Saturday Sit Up and Take Notice

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Saturday Sit Up and Take Notice

Postby Harriet » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:11 am

What is interesting you lately?
Are you investigating options?
Learning something new every day?

Homemakers have great observational skills, and are bound to catch on when something needs attention, or would make a good addition.

We don't miss much!

Let us know what gets you to sit up and take notice today!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Saturday Sit Up and Take Notice

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:16 am

I'm noticing the mess I'm in!

And how hot the apartment is! There is still a bitter wind, the outside temp is at freezing so the windchill is around 20, but that's from the north west and my bedroom is in full sun in the east. With both windows full open, it is almost 80 in there. The kitchen (on the west) is much cooler because I've cracked the window in there to help get some cooler air into the apartment. Once I start cleaning, I'll open the patio doors.

My turkey goes on in an hour.

I'm up, bedroom tidied, load of laundry folded and put away, next load started. Kitchen tidy but could use a cleaning but there's no point since I'm cooking a turkey dinner tonight.

I have a long walk planned to get rid of the textiles to recycle. That will happen after the turkey is put on.

Before then, I need to have my breakfast and s2s.

I only had 6 hours in bed last night so I'm not running on full speed. I'm hoping for a nap at 1:30 for 45 minutes.

To balance off all the negative J&C posts I've made, I posted a link to pictures of the refugee apartment for those of you who would like to see what I've been going on and on and on and on about over the past month.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:30 am

I'm up, s2s, bed made and am about to take my morning meds. Then I'll see what I notice and start my PODA. DD is still sleeping in. It was midnight before she got home from the Solar Bears game Thursday night (they had gone into 17:29 minutes of the first overtime). She wanted to try to sleep in this morning so I'm trying to be quiet. Am going to have to eat breakfast shortly though. Got up with a BS of 59 at 1 and ate some licorice to counteract. First low I've had in some time.

I've been sitting up and taking notice that I need to just plain MOVE more. So that's my aim for today. I've fallen into a rut once DD gets home from work of just sitting and watching TV with her. She's been so tired.

Talked to dh last night. He and dsonil have been removing the in/out carpeting from their new site. And also taking off the boards on top of the cross beams. Mostly it's done in. So they'll end up making the deck smaller for now. Right now it's 400 square feet and they'll be charged $1/sq foot. Guess it's a new rule this year. Once it's paid that's it -unless they move or leave -then it's given back to them. A lot of that is because the campground was incurring a lot of cost when people moved.

Off to take meds and eat breakfast. Will wash my hair once dd is up and about.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:39 am

Kathryn - How fun to see the fully furnished apartment you have put so much effort and time creating for the new Canadians! They have a great start to this new phase of their lives.

It is raining here! Glorious rain! We need it so very much. Our state has been plagued by uncontrollable fires. Many have lost everything (home, livestock, etc) and a couple of people have lost their lives. Our air has been filled with smoke and ashes. Sometimes I can't see the ashes in the air but when you touch any surface you can feel the grit. I am so very thankful for the rain!

Sam (new puppy) did very well during the night. I put a kennel next to my side of the bed and he slept all night without a whimper. I was surprised this morning to find him sitting next to my bed outside of the kennel. How did he get out? I suspect that I need kennel door closing training! I gave Sam a toy that one of the other puppies has had for months and doesn't play with. Sam destroyed the toy within minutes by turning it into just a shell with its stuffing everywhere. Soooo much for sturdy dog toys. Now I've given him a kong type toy with peanut butter smeared inside it. Sam doesn't seem to be a fan of peanut butter. There are 48 more hours (or so ) for me to decide whether Sam will stay or go.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:03 am

what a great way to start the day! thank you d harriet!

I am noticing that spring is actually coming which means I can get back on the water (even though clumsily- but happily) soon and continue my journey of learning. I plan on (knock on wood 8-) ) to take time at the beach as part of my BWP. It also means lots of gardening, barbecues and ice tea outside!

hi d lady! I am glad you are having rain! hope that your state has a nice balance of rain and sunshine this summer! Glad you new puppy is doing well!

hi d dee sending your dd a restful day! have a wonderful day!

hi d kathryn wow that is hot! hope it starts to regulate. I hope today is a good day!

I was supposed to walk with sil s but now I am waiting again for the window guys. Last time - if they don't show up I will cancel any further contact.

hello everyone! wishing you the best!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:09 am

today: fingers crossed

work on living room project.
home blessing: smudges and marks around house
10 minutes in basement for round robin

what I have done so far 10:34 wrote the company, who supposedly had 4 - 1/2 stars, that I cancel any further attempts to have them do the work they promised and didn't follow through. 3rd time they didn't show up.

did my BWP for next week
now to dejunk emails, and figure out what I spent.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:42 am

Walked to the textile recycling drop-off and stopped by the grocery store for ham for dsil since he doesn't like turkey.

That was a 75 minute walk so exercise is out of the way for today. I'll snack and then start the cleaning.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:02 pm

wonderful d kathryn!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:03 pm

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:24 pm

One of the things I've learned from the apartment setup process is that 700 square feet is enough room for a family of six. When we are there with the family (so 8 of us) it doesn't feel crowded at all. I think, in general, North Americans have a poor sense of how much space we need. And how much stuff we need.

(Says the woman looking around a huge mess in a large apartment!)

Dd called to say what her day is like and when they think they'll be coming over.

Dh is on a conference call.

I'm going to dig out the vacuum and get the main rooms finished up.

Still don't know if I'm working tomorrow. I suppose I should fix that.

A finger is in the dyke of my other issue (from J&C) so I can now relax and know the problem isn't getting any worse while we await a solution being worked out.

Return to “Post When You Can”