we go to an event at the fair building like the home and garden show the tickets have gone up in price and you cannot get a disount with donated canned goods any more and the food bank has empty shelves. No surprises there. Hello!

I only got one of the frozen meals so I am having something else tonight.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:33 pm

home from tai chi. a few groceries on the way home.
LOL done. There id sunshine atm, but I brought in the tops anyway because I can be certain their can be a shower any time it feels like pouring down.
lunch happened
I'm thinking of getting back into town to see a movie.
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (M)
I'm wondering if I read the book. Certainly I've read something of that place and the wartime occupation.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:08 pm

Sermon done. That's out of the way even though I don't know if I will need to preach it.

I'm tired. Dh went to bed ages ago.

Tomorrow will be another very full day. Sigh...

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:03 am

Now see, I wondered why ya'll weren't stepping up to talk me out of trying to learn fruit-plate arranging.

Turns out, LadyM brought home another puppy.

LadyM, my new project's in perspective now. :shock:

Kathryn, I'm astonished you still don't know whether you are to preach or not.

Harmony, could you go to the next closest library without too much trouble? Online reading? Goodwill shelves? :idea: When I accompany dd38 to Goodwill for the boys' jeans, if I lose her, I always just go to the book section and will find her looking at the low shelves where I couldn't see her. We went to a grocery together last time she was here and I told her - don't get separated from me, they don't have a book section here. She never leaves Goodwill without finding books.

Return to “Post When You Can”